| FTBL Coaching Changes

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Staff
Guys,

Now that the silly season for coaching is well underway, here are a couple of sites tracking who's out and who's in:

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/11065357

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/coaching_changes.html

COACHING CHANGES FOR 2009 SEASON

Auburn - Tommy Tuberville / ?
Bowling Green - Gregg Bandon / ?
Clemson - Tommy Bowden / Dabo Swinney
Eastern Michigan - Jeff Genyk / ?
Kansas State - Ron Prince / Bill Snyder
Miami-Ohio - Shane Montgomery / ?
Mississippi State - Sylvester Croom / ?
New Mexico - Rocky Long / ?
New Mexico State - Hal Mumme / ?
Purdue - Joe Tiller / Danny Hope
San Diego State - Chuck Long / ?
Syracuse - Greg Robinson / ?
Tennessee - Phillip Fulmer / Lane Kiffin
Toledo - Tom Amstutz / Tim Beckman
Utah State - Brent Guy / Gary Andersen
Washington - Tyrone Willingham / Steve Sarkisian
Wyoming - Joe Glenn / Dave Christensen

Has there been any talk out there of Tommy Bowden going to the Washington Huskies? I say he is the darkhorse surprise. I've seen mention of Pat Hill's name with this job. I think he could do well there, I think a lot of him as a coach. I wonder if he is about ready to move on from Fresno???

My crystal ball says Tennessee gets Lane Kiffin or Chris Petersen and Clemson gets Will Muschamp (or keeps Dabo if Clemson finishes out strong... beating USCe).

Porter said:
Has there been any talk out there of Tommy Bowden going to the Washington Huskies? I say he is the darkhorse surprise. I've seen mention of Pat Hill's name with this job. I think he could do well there, I think a lot of him as a coach. I wonder if he is about ready to move on from Fresno???

My crystal ball says Tennessee gets Lane Kiffin or Chris Petersen and Clemson gets Will Muschamp (or keeps Dabo if Clemson finishes out strong... beating USCe).

Pat Hill, with the exception of his NFL days, has bounced around the Mountain West/PAC 10 all of his collegiate career. I'd like to see him get a shot at Washington.

On that note, I've thought for a few years that someone was going to pluck Tedford from Cal and Hill end up getting that job.

Jim Mora Jr would have to get serious consideration for that job. Him saying he would leave the Atlanta Falcons for the Washington job was one of the things that got him fired.

RollTideRandy said:
Jim Mora Jr would have to get serious consideration for that job. Him saying he would leave the Atlanta Falcons for the Washington job was one of the things that got him fired.

I think he is coach-in-waiting for the Seahawks (in writing), otherwise, I'd agree.

You just know that with 2 of the 6 black head coaches being fired someone has to hire a black candidate.

That said, who are the maid guys?

Charlie Strong at Florida seems to be getting some love.

Brian Kelly, while not black, would be a good hire for anyone (Tennessee, Clemson, Washington, etc.) that could get him. Supposedly, Tennessee is seriously considering him.

I think Chris Petersen is the best option out there for these teams. If he ends up at Tennessee, I won't be happy. The only question mark with him would be recruiting. He could end up being another Fran if he can't bring in top notch Athletes.

Porter said:
RollTideRandy said:

I think he is coach-in-waiting for the Seahawks (in writing), otherwise, I'd agree.

Jim Mora Jr. was quoted on local radio saying he is not a candidate for the Huskies job. Lane Kiffin has been mentioned but all talk right now is "we need to go out and make a Nick Saban type hire".

As weird as it sounds, I'm getting that Tommy Bowden and Dabo (if he doesn't get the Clemson job himself)are going to Florida State and Jimbo Fisher will be cut loose. Now, I have heard two different variations of this which makes me somewhat suspicious, but both seem to have Jimbo out and Tommy in. I have a call in to a buddy that can confirm this, but he will not be able to investigate it until next week when he returns home. Once he lets me know, I will pass it along provided he doesn't mind.Take it for what it is worth, but there may be something to it.

RTR
BamaSon25

Guys my barner buddy emailed me and said that ctt should be fired soon. He also said muschump is wanting the barn job and look for ctt to clemson.I don't like this one bit. Not that I fear muschump but I want ears to take his lumps for at least 10 years or more.

Back
Top Bottom