| FTBL Chris Jordan

BOL has a teaser up saying that Chris is reporting his weight at 220 lbs. Sounds like this guy's planning on coming in ready to contribute from the get-go. It was general opinion by most that CJ could play on either side of the ball...I'm starting to think that he will ATLEAST start at LB because of a combination of his size and because of need. He also comes from one of the premier private schools around Nashville and seems to be a very smart kid, which is important in picking up Saban's complex defense, quickly.

BamaFan615 said:
BOL has a teaser up saying that Chris is reporting his weight at 220 lbs. Sounds like this guy's planning on coming in ready to contribute from the get-go. It was general opinion by most that CJ could play on either side of the ball...I'm starting to think that he will ATLEAST start at LB because of a combination of his size and because of need. He also comes from one of the premier private schools around Nashville and seems to be a very smart kid, which is important in picking up Saban's complex defense, quickly.
.+

Traditionally, Saban has moved players from offense to defense more than the other way around.

That said...

Chris said he has more of a passion for the RB position than he does for the LB position. Ultimately, he said he would do what Saban asks him to do. I expect him to start off at RB then as he grows find himself end up playing LB by his 2nd or 3rd year.

He's a bruiser, no doubt. That RB position (one that can go between the tackles yet cut to the outside) I think will end up being Mark Ingram's position to lose.

FWIW, Chris said he is trying to report in the fall at 215lb.

Terry's been real big on Mark Ingram since we signed him, so he may feel differently than I do on this. But I think he will likely get a RS. Terry's certainly more in the know than I, but I think we have a solid group of RB's. Unless he is used on special teams, I assume he will get a RS.

BamaFan615 said:
Terry's been real big on Mark Ingram since we signed him, so he may feel differently than I do on this. But I think he will likely get a RS. Terry's certainly more in the know than I, but I think we have a solid group of RB's. Unless he is used on special teams, I assume he will get a RS.

I really like Ingram too. He's got the combo of size, power and speed that coaches drool over.

weezyfbaby00 said:
Do you think Mark Ingram will get a RS?

Here's how I look a it.

Upchurch comes in around 190-195.
Coffee a little heavier, but still less than 200.
Grant is 190-195 like Upchurch.

Ingram runs about the same size as both of those but is a step quicker running a true sub 4.5 40. He's been running between the tackles and that is something neither of those three can say they've done well.

Jordan, on the other hand, looks to come in around 215 and all of his offers were to play LB'er except for ours. We've talked to him about playing LB, but have also agreed to give him a shot at RB.

When I look at all of them (minus Jordan) Ingram just looks like a truck.

Will he red-shirt? I don't think so. Biggest reason is I don't see all of the first three going through the year without one of them getting banged up again. None of them are those 25 yards a game carries type of RB's.

If he 'shirts, Great!!! I can't wait to see him on the field in either way.

Back
Top Bottom