| FTBL Clemson's Brent Venables highest paid assistant coach at 2.5 million

Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables got a five-year contract extension that bumps his annual salary up to $2.5 million, the highest for a college football assistant.

The school’s board of trustees approved the deal Wednesday. Venables will get a $100,000 raise as part of the deal.

Venables, 50, has been in charge of Clemson’s defense since 2012.

He's never gonna leave Clemson.
Neither will Dabo even though I know quite a few of my fellow Tide fans think/hope he will. So, in my opinion, there won’t be a mama called story with Dabo and Bama. And to be perfectly honest I’m not upset about that at all. I’m hoping Saban finds a gem that he can keep who will step in and replace him when it’s time.

Neither will Dabo even though I know quite a few of my fellow Tide fans think/hope he will. So, in my opinion, there won’t be a mama called story with Dabo and Bama. And to be perfectly honest I’m not upset about that at all. I’m hoping Saban finds a gem that he can keep who will step in and replace him when it’s time.
When the time comes, Alabama is not going to be looking for a coach to be paid more than Saban (which is what it would take to get Dabo out of Clemson).

Whomever takes over for Nick is in a world of shite.

I have no problem with Dabo getting the 1st call.

He fights for too much recognition and takes offense to everything, so I'm not in that crowd that wants Dabo. I get he brought Clemson up from not much and is fighting for his team, but he's always got some quip that makes him look goofy or some excuse. I wouldn't mind a young guy like Matt Campbell to come in with some youth and desire. If he can win at Iowa State, he can win at Alabama.

When the time comes, Alabama is not going to be looking for a coach to be paid more than Saban (which is what it would take to get Dabo out of Clemson).
Dabo would be a fool to leave Clemson. He can make the same kind of money, recruit the same kind of players, actually keep his staff intact and play a cupcake schedule without the pressure of being Bama’s HC. Dabo’s a lot things but he’s no fool … he won’t leave Clemson for more money. If money becomes an issue, he’ll just get them to match the offer.

Neither of those have won 6 NC in these past 12 years...while the expectations at those two are high they don't reach those that will be expected of the next guy with the whistle.

That kind of success has happened twice, both at Alabama, and twice in 150 years, so finding anyone close to that will be near impossible. The Oklahoma and Ohio State methods will have to suffice to say the least.

You and me both

Back
Top Bottom