| FTBL castille arrest report link

crmstider

Thread Starter
Verified Member
Sideline Club
thanks for direct link porter.I wasn't sure if i would be breaking any rules by posting it or not.I have never been to jail.With all the horse playing i have done over the years though i am lucky to have not gotten life.
 
I

imported_Porter

crmstider said:
thanks for direct link porter.I wasn't sure if i would be breaking any rules by posting it or not.I have never been to jail.With all the horse playing i have done over the years though i am lucky to have not gotten life.

Yeah, if they use that standard on all of us, 50% of our fans will be booked on gameday. I think the officer did the right thing by responding to the "incident", but then obviously took things a little too far. An arrest was completely uncalled for.
 
G

Guest

Does this cop suffer from amnesia? He sure did forget what was said by officers at several different occasions. This guy sounds like a power hungry prick to me.
 

crmstider

Thread Starter
Verified Member
Sideline Club
Yeah, if they use that standard on all of us, 50% of our fans will be booked on gameday. I think the officer did the right thing by responding to the "incident", but then obviously took things a little too far. An arrest was completely uncalled for.
My thoughts exactly
 
G

Guest

I'm still trying to figure out why none of his teammates didn't say anything to the police to let them know it was all just joking around. Seems to me that would have remedied the situation if they would have backed him up.
 
I

imported_Porter

Bama Bo said:
I'm still trying to figure out why none of his teammates didn't say anything to the police to let them know it was all just joking around. Seems to me that would have remedied the situation if they would have backed him up.

I'm sure they were being very careful with what they were doing so that they wouldn't end up in the back of the car with him. I can't blame them, it would have taken some maturity to sit there and not raise hell, but those guys were smart enough to see what was going on...
 

JoshB

Scholarship Club
Bama Bo said:
I'm still trying to figure out why none of his teammates didn't say anything to the police to let them know it was all just joking around. Seems to me that would have remedied the situation if they would have backed him up.

if u read it, it says that the guys in the SUV (im guessing Atoine Caldwell and others) approached the other officer and spoke to him and that there was other Alabama players trying to approach him but being held back by a cop. i mean if u got a guy saying "no i wasnt trying to fight. i was playing with some friends" y wouldnt u freakin ask the guys who obviously were not so afraid that they got out of the damn SUV and walked over there. i understand that he shouldnt have been cussing and stuff like that in the middle of everybody but come on. this arrest was completely uncalled for. i have MANY times acted the sameway towards friends acting like i was gonna kick their ass at the Texaco parking lot or whatever and cops usually dont pay u know mind. if they do its to see if ur really gonna fight or just playing and they leave. cop was just a jackass.
 
G

Guest

Guess Im in the minority here but sounds like a legit arrest to me. You put yourself in stupid situations and you earn the repercussions.
 

DustyG

Verified Member
Sideline Club
kayleighsdad said:
Am I the only one who doesn't understand why he was arrested?

That is a joke.

Here is the wording for Disorderly Conduct according to Alabama Title 13A

Section 13A-11-7
Disorderly conduct.

(a) A person commits the crime of disorderly conduct if, with intent to cause public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or recklessly creating a risk thereof, he:

(1) Engages in fighting or in violent tumultuous or threatening behavior; or

(2) Makes unreasonable noise; or

(3) In a public place uses abusive or obscene language or makes an obscene gesture; or

(4) Without lawful authority, disturbs any lawful assembly or meeting of persons; or

(5) Obstructs vehicular or pedestrian traffic, or a transportation facility; or

(6) Congregates with other person in a public place and refuses to comply with a lawful order of the police to disperse.

(b) Disorderly conduct is a Class C misdemeanor.
(Acts 1977, No. 607, p. 812, §5525.)


http://www.legislature.state.al.us/CodeofAlabama/1975/coatoc.htm
 
G

Guest

I'm going to jail too.

If the driver of the SUV is not tracked down and arrested for stopping traffic, because the SUV was what actually blocked traffic, then SC was not arrested for his part in stopping traffic.

If SC became compliant, polite even, immediately upon becoming aware of the protest of the officer, then it was not his behavior after the officer stepped in that warranted the arrest.

Then SC was arrested for what is left (i.e being loud, and using profanity).

Heaven help us. "RAMMA JAMMA YELLA HAMMA GIVE HELL ALABAMA!" is an arrestable offense in Tuscaloosa.
 
G

Guest

If what is stated in the police report is true, then he did have perfectly legal grounds to make an arrest on DOC. I've just always thought the police usually try to get the individual or individuals to move along first. Then if they don't comply, they make the arrest. It seems to me this dude just automatically went to arresting Simeon, and didn't bother to even ask questions of others involved. Seriously, wasn't the guys in the SUV just as guilty of disorderly conduct as Simeon since they could have just drove off?
 
I

imported_Porter

DustyG said:
kayleighsdad said:
Am I the only one who doesn't understand why he was arrested?

That is a joke.

Here is the wording for Disorderly Conduct according to Alabama Title 13A

Section 13A-11-7
Disorderly conduct.

(a) A person commits the crime of disorderly conduct if, with intent to cause public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or recklessly creating a risk thereof, he:

(1) Engages in fighting or in violent tumultuous or threatening behavior; or

(2) Makes unreasonable noise; or

(3) In a public place uses abusive or obscene language or makes an obscene gesture; or

(4) Without lawful authority, disturbs any lawful assembly or meeting of persons; or

(5) Obstructs vehicular or pedestrian traffic, or a transportation facility; or

(6) Congregates with other person in a public place and refuses to comply with a lawful order of the police to disperse.

(b) Disorderly conduct is a Class C misdemeanor.
(Acts 1977, No. 607, p. 812, §5525.)


http://www.legislature.state.al.us/CodeofAlabama/1975/coatoc.htm

Key word there is intent.
 

DustyG

Verified Member
Sideline Club
Actually, I believe the officer would argue that Castille violated parts 1, 2, 3, and 5. Understand that I am playing "Devil's Advocate" and would not have made the same arrest in this officer's shoes, just pointing out that by what is in the police report (which is only one side of the story) the arrest was legit.
 
Top Bottom