| CURRENT EVENTS BREAKING: Conservative Titan Rush Limbaugh Has Died

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
BREAKING: Conservative Titan Rush Limbaugh Has Died

Talk radio giant Rush Limbaugh has passed away, his wife, Kathryn, announced on his show Wednesday morning.

POLL: What scares you the most?

Limbaugh, the leading voice of the conservative movement, succumbed to his battle with lung cancer at the age of 70 after getting his Stage 4 diagnosis in January 2020.

El Rushbo was a pioneer in the radio industry, leading the way to get conservative and Republican issues and voices heard around the nation. He worked around the liberal monolith of the broadcast networks and the stranglehold Democrats had on the public airways.

Limbaugh began his nationally syndicated "Rush Limbaugh Show" in 1988, and at that moment began to reshape the Republican Party and the conservative movement.

The launch of the show came the year after FCC repealed the Fairness Doctrine that required equal time for both sides of political arguments. The repeal gave Limbaugh the opportunity to make the conservative case on political issues without the fear of the federal government cracking down on him for being one-sided.

For more than three decades, he would take to the "golden EIB microphone" and make the case to the country for conservative principles and advocate on behalf of elected GOP officials and up-and-coming Republican politicians.

The syndicated show began on just over 50 radio station, but spread like wildfire. It became the most listened to radio show in the U.S. and was picked up by more than 600 stations. According to his website, Limbaugh's show bragged some 27 million weekly listeners.

Limbaugh was inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame in 1993 and the National Association of Broadcasters Hall of Fame in 1998.

Fox News noted that on his final broadcast, Limbaugh revealed that he had outlived his prognosis.

"I wasn't expected to be alive today," he said, Fox News reported. "I wasn't expected to make it to October, and then to November, and then to December. And yet, here I am, and today, got some problems, but I'm feeling pretty good today."

His love of the United States earned him the Presidential Medal of Freedom from President Donald Trump during the State of the Union Address in 2020, shortly after he received his cancer diagnosis.

"Rush Limbaugh: Thank you for your decades of tireless devotion to our country," Trump declared during the address.

Rush's radio and tv show was the reason I started following politics at such a young age. I was in 8th grade when I began to listen some. By the time I was in HS, I was listening most every day in the summer and would stay up and watch his TV show tapings at night. He gave a different perspective than what I found elsewhere, but he presented it in an entertaining way which to me, was appealing. Rarely was he too serious, though people took him too seriously at times. I haven't listened to his show in years... probably over 20 years now, but I always respected what he did. The empire he built. The path he blazed for others. Most importantly, he gave, and helped raise, an untold amount for charity (which is something not being talked about enough today, even though he wouldn't want it talked about).

The left always loved to point to his pain killers addiction as if that made him some sort of hypocrite because he was a conservative? Never really understood that. He paid a heavy price for that addiction, and to this day, it's the biggest stone that the left throws at him from their glass balconies. But few on the left knew anything about him other than he was the right's boogeyman. The truth is, they hated him because he's was America's alternative voice. A conservative voice. They knew, and know, that without alternative media, the left runs the entire show. There is a reason that Air America failed when they took to the radio. There was no market for it, because everything else already was, Air America (and still is).

He'd always say at the beginning of the show, "talent on loan from God..." He was right. He was quite a talent, the best at what he did. And it was on loan... There's no further evidence needed of the indelible mark he left than seeing the reactions to his death from the unhinged left on social media. Even in death, Rush owns them.

I listened to Rush off and on during most of my entire career. His take was always interesting and usually well supported. I looked around at the coverage of his death, and of course CNN and the NY Times headlines and body were hit jobs. He made mistakes. Married four times, an addiction that sidetracked his career, and a few positions that would "cancel" commentators today, but his body of work was incredible. The end of the Fairness Doctrine opened the door for him to espouse key conservative positions to an everyman audience who had never had something like that in the tightly controlled world of network news. If you weren't reading the WSJ or other conservative publications, this was a watershed for many.

He advanced conservative causes in a great way. I hate the end of his career, and life, were marred by his defense of Trump.

RTR,

Tim

Pretty sure this is the same miserable wretch that tweeted out the “how to’s” on toppling monuments and statues during riots/protests over the summer...

I’m not a big cancel culture guy, but I hope she’s fired. If I had any stake ($) whatsoever in UAB, I’d pull it until she was.

The same people that have been preaching the value of human life for the past year, today have been legit celebrating the cancer-related death of a man because he said some unwoke or even mean shit on the radio and identified differently politically.

Why are people so mean? It does not matter to me if you agreed or disagreed with his politics, he was a human being that deserves respect in death. I don't like a lot of things politicians do, but I will respect them once they have passed.
RIP Mr. Limbaugh. Right or wrong, thank you for your contribution to the radio.

Back
Top Bottom