| FTBL 'Cocks starter suspended from school

That is pretty weak. I took a class in Jr. College once that required us to bring a gun to class. I know several students at UA who carry them in their vehicle (not in class though). If I lived on campus, I'd do the same.

Porterhouse said:
That is pretty weak. I took a class in Jr. College once that required us to bring a gun to class. I know several students at UA who carry them in their vehicle (not in class though). If I lived on campus, I'd do the same.

Good lord where was that class located? I have a class on the Fredd campus near Stillman...and I thought that was bad. :D

Tider 27 said:
Porterhouse said:

Good lord where was that class located? I have a class on the Fredd campus near Stillman...and I thought that was bad. :D

Southern Union, in Opelika. It was a gun safety course (elective). It was BYOG though. :lol:

Somehow I doubt that he had this weapon in the car he was in (not his car - not his weapon) so that he could take it to a course. Moreover the report says he was accused of brandishing his weapon.

I LOVE guns and am a big supporter of our right to cary them....but that does a 19 year old football player need with someone elses gun in someone elses car. If you feel the need to carry a firearm, make sure it is YOURS and that you tote it legaly.

Somehow I get the idea this kid is a thug wannabe.

Swamptick said:
Somehow I doubt that he had this weapon in the car he was in (not his car - not his weapon) so that he could take it to a course. Moreover the report says he was accused of brandishing his weapon.

I LOVE guns and am a big supporter of our right to cary them....but that does a 19 year old football player need with someone elses gun in someone elses car. If you feel the need to carry a firearm, make sure it is YOURS and that you tote it legaly.

Somehow I get the idea this kid is a thug wannabe.

The article I read on it last night didn't go into much detail, it just kind of said he was with a guy who had a gun in his car on campus. I'm sure there was more to it, but if not, suspending him from school is a bit harsh, especially considering it wasn't his gun, that was my point. I agree though, if they are going to carry them (guns) they need to do it legally.

I took Military skills @ Bama and we got to shoot m16's. :shock: was my favorite class of course. The profs were all Army guys and supposedly not paid by the Univ. They would CUSS up a storm in that class. :D On shooting day (we all had to shoot in a prone position) one guy stood up with the gun not pointed down range asking how to get it off of burst!! :shock: That was VERY entertaining! :lol:

Lenny Kozlowski said:
I took Military skills @ Bama and we got to shoot m16's. :shock: was my favorite class of course. The profs were all Army guys and supposedly not paid by the Univ. They would CUSS up a storm in that class. :D On shooting day (we all had to shoot in a prone position) one guy stood up with the gun not pointed down range asking how to get it off of burst!! :shock: That was VERY entertaining! :lol:

That would be cool.

I dont think the shooting range is even there anymore? It used to be located between the pond and Ten Hoor. Anybody know if its still there? Seems like I remember driving by there and thinking Damn no more M16's

Back
Top Bottom