| FTBL Changes in lattitude,changes in attitude

ORANGEADDICT

Verified Member
So i am wondering if the change of the head coaching position will change your opinion on the Vols, it seems that alot of the animosity is derived from Fulmer's involvement with that scanal. I am hoping that we will be able to have the once great rivalry again what do you guys think??

ORANGEADDICT said:
So i am wondering if the change of the head coaching position will change your opinion on the Vols, it seems that alot of the animosity is derived from Fulmer's involvement with that scanal. I am hoping that we will be able to have the once great rivalry again what do you guys think??

To receive forgiveness, one must first confess their transgression and actually ask for forgiveness.

To seek reconciliation means that you must seek to make whole the aggrieved party.

Fulmer was not the only entity that participated in and benefited from his actions. The University of Tennessee itself was just as culpable. The fans of that university participated and regaled in the deceit he led.

When The University of Tennessee openly and publically acknowledges the full extent of its involvement and publically seeks reconciliation then I will gladly give it.

Until then, not so much.

Just pretending nothing ever happened is denial, not reconciliation.

I've never hated Tennessee. I like their fight song and I pulled for them in bowl games. I just couldn't like them after Fat Phil did what he did. Now I can pull for them again.

OA...good question.

I had gotten over my hatred for Fulmer once we won. You have to admit there is a lot of hate on the UT side towards us as well. My biggest beef with Fulmer was the fact that he acted like UT was squeekly clean and the shining beacon on the hill. Meanwhile the year after we get nailed, the Tee Martin crap comes out and the NCAA does nothing. That is too much IMO. Also when you go back and read through you find where we were set up by our very own commissioner the illustrious Roy Kramer (UT alum) during the Albert Means deal. UK,UA,UT,and UG were all recruiting Means. We were the only school not told to back off because the NCAA was watching it closely. Whether or not Fulmer was the mastermind behind it or if he was just a part of it.....no one really know. Either way I would love to see this rivalry back to being a tough game that is built on respect for your opponent.

I'll admit I despised Fulmer, but he was kickin' Bama and everybody elses tail pretty regular in his career without lowering himself to secret witness status. During the 80's when Bama had their streak against UT I'm sure all the Bama fans felt like the UT fans did in the 90's. "Why do you hate us, we respect you....so long as we win". I'm sure as time goes on this will be the rivalry that it once was. I just don't understand fans, from any school in the SEC, being so stupid. At every game I tell the opposing fans around us that I hope they had a good time and for them to be careful and have a safe trip going home. Guess time will only tell.

BTW are you in Alabama?

ORANGEADDICT said:

For sure. I actually liked UT and Fulmer before the whole witness thing. After Fulmer is gone, ill pull for the Vols.

I will still hate them, but now that Fulmer is gone I can bring myself to pull for them against teams that aren't Alabama, and especially in non-conference and bowl games.

I believe with the rotund one now departing it will make it easier to pull for them in out of conference games and bowl games.I hate the Barn the most with LSWho right behind. I guess now UT can drop to 3.

rammerjammer said:
OA...good question.

I had gotten over my hatred for Fulmer once we won. You have to admit there is a lot of hate on the UT side towards us as well. My biggest beef with Fulmer was the fact that he acted like UT was squeekly clean and the shining beacon on the hill. Meanwhile the year after we get nailed, the Tee Martin crap comes out and the NCAA does nothing. That is too much IMO. Also when you go back and read through you find where we were set up by our very own commissioner the illustrious Roy Kramer (UT alum) during the Albert Means deal. UK,UA,UT,and UG were all recruiting Means. We were the only school not told to back off because the NCAA was watching it closely. Whether or not Fulmer was the mastermind behind it or if he was just a part of it.....no one really know. Either way I would love to see this rivalry back to being a tough game that is built on respect for your opponent.

I'll admit I despised Fulmer, but he was kickin' Bama and everybody elses tail pretty regular in his career without lowering himself to secret witness status. During the 80's when Bama had their streak against UT I'm sure all the Bama fans felt like the UT fans did in the 90's. "Why do you hate us, we respect you....so long as we win". I'm sure as time goes on this will be the rivalry that it once was. I just don't understand fans, from any school in the SEC, being so stupid. At every game I tell the opposing fans around us that I hope they had a good time and for them to be careful and have a safe trip going home. Guess time will only tell.

BTW are you in Alabama?

I like your answer, and no i am in bulldog hell...brunswick ga..I was stationed in Mobile the last 4 years and will be moving back there with my new bama wife as soon as my enlistment is up.As usual I will be the lonley tennessee fan in the sea of another color.
I am glad to hear the rivalry may be able to get back to what it was in the past.

As for me?

Let's wait and see who it is you hire. :D

I'm glad he's no longer in the conference. If one thing is for sure it will be more about beating UT than seeing Fulmer crash and burn. Although, I've enjoyed that aspect of his coaching tenure this decade. He's perfected it to a science.

i was born and raised in tn., lived my whole life in tn. i think i would pull for the vols if they were playing the towel heads.
i guess it is like my bama brothers and sisters in alabama's hate of the barn.
orange you seem like a nice guy and since you have bama family why don't you defect? :lol: i will counsel you if need be!

steelmagnolia said:
i was born and raised in tn., lived my whole life in tn. i think i would pull for the vols if they were playing the towel heads.
i guess it is like my bama brothers and sisters in alabama's hate of the barn.
orange you seem like a nice guy and since you have bama family why don't you defect? :lol: i will counsel you if need be!

My three bama brother in laws try all the time.

Back
Top Bottom