| FTBL castille arrest report link

DustyG said:
Actually, I believe the officer would argue that Castille violated parts 1, 2, 3, and 5. Understand that I am playing "Devil's Advocate" and would not have made the same arrest in this officer's shoes, just pointing out that by what is in the police report (which is only one side of the story) the arrest was legit.
I agree. Regardless if a Bama player is involved or not, I don't want to hear screaming obscenities in public. SC should have known better. There is an image to maintain while playing at the Capstone, not to mention the one his father is known for.

This is something that the team did not need two weeks before their first game. Looking at this report, it is nothing serious by all means but troubling none the less. Lets hope Slim learns a lesson from this. I feel for Jeremiah Castille. You know this is causing him some grief.

I don't know how I would of handled this, but being the biased Bama fan that I am I would of told him to go home before he got into trouble. This officer chose not to. Fact is, Simeon has to realize that he needs to be accountable for his own actions. Standing in the middle of the road cussing for everyone to hear is not good practice. Knowing well that there are people watching. I hope he understands that his image, actions and schooling are just as important as his abilities on the field.

Hopefully he has learned his lesson. :?

I must say the arrest looks good to me. Not all officers would have made an arrest in that situation but, I don't see anything wrong with the case. The rest will be handled in court.

Porterhouse said:
crmstider said:
thanks for direct link porter.I wasn't sure if i would be breaking any rules by posting it or not.I have never been to jail.With all the horse playing i have done over the years though i am lucky to have not gotten life.

Yeah, if they use that standard on all of us, 50% of our fans will be booked on gameday. I think the officer did the right thing by responding to the "incident", but then obviously took things a little too far. An arrest was completely uncalled for.

50%? You are too generous Porter. :wink:

I've seen much worse activity on the quad, in bars, and outside of bars than that. But, while I have seen worse, if I was an officer and I saw what he saw (according to the police report), I can't say that I wouldn't have did the same thing. Then again, it seems as if it was very obvious to everyone at the scene (besides the officer) that it was a big misunderstanding. :?

ROLL TIDE FOREVER AMEN said:
Hold the phone,

Can someone tell me why the date on the bottom of the FAX is from 7+ years ago and no signature by any officer.

3-09-2000 at 8:54 PM from WBRC fox 6 news. WTH?

http://tellfox.com/gda/Castillereport.pdf

Yes, no sig. but the date from 2000 is the date of the fax transmit. It means nothing. Some people forget to change it when the power goes out and that could be the default year. No biggie.

Re: I'm going to jail too.

LBS said:
If the driver of the SUV is not tracked down and arrested for stopping traffic, because the SUV was what actually blocked traffic, then SC was not arrested for his part in stopping traffic.

If SC became compliant, polite even, immediately upon becoming aware of the protest of the officer, then it was not his behavior after the officer stepped in that warranted the arrest.

Then SC was arrested for what is left (i.e being loud, and using profanity).

Heaven help us. "RAMMA JAMMA YELLA HAMMA GIVE HELL ALABAMA!" is an arrestable offense in Tuscaloosa.

Awesome post. I agree 100%.

RollTideinGA said:
ROLL TIDE FOREVER AMEN said:
Hold the phone,

Can someone tell me why the date on the bottom of the FAX is from 7+ years ago and no signature by any officer.

3-09-2000 at 8:54 PM from WBRC fox 6 news. WTH?

http://tellfox.com/gda/Castillereport.pdf

Yes, no sig. but the date from 2000 is the date of the fax transmit. It means nothing. Some people forget to change it when the power goes out and that could be the default year. No biggie.

Either that or it's a "magic" fax machine capable of predicting the future, but not revealing it until after the fact.

reger60 said:
Either that or it's a "magic" fax machine capable of predicting the future, but not revealing it until after the fact.

flux1.jpg

Well what SC was doing in fact was considered disorderly conduct, but as someone else said half the fans will be going to jail on game day. After speaking to a few friends that work for TPD they have told me this officer does in fact have a chip on his shoulder and is not a favorite there. Sounds like one of the ones that gives us bad names to put on that uniform. I'm not saying that this is true about the guy because I don't know him personally, I can only go by what I'm told from friends there.

If it would have been me in that officers position there is no way SC would have been going to jail, or anyone in his place as long as they calmed down like SC and was not acting aggressive or being an A-hole. He could have easily told them to calm down and gave them all a warning and next time they act up they all will go to jail. From reading the report this officer was being a total a$$. Unfortunately I work with a couple of officers that way that will not let anyone go and have still act like a rookie 5 years into it and it makes our whole dept. look bad.

As for his report, the officer should think about taking the report writing class over again, do a spell check. I thought some of our guys wrote bad reports, I was embarrassed for him after reading that. I know I sound like I'm coming down on him pretty hard and don't really mean to, (maybe a little) but some people get into this line of work for the wrong reasons and its an embarrassment to us all. Granted, SC was acting a fool and got busted for it, but thats no reason to put a charge on him when a simple warning would have done the trick. I imagine it would have with them anyway.

I don't know what my point was or if I even had one. So I'll end on that note. :D

Back
Top Bottom