| FTBL Coach Saban Show

Wiseace615

Verified Member
Okay, I haven't seen any posts about this yet, so if it has been posted forgive me. Did anyone catch the Nick Saban Show last night? The part I wanted to bring up was he stated what he thought was the turning point of the game. Now, bear in mind that I am paraphrasing, but it went something like this:

"The turning point for me was when the crowd booed over taking the field goal," he said with a rather large and knowing smile," We had plenty of time and we needed two scores. I mean, you play to win. You don't play to tie."

It was a simple statement, yet, even though it was about 4:45 this morning when I was watching it, it kind of made me want to run through my living room window and up-downs in the yard!;br ;br

ROLL TIDE!!!!

Were people booing cuz I was sitting sec c and couldn't hear any booing, but I did drink a lot of booze. :lol: I didn't even hear the MDB fire up Ramma Jamma until I hear I heard the crowd.

Go4Bama said:
Were people booing cuz I was sitting sec c and couldn't hear any booing, but I did drink a lot of booze. :lol: I didn't even hear the MDB fire up Ramma Jamma until I hear I heard the crowd.

I was sober and sitting in section C as well. I heard some booing, but it wasn't that loud. I was talking with a fella behind me and asks do you kick?....I said no, not with a kicker that is 5 out of 10. Tiffin comes out and makes the kick. I turn around and tell Sam, that's why I don't make 4 million dollars a year. :D
We have all heard of WWJD.

My new one at football games are NQS...Never Question Saban.

Yup, saw it last night. Was actually my first time getting to catch the show since I was thinking it was on Fox but it was on WBRC, NBC or some other local channel last night at 11 after the news. What time and channel do they usually schedule the show?

Anywho, yeah I remember that part of the interview. And he made a excellent point. People over at my house were kind of freaking out thinking "what are we doing?" but I told them we needed two scores to win. Saban said in the beginning when he came here(in so many words) that we go out to win, not go out to not lose. That mindset is what this program needed and I'm so glad we have him and the rest of the new staff on our side!

RTR It's a GREAT Monday :lol:

Go4Bama said:

We were in K and the booing was pretty loud, but I don't think people were seeing the big picture.

Yup, saw it last night. Was actually my first time getting to catch the show since I was thinking it was on Fox but it was on WBRC, NBC or some other local channel last night at 11 after the news. What time and channel do they usually schedule the show

I alway set the DVR for it :D . It comes on NBC (channel 5 on Charter) after the late news every Sunday.

Yeah most probably we're thinking we were slipping into more bad habits/poor coaching but that was clearly not the case. Also some people just don't understand the game of football until they see if thier team "won" or "lost". Anything outside of those two words and they get lost in the understanding of the game as a whole. I knew we probably wouldn't of had enough time for two chances at 2 TDs but had faith in ole Tiffin that he could "get 'er done". It was a beauty of a kick too! 8)

Thanks for the info on what channel and time. I have Charter as well (unfortunately :roll: :lol: ) so I set my box to remind me before it came on. Good to know though.

RTR

I also watched the Coach's show & felt VERY ashamed.
I was not at the stadium, but heard the boo's on TV.
But, if I'm honest with you, I didn't boo Coach, but I kept yelling at the TV " Coach, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??" "Take out John Parker!!"
I'm NOT proud of that & I will NOT be questioning Coach Saban again! :oops:

Back
Top Bottom