| FOOD Coffee Opinions

Changing the subject, slightly.

Do you guys have a particular "coffee shop" you stop in to grab a cup?

Within five or six blocks from the house I've got a Starbucks (don't do their coffee, but the food is pretty good) and a Dunkin' Donuts (not bad coffee.) However, I prefer to drive about three miles to hit another shop in another suburb of Charleston; Bald Monkey Beanery.

It's certainly cheaper than Starbucks. A large coffee is two bucks. What's interesting to me about the place is it's owned/operated by one of the "one percenters" who is very high up the chain in this area. He's a nomad...which should tell you all you need to know about that guys life's history.

i only drink coffee i make at home. i'm not about to pay a company like starbucks one single penny for anything they have. even if it was all free, i still wouldn't get anything from them.

but....i'm a simple man so i like simple coffee. i buy mine from costco and brew a pot every morning. caffeine has no affect on me...but i just like the taste of it.

Being a person that researches something to death before I buy it proved to be a good thing with coffee. I buy online now from a roaster in Pennsylvania.

...And like magic, Fresh Roasted Coffee appears in your feed.

Thanks for doing your research but please be careful. Doing it to death means we lose a loyal customer.

Use "20P" on your next purchase and take 20% off - just because we like you. It's a one-time code so you can all use it ... once.

--FRC
FreshRoastedCoffee.com

Buy a Keurig. Waiting five minutes or so for a cup of coffee is a crime--should be a shootable offense.

Haaahaaahaaa..........I'm an extremist, I brew different beans varying time to each. The Ethiopian steeps 20 min. before I press it. You would be amazed at the depth of flavors in coffee from different micro regions.
I've tried a keurig twice, dreadful coffee to me.

Last edited:
Haaahaaahaaa..........I'm an extremist, I brew different beans varying time to each. The Ethiopian steeps 20 min. before I press it. You would be amazed at the depth of flavors in coffee from different micro regions.
I've tried a keurig twice, dreadful coffee to me.
Thank you! I try it, and didn't like it!

I drink a ton of coffee, pods or brewed, I'm not a coffee snob. Quantity...
A double of one of the Glen's = 12 bucks or more. "I'm good with that. Make it neat."
A bagel and two regular coffee's at Starbucks = 8 bucks and some change. "That's WAY TOO much for coffee." Both of those happened yesterday and I'm still thinking I spent too much on the coffee and one sorry bagel.

I do like the pods. They certainly are more clean to work with and easier. BUT, when I consider the cost per pound? "That's WAY TOO expensive for coffee."

And, for context sake, I'm still buying Dunkin' Donuts coffee because one of their stores is so close to the house. It's like dog food...one of the purchases I seen to always have to return to the store to get more.

I stop and get a cup of coffee just about every morning from McDonald's, on the way to work. For some reason, I really like their coffee and a large cup is only a dollar. If I don't stop at McDonald's, I stop at a store, near my home that gives free coffee if you have the stores mug, I do. As soon as I get to school, I make a pot of coffee and drink on that until about 10-11 am. I love coffee but I am not really tied to a particular brand or any specialty coffees. The last few months, I have been buying Hills brand coffee at Rural King because I am cheap and so is the coffee.

I stop and get a cup of coffee just about every morning from McDonald's, on the way to work. For some reason, I really like their coffee and a large cup is only a dollar. If I don't stop at McDonald's, I stop at a store, near my home that gives free coffee if you have the stores mug, I do. As soon as I get to school, I make a pot of coffee and drink on that until about 10-11 am. I love coffee but I am not really tied to a particular brand or any specialty coffees. The last few months, I have been buying Hills brand coffee at Rural King because I am cheap and so is the coffee.
I am in the phone business and noticed all the att trucks at McDonald's. If you're 55 you get coffee for a quarter.

I am in the phone business and noticed all the att trucks at McDonald's. If you're 55 you get coffee for a quarter.

I guess I have a year before I start going to McDonald's. It's funny the different thresholds companies use for senior discounts. With our aging population, it seems to be drifting upward. If you live in an area with a good number of retirees, it can be higher. The slop the hogs buffet in Pell City has a special for seniors 60+.

I guess I have a year before I start going to McDonald's. It's funny the different thresholds companies use for senior discounts. With our aging population, it seems to be drifting upward. If you live in an area with a good number of retirees, it can be higher. The slop the hogs buffet in Pell City has a special for seniors 60+.
Here are a few restaurants for 50 - 55 year youngsters.
Senior Discounts for restaurants

Back
Top Bottom