| NEWS Bryant-Denny Stadium renovation starts Monday: What you need to know- AL.com

Seriously? Sit in the west side for a 2:30 game.
Reminded me ...

Another bit mentioned last night was the possibility of the press boxes being "open air." I'd heard rumor of such but really paid no attention to it until this discussion started. I can imagine what that would be like on a 90+° day with no wind and those guys facing the sun for a CBS game...laptop keyboards ruined due to dripping sweat. Geez.

Reminded me ...

Another bit mentioned last night was the possibility of the press boxes being "open air." I'd heard rumor of such but really paid no attention to it until this discussion started. I can imagine what that would be like on a 90+° day with no wind and those guys facing the sun for a CBS game...laptop keyboards ruined due to dripping sweat. Geez.

I think most are open air press boxes, or at least windows that open and close. I'm sure they will at least have fans.

who gives a shit about the press and their bullshit? i say give them a tiny room and let them sort out who gets what seat.

the pressbox moving sides...that's just weird, to me.

Was it Coach Stallings who moved us back to the press box side so the sun wouldn’t be in the teams face? Seems like I remember that was the case.

Most of the Home games were still played at Legion Field under Stallings because we didn't have the seating capacity under Stallings. The East Upper Deck was added in 1998, and that was when we started getting out of the contract with Legion Field. I think the last game we played at Legion field was Shula's first year 2003. I said all that to say......Fran was the coach that put us back on the west side. I remember his Friday's with Fran website and him addressing the fact that we need every advantage we can get. Put the opponent in the sun and heat and have us in the shade. Bryant's reasoning was a good one at the time, but with all the games on TV now, and every angle known to man, it was making ourselves suffer for no reason.

Will the TV Broadcast guys be on the west side still, or will they move over with the rest of the press writers to the east side?

One thing is for sure, with all the beat writers sitting in the blazing hot sun, during all these day games........they will most assuredly be pissing and moaning about day games in their write ups now, if we have another season like this one.

Speaking of the media...…...The man says

1575246461528.png

Back
Top Bottom