| FTBL Coaching

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Scholarship Club
I concur it absolutely is no secret about the O-line.

I remember during A-day and wondering if our kick-off coverage was that bad or if our returns were that good?

No need to do this-----> ;scr anymore. :D
 

TerryP

Misomaniac
Ivory Club
Bama1966 said:
What a difference a coach makes. Pendry and Middleton are making a difference.

That is all.

You can't stop there. Steele and Thompson have done a great job with our LB's. You have to hand it to Smart for the job he's done with our DB's. Shutting down Bennett was a prime example. Cignetti has done a good job our WR's...routes look crisp, well run. Play calling has been great. Until the play develops, it's not been easy to recognize what we are doing. (that's a huge change) Burns doing a great job with the RB's. Over 500 yards two games into the season is a statement. Bo Davis with the DL...a group coming together that was feared as being a very weak group.

But, like we've talked about, Middleton has just be impressive!!!!
 

Kirk Van de Graaff

Thread Starter
Gravity Checker
Scholarship Club
TerryP said:
Bama1966 said:
What a difference a coach makes. Pendry and Middleton are making a difference.

That is all.

You can't stop there. Steele and Thompson have done a great job with our LB's. You have to hand it to Smart for the job he's done with our DB's. Shutting down Bennett was a prime example. Cignetti has done a good job our WR's...routes look crisp, well run. Play calling has been great. Until the play develops, it's not been easy to recognize what we are doing. (that's a huge change) Burns doing a great job with the RB's. Over 500 yards two games into the season is a statement. Bo Davis with the DL...a group coming together that was feared as being a very weak group.

But, like we've talked about, Middleton has just be impressive!!!!

You are right, the whole staff has done a solid job. Get another year under their belt and look out.
 

mckinjc

Verified Member
Sideline Club
The game was great..I was happy to see that we got some interceptions as well. We could have had several if we'd held on to the ball, but I'm happy we got the ones we got.
RTR
 

shipley00

Century Club
Bama1966 said:
What a difference a coach makes. Pendry and Middleton are making a difference.

That is all.

One things for sure. I don't suspect we'll hear the following quote this year...

"(the other right tackle) had a great week of practice. We meant to get him in the game, but I just forgot..."
 

Wiseace615

Verified Member
Extra Point Club
I loved the way they used Arenas and Lowe on punt returns against the Rugby style punter. It was a simple strategy yet it really took away the benefit of that punting style. I think Middleton has done a superb job improving our special teams.
 
G

Guest

This is an attacking style coaching staff. I love it. As Saban has been quoted this week they never want to let up.

I still wasn't exactly thrilled with the plays called Sat. It just seems they were pushing JPW to do things he wasn't either ready for or that were just not going to happen for him Sat. (whatever the reason).

I would have turned to the run game much sooner, but that is just me. I'm confident that the staff saw some things I didn't and were trying to exploit that. Unfortunately we couldn't because of lack of execution.
 

Wiseace615

Verified Member
Extra Point Club
BamaDelta said:
This is an attacking style coaching staff. I love it. As Saban has been quoted this week they never want to let up.

I still wasn't exactly thrilled with the plays called Sat. It just seems they were pushing JPW to do things he wasn't either ready for or that were just not going to happen for him Sat. (whatever the reason).

I would have turned to the run game much sooner, but that is just me. I'm confident that the staff saw some things I didn't and were trying to exploit that. Unfortunately we couldn't because of lack of execution.

I see what you mean about "pushing" JPW, but I also understand what they are doing. We seem to have established a pretty good running game already. I think that all of our backs have proven themselves, with the standout being Grant. However, we have to establish the passing game as well. If we don't have balance and become one dimensional, then our opponents will just stack up against the run knowing that we don't have an efficient passing games. You want to call the pass plays in the early games even if they don't work. You will at least have film that you can look at and assess what needs to be corrected for the next game. If the plays do work then the QB will gain confidence, thus developing the passing game.
 

c5vetman

Extra Point Club
I could be wrong about this, but wasn't Grant hurt before the season last year, and Shula played him anyway in a few snaps?

Talking about coaching and running backs, could you imagine what could have happened when Shula used him in a couple of games with the bum leg? He ended up not playing too much and getting that medical redshirt, but it could have been disastrous if he had played enough to lose that year of eligibility because Shula was too dumb to just not redshirt him before the season started since he already had an injury!
 

TerryP

Misomaniac
Ivory Club
c5vetman said:
I could be wrong about this, but wasn't Grant hurt before the season last year, and Shula played him anyway in a few snaps?

Talking about coaching and running backs, could you imagine what could have happened when Shula used him in a couple of games with the bum leg? He ended up not playing too much and getting that medical redshirt, but it could have been disastrous if he had played enough to lose that year of eligibility because Shula was too dumb to just not redshirt him before the season started since he already had an inju...

Hurt in his HS years, and wasn't it his shoulder?
 

Tigrinum Major

Verified Member
Sideline Club
bamafan4ever said:
WooPiigSooie!!!!! said:
Whos grant?

He was a general for the Union in the Civil War and later became President but the Grant that you are asking about, let's just say, you won't have any questions after this Saturday. Fair enough?

He's better than DMac and Felix combined.

If DMac and Peyton Hillis had a love child, it would be Terry Grant.

He's been known to kick off for Alabama and beat the ball to the kick returner, give the opposing player a roundhouse kick in the face and receive the ball himself.

He's kind of a big deal.
 
Top Bottom