| FOOD Coffee Opinions

I have been buying Hills brand coffee at Rural King because I am cheap and so is the coffee.
Last baseball season I noticed they were serving Red Diamond tea and coffee at The Joe. I really hadn't thought of that name brand in years. I remembered my grandfather used to be a HUGE Red Diamond coffee man.

It just so happens I was in a store a week ago and came across a pound. Bought it quickly. What's strange about that same trip is I also found a tin of King Leo's peppermint sticks. That's another of his vices. Bought it quickly.

Your drinking habits seem to mirror mine sans stopping with caffeinated drinks. I could drink a cup of coffee right before I went to bed and it won't bother me. Still, my routine goes coffee, water, and then it's beer on those days.

In sort of a coincidental conversation...a few of us were talking about how many soft drinks we all consume. Today is March 4th and I've had six drinks (Scotch, Bourbon, et. al.) this year. That's more than double the number of soft drinks I've had in 2019.

Last baseball season I noticed they were serving Red Diamond tea and coffee at The Joe. I really hadn't thought of that name brand in years. I remembered my grandfather used to be a HUGE Red Diamond coffee man.

It just so happens I was in a store a week ago and came across a pound. Bought it quickly. What's strange about that same trip is I also found a tin of King Leo's peppermint sticks. That's another of his vices. Bought it quickly.

Your drinking habits seem to mirror mine sans stopping with caffeinated drinks. I could drink a cup of coffee right before I went to bed and it won't bother me. Still, my routine goes coffee, water, and then it's beer on those days.

In sort of a coincidental conversation...a few of us were talking about how many soft drinks we all consume. Today is March 4th and I've had six drinks (Scotch, Bourbon, et. al.) this year. That's more than double the number of soft drinks I've had in 2019.

Don't drink any soft drinks at all. My Scotch of choice is Glenmorangie with a little club soda to make it exciting. It is smokey sweet without adding any sugar or diet drink. I like to venture out for coffee. I have a customer in New Orleans that owns all the coffee storage warehouses off of the river. On a visit the manager gave me a 5 pound bag sample of Jamaican Blue Mountain green coffee. Used an air popcorn maker to roast the beans to a medium roast. It was fantastic. A fun way to make fresh coffee.

My grandparents bought Red Diamond at the local A&P and then Winn-Dixie store for years. I always loved walking by the coffee section and grinding our own coffee, just something about that fresh smell.

As far as caffeine goes, I made a decision about 8-10 years ago to cut drastically back on caffeine. I started slow and worked my way off it completely. Just a small amount anytime after 1pm keeps me up most of the night. Before, it was no problem to drink caffeine and go to bed.

Rarely do I put any type of dark Cola in my body, another choice I made. Once every blue moon, I do buy a Coke and put peanuts in it. Good stuff! Canada Dry Ginger Ale is the only other drink I partake of on a regular basis.

My Scotch of choice is Glenmorangie with a little club soda to make it exciting.

I can't agree with you here that adding something to a good Scotch makes it more exciting. I've tried the Glenmorangie a few times. It's a good single malt. When I first came across it several years ago their story was interesting to me. It was The Lasanta, I think, that was aged in bourbon casks before switching it to Sherry casks for the last two years. A little sweet, but still a nice drink. And, at the most, a cube of ice...in a double.
Once every blue moon, I do buy a Coke and put peanuts in it.
As long as it's in a glass bottle! Yep, that rocks. That's another thing I originally saw my grandparents doing.

Don't drink any soft drinks at all. My Scotch of choice is Glenmorangie with a little club soda to make it exciting. It is smokey sweet without adding any sugar or diet drink. I like to venture out for coffee. I have a customer in New Orleans that owns all the coffee storage warehouses off of the river. On a visit the manager gave me a 5 pound bag sample of Jamaican Blue Mountain green coffee. Used an air popcorn maker to roast the beans to a medium roast. It was fantastic. A fun way to make fresh coffee.

We're moving from a brown beverage (coffee) discussion to brown liquor. I'm more of a bourbon guy than scotch. Four Roses typically goes in my wife's old fashioned - or Makers if we're out - but I typically mix my bourbon with ice. A buddy just gave me a bottle of Jefferson's Ocean that I'll be cracking soon.

Being a person that researches something to death before I buy it proved to be a good thing with coffee. I buy online now from a roaster in Pennsylvania.

Incredible Coffee

I have had 4 different African coffees with an Ethiopian varietal that has become my favorite for the time being. 4 different Indonesian coffees that are deep flavored with zero bitterness. The Indonesian coffees are as black as my x wife's heart with the African having a reddish hue.

Cost is only a little more than 8 O'clock in the store. They roast it the day you order it. I admit it, I'm a coffee snob but I'm keeping the French press because it makes the best tasting. I recently tried a keriug and was underwhelmed to say the least. I'm not advertising for them but if anyone wants to try, just let me know and I'll send you a link to get you $5 off your first purchase. I will get a few points to get a tiny discount at a later date. I'm hooked, back to having coffee daily. My next order will be a 5lb bag of Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Kochere
Please send me that link

I don't drink coffee outside of home. I can't find any as good as I make it with my French press and Ethiopian coffee.

Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Kochere Coffee

^^, then use the below for 20% off your first purchase :)

...And like magic, Fresh Roasted Coffee appears in your feed.

Thanks for doing your research but please be careful. Doing it to death means we lose a loyal customer.

Use "20P" on your next purchase and take 20% off - just because we like you. It's a one-time code so you can all use it ... once.

--FRC
FreshRoastedCoffee.com

Back
Top Bottom