| FTBL Coaching Changes

LBS said:
You just know that with 2 of the 6 black head coaches being fired someone has to hire a black candidate.

That said, who are the maid guys?

Charlie Strong at Florida seems to be getting some love.

Romeo Crenell, HC of the Cleveland Browns (dead man walking) needs to get his resume up to date and with that effort he would be a consideration for some programs...

Two notes:

#1 - Syracuse is hard after Skip Holtz at East Carolina and he's listening.

#2 - ESPN was reporting much of the day yesterday that Auburn will speak with Buffalo Head Coach Turner Gill.

RollTideRandy said:
Two notes:

#2 - ESPN was reporting much of the day yesterday that Auburn will speak with Buffalo Head Coach Turner Gill.

Wow...Turner Gill.

RollTideRandy said:
Two notes:

If I were a Auburn fan I'd be really skeptical on this interview. Really skeptical.

Nothing against Turner Gill, but let's look at where he coaches. A man in that position, before reaching a BCS level, would spend some time at a mid-tier school before going on to a multi-million dollar budgeted program.

Was there something he did in 2006 when Buffalo faced Auburn that stuck out in their minds? I don't know, maybe scoring 3X the amount of points Miss. St. did this year?

It would be a nice PR move, no doubt.

But, at this level of play, all he has for experience is a position coach, QB's.

And...if you think about where they started and where they are now?

TerryP said:
RollTideRandy said:
Two notes:

If I were a Auburn fan I'd be really skeptical on this interview. Really skeptical.

Nothing against Turner Gill, but let's look at where he coaches. A man in that position, before reaching a BCS level, would spend some time at a mid-tier school before going on to a multi-million dollar budgeted program.

Was there something he did in 2006 when Buffalo faced Auburn that stuck out in their minds? I don't know, maybe scoring 3X the amount of points Miss. St. did this year?

It would be a nice PR move, no doubt.

But, at this level of play, all he has for experience is a position coach, QB's.

And...if you think about where they started and where they are now?

I'm sure it's not going to surprise anyone on here but there is a lot of excitement on the AU boards about Turner Gill. I am sitting there shocked that people are excited about getting an unproven coach with an overall record of 15-21. Is there something I am missing. Can someone give an objective reason as to why we would want him. I am becoming increasingly frustrated with my fellow idiot barners. Just sayin...

I don't know 38. I'm as confused as you are about this line of interviews.

Garner, on the other hand, would be good on the recruiting trail...but he does carry a rep that'll have a lot of schools watching his every move.

38AUTiger said:
I'm sure it's not going to surprise anyone on here but there is a lot of excitement on the AU boards about Turner Gill. I am sitting there shocked that people are excited about getting an unproven coach with an overall record of 15-21. Is there something I am missing. Can someone give an objective reason as to why we would want him. I am becoming increasingly frustrated with my fellow idiot barners. Just sayin...

I wouldn't be excited about the hire, but the fact that he is taking Buffalo to their first Bowl game in the 50 year history of the program is mildly impressive.

RollTideRandy said:
38AUTiger said:

I wouldn't be excited about the hire, but the fact that he is taking Buffalo to their first Bowl game in the 50 year history of the program is mildly impressive.

The crying on national tv must be it.....I think i'm gonna go throw up....

While it's not a "coaching opening," I have to wonder if George O'Leary is going to feel some heat with the workout situations at UCF.

It certainly is casting a bad light on the University as a whole.

The whole coaching search at Auburn is becoming hilarious. If you get a chance, go read some of their posts, Spurrier, Pete Carrol, that Gill dude from Buffalo, Santa Claus, Lucifer, all have been interviewed, stay tuned....

Back
Top Bottom