| FTBL C'mon Kentucky!!!!!

Birdman37 said:
was it just me or did that piece of crap Les Miles run off the field without shaking Rich Brooks' hand? smh

Yeah I saw that. When the cups and bottles came flying in the endzone the state trooper ran over to Les and said, here''s the exit you "have" to take or you won't make it out of here alive :D

In the words of the Governator:

"Follow me if you want to live"

BAMA JAMMA said:
Birdman37 said:
was it just me or did that piece of crap Les Miles run off the field without shaking Rich Brooks' hand? smh

Yeah I saw that. When the cups and bottles came flying in the endzone the state trooper ran over to Les and said, here''s the exit you "have" to take or you won't make it out of here alive :D

In the words of the Governator:

"Follow me if you want to live"

ok so the trooper told him to leave, i thought he was just bitter about loosing and didnt want to shake brooks' hand.

I don't blame Les for running for his life. By the time he got off the field half of the state of Kentucky was on the field. Speaking of which, doesn't that mean that Kentucky gets fined another 25 grand by the SEC?

GoodScotch said:
He actually arranged a meeting afterwards through the SIDs to congratulate Brooks. Pat Forde mentions it in his column.

Les is AWESOME!

Spurrier DOMINATED that same Kentucky team with much less talent. There is no excuse for Les with the talent he has not to beat Kentucky, period!

bamafan4ever said:
GoodScotch said:
He actually arranged a meeting afterwards through the SIDs to congratulate Brooks. Pat Forde mentions it in his column.

Les is AWESOME!

Spurrier DOMINATED that same Kentucky team with much less talent. There is no excuse for Les with the talent he has not to beat Kentucky, period!
Maybe he prepared them team to play roundball since it was "only Kentucky" :shock:

Atlanta_Tider said:
bamafan4ever said:
GoodScotch said:

Les is AWESOME!

Maybe he prepared them team to play roundball since it was "only Kentucky" :shock:

I am not taking anything away from the Mildcats this year because I think Rich Brooks inherited just about as bad of a mess as Shula and has done a great job with that program, no doubt, but Brooks owned Les Miles yesterday.

I don't think Les Miles is in the top half of coaches in this league. I don't think Urban Meyer, Mark Richt,Nutt, Wingnut, Steve Spurrier, Phat, Coach Saban and possibly Bobby Johnson lose a game with that LSU team this year. He may be the next greatest "waster" of talent in the SEC.

bamafan4ever said:
Atlanta_Tider said:
bamafan4ever said:
GoodScotch said:

Les is AWESOME!

I am not taking anything away from the Mildcats this year because I think Rich Brooks inherited just about as bad of a mess as Shula and has done a great job with that program, no doubt, but Brooks owned Les Miles yesterday.

I don't think Les Miles is in the top half of coaches in this league. I don't think Urban Meyer, Mark Richt,Nutt, Wingnut, Steve Spurrier, Phat, Coach Saban and possibly Bobby Johnson lose a game with that LSU team this year. He may be the next greatest "waster" of talent in the SEC.

'Nuff said. You are dead on.

But I also believe LSU's secondary is overrated. And their OL pass protection ain't the best in the world. I'm telling you, Tulane's defense dominated them for a half and had Flynn on his heels that's for sure. 4 sacks, 10 hits, and an intentional grounding in the endzone.

It would not surprise me if LSU don't drop two more games this season. Their weaknesses have really been exposed by Tulane, Florida, and Kentucky.

They better plan on making Perriloux more two-dimensional when he comes in because Flynn can't cut it when the heat's on. Perriloux may have thrown 5 passes all season, so when he comes in, it don't take a smart defensive coordinator to know what he is gonna do.

Reality check is just now starting for the ever-so-delusional LSU fans.

Anybody else catch Less'es postgame comments about having to play another d*** team next week. He shows a lot of class behind the mic, doesn't he?. Isn't he the same person that called UA, f*****G Alabama?

I can expect that language in the locker room but not in front of the media. 'Bout par for ol' Less.

I was pulling for LSU simply because it would give an SEC team a chance at the national championship. Now it most likely will not happen. :( Oh well, it's like they said when Saban came to BAMA, "Congratulations, SEC, you just screwed yourself out of national championships". I definitely agree. The SEC is definitely interesting. From week to week, you just never know what's going to happen. I'm glad Kentucky is competitive again, but I hate that we don't have an SEC at the top of the charts. Hopefully the other undefeated teams will lose a game as well and make it an even playing field again.

BamaBrooke said:
I was pulling for LSU simply because it would give an SEC team a chance at the national championship. Now it most likely will not happen. :( Oh well, it's like they said when Saban came to BAMA, "Congratulations, SEC, you just screwed yourself out of national championships". I definitely agree. The SEC is definitely interesting. From week to week, you just never know what's going to happen. I'm glad Kentucky is competitive again, but I hate that we don't have an SEC at the top of the charts. Hopefully the other undefeated teams will lose a game as well and make it an even playing field again.

They were right, the SEC is designed to give its team at least one loss. Pretend LSU did win at UK. All it earned was a road game to Alabama, a date with Auburn's defense, and games against two other decent teams: Arkansas and Ole Miss. If somehow it survived that intact (even if it did manage to win out, I'm sure it would gain a few a injuries) all it gets as a reward is another date with Kentucky, USC, or UF.

I'm sure Ohio State can relate though, they haven't played but one ranked team all year (a much overrated Purdue) and their hardest game on the slate is a date with Michigan (the same team which lost to a D-II school and got thrashed by probably the 3rd best team in the PAC-10).

This my friends is why we need a playoff. However, everyone else is against that (with exception of perhaps the Big 12 South) because it ensures that the SEC would dominate the new system.

BamaBrooke said:

Brooke, to be honest with you, I do not believe there will be an undefeated team (with maybe the exception of USF only because of the its weak remaining schedule) left standing. If you look at the polls, which were released today, LSU still has a shot, provided they win out. They are still in the top 5 and I see three teams above them picking up at least one loss.

When it comes to backing the other SEC schools, I'm just not so supportive about having one of them win the NC. It is a very effective recruiting tool, and I don't want recruits who are considering coming to Bama decide against it because LSU or any other SEC team ends up the current NC, and the impressionable youngsters believe everything is in place for it to happen again the very next season.

Back
Top Bottom