| RECRUIT Alabama's class already ranked #1 in the country

Alabama’s Class of 2019 already ranked No. 1 in the Nation
Kyle Henderson • BamaInsider.com@Rivals_Kyle

On Friday, Alabama landed 6-foot-4, 285 pound
Antonio Alfano
, a Rivals.com Four-star out of Colonia, New Jersey. The third defensive linemen to commit to Alabama in the Class of 2019 and shortly after the Alfano pledged to The Tide, Alabama’s recruiting team ranking moved ahead of Oklahoma for the number one spot in the Nation.
The Class of 2019 is straight stacked and while there are 13 early commitments, Alabama has plenty of room to add more high profile targets.
Defensive Line Commitments

yiolley2q3zyjxc2ph3v

6'4" | 285 LBS | DT
COLONIA
COLONIA, NJ
CLASS OF 2019
VERBAL COMMIT5/18/2018ALABAMA
As mentioned Antonio Alfano committed on Friday. Speaking with our recruiting analyst Andrew Bone and hearing from the Rivals.com national staff, Alfano is a very athletic 285 pounds and a prospect that could play either defensive end or defensive tackle at the next level.
"Alabama is a great school," Alfano told Rivals.com. "I like the brotherhood there. It's a like a fraternity with all the players. Alabama is Alabama. They're good year in and year out. They develop players really well there, and my dad and I enjoyed our time there.”
East Coast recruiting analyst Adam Friedman spoke very highly of Alfano,
“He is a super athletic player there is very strong and bullies players. His technique needs work, but overall this is a defensive lineman that should have success as long as he can stay focused on the game and give consistent effort.”

m0tonsurpmrzrmw2s7gd

6'3" | 320 LBS | DT
CLAY
PINSON, AL
CLASS OF 2019
VERBAL COMMIT5/2/2018ALABAMA
Alabama also picked up a commitment in 6-foot-3, 320 pound
DJ Dale
out of Pinson, Alabama. Dale is a Rivals.com three-star, but has a dominating highlight film and has a surprisingly good movement for weighing three bills.
Rivals National Recruiting Director Mike Farrell on Dale, “Big run stuffing defensive tackle with a very strong at the point of attack and has some athleticism to him. Not an elite pass rusher but can push the pocket and run some plays down in the run game. Holds up blockers and frees up teammates very well for the most part.”

dohan9aauzw0inpoqgti

6'3" | 263 LBS | SDE
CEDAR GROVE
ELLENWOOD, GA
CLASS OF 2019
VERBAL COMMIT4/5/2018ALABAMA
Rashad Cheney
committed to Alabama on April 5 and is another very large man at 6-foot-3, 265 pounds out of Ellenwood, Georgia. Cheney is a Rivals.com Four-star prospect and ranked as the number 33 player from the Peach State.
Southeast recruiting analyst Chad Simmons on Cheney, "Cheney is a defensive lineman who can be moved around up front. He looks like an ideal fit at the five-technique, but as he develops physically, he could add a quick three-technique defensive tackle on the interior. He moves well for his size and he has good agility. He doesn't have elite size, but he plays hard, he can get up the field and he is a very hard worker.”
Linebacker Commitments

udru5yuj7enhifrn1ekw

6'4" | 218 LBS | WDE
GRAYSON
LOGANVILLE, GA
CLASS OF 2019
VERBAL COMMIT5/1/2018ALABAMA
Everyone on the recruiting beat is really high on
Kevin Harris
out of Loganville, Georgia. A Rivals.com Four-star that is listed at 6-foot-4, 218 pounds. While Alabama is currently stacked at the position of outside linebackers, a player like Harris will be a player that can step in quickly and maybe even contribute as a true freshman.
National recruiting director Mike Farrell on Harris, “High energy kid who has a non-stop motor. Needs to fill out but is angular and can get skinny and has excellent bend around the corner. Very quick first step. Will be an excellent pass rusher and could be a hybrid guy.”

mycuf3dzop1kd5naevjc

6'4" | 220 LBS | OLB
TROUP
LAGRANGE, GA
CLASS OF 2019
VERBAL COMMIT12/15/2017ALABAMA
King Mwikuta
out of Lagrange, Georgia is another big time commitment. A Rivals.com Four-star, Mwikuta at 6-foot-4, 220 pounds is ranked as the number 10 overall player from Georgia and was quick to commit to The Tide committing way back in December of 2017.
"My mind has been made up since the summer of 2017 — maybe even before that," said Mwikuta. "I did want to take my time, visit other schools and all that, but I have known for a while that I wanted to commit to Alabama.

stuccklsrw2sj2qdzwyb

6'0" | 235 LBS | ILB
ST. FRANCES
BALTIMORE, MD
CLASS OF 2019
VERBAL COMMIT4/17/2018ALABAMA
Alabama continues to tap into that Maryland pipeline and landed
Shane Lee
a 6-foot-0, 225 pound inside linebacker out of St. Francis High School, the same high school that Eyabi Anoma (Class of 2018) went to. Lee is ranked as the number one overall player in Maryland and has a similar physic to Alabama linebacker Dylan Moses, he’s shredded.
Secondary Commitments

zdicdkce4kqh5sfxzbbp

6'1" | 175 LBS | CB
DAPHNE
DAPHNE, AL
CLASS OF 2019
VERBAL COMMIT4/16/2018ALABAMA
Christian Williams
out of Daphne, Alabama committed to Alabama on April 16 and is rated as a Rivals.com Four-star and as the number five overall player in the State. At 6-foot-1 and 175 pounds Williams projects as a corner at the next level. Chad Simmons on Williams, “Alabama is getting a cornerback with length, quickness, athleticism and true upside. You see his quickness and speed instantly when watching his tape because he was asked to play a lot of wide receiver last year due to team needs. His ball skills are strong and he is not scared to stick his hat in there against the run or if he's asked to blitz off the corner.”

qeqmm6c9imsg5qtqzrxa

6'1" | 185 LBS | CB
LAFAYETTE
OXFORD, MS
CLASS OF 2019
VERBAL COMMIT12/22/2017ALABAMA
Brandon Turnage
out of Oxford, Mississippi committed to Alabama on December 22 of 2017, but the Rivals.com Four-star is not expected to sign with Alabama, well at least that is the summer rumor, but we continue to hear that Turnage at some point will de-commit from Alabama, so expect Alabama to hard press more defensive backs over the summer.
Quarterback Commitments

yvv0d7zdbwvumyz8g7cm

6'4" | 210 LBS | PRO QB
HEWITT TRUSSVILLE
TRUSSVILLE, AL
CLASS OF 2019
VERBAL COMMIT4/5/2018ALABAMA

Alabama has two big-time quarterback commitments.
Paul Tyson
, the great-grandson of Bear Bryant and
Taulia Tagovailoa
, the brother of Tua each committed this spring after Alabama did not sign a quarterback in the Class of 2018. Tyson is a 6-foot-4, 210-pound pro-style quarterback ranked as the number 10 player in the State while Tagovailoa is listed at 6-foot-0, 190 pounds and ranked as the number 11 player in the State. Each quarterback is a Rivals.com Four-stars and each has been invited to participate in the Elite 11 Finals this summer.
“Coach Key, Coach Enos, and Coach Saban wanted me to go ahead and commit," Tyson said. "They were ready for me to become the leader of the class and get other recruits in here. They are ready to be on top again and have the No. 1 class in the country.”

rovpa0ghzgc4ypbr0ihn

6'0" | 190 LBS | DUAL QB
THOMPSON
ALABASTER, AL
CLASS OF 2019
VERBAL COMMIT4/21/2018ALABAMA
Tagovailoa has no issue with Alabama taking two quarterbacks, "Coach Saban told me early on they planned on taking two quarterbacks in this class. It's all good. This was all God's timing. It's his plan. It was his plan for Tua, and now it's His plan for me."
Running Backs

tyt1m62bf46yfgt7qqub

6'1" | 205 LBS | RB
IMG ACADEMY
BRADENTON, FL
CLASS OF 2019
UNDECIDED
Alabama has not landed a commitment at the running back position.
Trey Sanders
a Rivals.com Five-star was committed to the Crimson Tide, but de-committed from Alabama on January 1. In speaking with Andrew Bone, our recruiting analyst, Sanders is still a high priority for the Crimson Tide and just recently, Offensive Coordinator Mike Locksley was down in Florida to continue to recruit Sanders, one of the most coveted players in the Nation and ranked as the number one player in the State of Florida.Receiver Commitments

lrrgoef2f15cknvslnu0

6'2" | 205 LBS | WR
AMITE
AMITE, LA
CLASS OF 2019
UNDECIDED
No commitments as of now at the receiver and tight end position. Alabama is targeting Four-star
Devonta Lee
out of Louisiana and Four-star
Milton Wright
out of Kentucky. Lee is talented enough to play both receiver and defensive back. “I know Bama puts out NFL talent every year, but playing on that defense is amazing. They win championships almost every year. Why wouldn’t I want to play for a defensive coach like that?” Wright is a big receiver at 6-foot-3, 190 pounds and Nick Saban recently reached out to him during the NFL Draft. "Offensive Linemen Commitments

fzqfea681arlhxxgfgpf

6'5" | 270 LBS | OT
HEWITT TRUSSVILLE
TRUSSVILLE, AL
CLASS OF 2019
VERBAL COMMIT4/22/2017ALABAMA
Pierce Quick
was the first to jump onto the Class of 2019 committing way back on April 22 of 2017. Quick is a 6-foot-5, 270-pound lineman out of Trussville, Alabama that is a Rivals.com Four-star.
"I just decided I've seen all the schools I wanted to see," Quick said. "I am going to try to recruit other guys now to join us. It definitely feels like a weight lifted off my shoulders. A lot of schools were still recruiting me. I told them all I am shutting it down. I am going to Alabama."

mprdcrlfpidtydw0vdr1

6'6" | 300 LBS | OT
THOMPSON
MAYLENE, AL
CLASS OF 2019
VERBAL COMMIT4/29/2018ALABAMA
Amari Kight
at 6-foot-6, 300 pounds committed to Alabama on April 29 of this year and is a Four-star out of Maylene, Alabama. Picking up Kight should provide Alabama with a very capable offensive tackle in the future.
Southeast recruiting analyst Chad Simmons on Kight, “He has left tackle written all over him and he has a very high ceiling as he continues to grow physically and fundamentally.”

vn7ziqmfvr2nemdtqlil

6'5" | 270 LBS | OT
GLASGOW
GLASGOW, KY
CLASS OF 2019
VERBAL COMMIT4/22/2018ALABAMA

Tanner Bowles
is a 6-foot-5, 270-pound offensive tackle out of Glasgow, Kentucky and committed to Alabama on April 22. Bowles is only a three star, but Alabama coaches really like him as a player.
"I love Coach Key," Bowles said. "He's the type that's not going to be easy. He is going to get you better. He knows how to get the best potential out of his players."
By The Numbers
3 - Defensive Linemen
2 - Outside Linebackers
1 - Inside Linebacker
2 - Defensive Backs
3 - Offensive Linemen
2 - Quarterbacks
0 - Running Backs
0 - Receivers
13 - Total Commits as of May 19
0 - Zero Five Star Commits
11 - Four Star Commitments
2 - Three Star Commitments
Note: Sane Lee is Alabama’s highest-rated commitment
BamaInsider.com - Alabama’s Class of 2019 already ranked No. 1 in the Nation

Checking out some of the dudes

Shane Lee - Can't help but make the SDH comparison because he's shorter than our typical LB's. Seems to move well though and has some pop. Don't see him getting that 5* bump simply because of his measurables... Size & length aren't in that elite category.

Kevin Harris / King M - I like Harris a little more... Even though he's lighter, he's super physical and more explosive. On the other hand King may have more upside if/when he fills out and could be more of an every down guy. I just think Harris has a chance to be more of an elite pass rusher... Game changer!

Nathan Pickering - Would be a sweet pick up. Awesome speed for a DL that size and could certainly add some lbs and still move well. Kinda funny game tape though because he lines up with his ass straight up in the air... lol. Hope we get him, need to keep the DLs coming this class.

Daxton Hill - GEEZUS. Yes please. That guy has incredible speed and his change of speed and direction out of his breaks are amazing. Pick 6 waiting to happen... Would love to see him in Crimson.

Back
Top Bottom