| FTBL CNS on last years team, the post-season and UgA

18Champs

“First of all, we had a young team last year. So we didn't have the same kind of maturity and leadership that we had the year before we won the championship. And when we lost the game to Texas A&M, I think that really helped the team mature. I think they responded a little better to the things that they needed to do. But you know, when we got down to the end, we actually, you always want to have guys at the skill positions on offense that the other people have trouble guarding and then you always want to have two corners that can guard their guys. Unfortunately for us, at the end of the season, we lost both corners, we lost our two best wide receivers, Metchie and Jamo. And that kind of changed the game for us and I think it changed the game in the national championship game, too.

“Look, Georgia had a great team, they had a great defensive team. Kirby (Smart) does a great job there. You know, we had success against them in the SEC championship, but we didn't really have the same team when played and it changed the dynamics of the game tremendously. So I think that there's always sort of a lot of lessons that you can learn to use to develop your team from a loss and I think that's something that hopefully will be able to help this year's team's development.”

“First of all, we had a young team last year. So we didn't have the same kind of maturity and leadership that we had the year before we won the championship. And when we lost the game to Texas A&M, I think that really helped the team mature. I think they responded a little better to the things that they needed to do. But you know, when we got down to the end, we actually, you always want to have guys at the skill positions on offense that the other people have trouble guarding and then you always want to have two corners that can guard their guys. Unfortunately for us, at the end of the season, we lost both corners, we lost our two best wide receivers, Metchie and Jamo. And that kind of changed the game for us and I think it changed the game in the national championship game, too.

“Look, Georgia had a great team, they had a great defensive team. Kirby (Smart) does a great job there. You know, we had success against them in the SEC championship, but we didn't really have the same team when played and it changed the dynamics of the game tremendously. So I think that there's always sort of a lot of lessons that you can learn to use to develop your team from a loss and I think that's something that hopefully will be able to help this year's team's development.”
Message to the younger (back-up) players. I don't think CNS will tolerate a lack of focus or malcontents this season.

Just wanted to post this so people can stop thinking I was just sour grapes and "If Colt hadn't gotten hurt" commenting.

I believe there is legitimacy in this based on what Bama did in the SEC championship. The fact they met in the SEC championship game and Bama thrashed Ga also separates it from the "if Colt hadn't gotten hurt" scenario.

Agreed with all that!

This may also help the argument/idea that it's important to get guys live bullets earlier in the season when possible. Fine line between developing chemistry, consistency, sustainability, and conditioning while still creating experienced depth that can be comfortable when called upon. No right answer, but I wonder if it has changed CNS' outlook on generating more opportunities for the backups.

Back
Top Bottom