| BSB/SB Brad Bohannon out as Bama baseball's head coach. [Updated article linked]

Welp. Didn't expect it to happen before the season was over. Wonder who we'll go after.

It was unlikely to happen after the season was over. But here we are... If there is any good news, it is that contract money is freed up, the roster isn't terrible, the facilities are good, and UA is on the front end of the hiring train. That's about the end of the good news.

I was reading an article about it on ESPN and I am confused. The article said that Bohannon was not connected to the bets, so why is he being fired? And how do they determine what a suspicious bet is? Because I know absolutely nothing about betting. I'm just curious.

I was reading an article about it on ESPN and I am confused. The article said that Bohannon was not connected to the bets, so why is he being fired? And how do they determine what a suspicious bet is? Because I know absolutely nothing about betting. I'm just curious.

A suspicious bet on college baseball is any bet on college baseball. Seriously though, the industry is highly regulated, and those regulators are the referees in a sense. This could have been a one time deal that Bohannon shared info (which would have most certainly been the scratched starter) with someone making a bet, or it could run deeper with a pattern with him which wouldn't be too hard to piece together after a few days if it involved the same person(s).

This could have been a one time deal that Bohannon shared info (which would have most certainly been the scratched starter) with someone making a bet, or it could run deeper with a pattern with him which wouldn't be too hard to piece together after a few days if it involved the same person(s).
Ohio struck me as weird the first time I saw the location ... now, it dawns on me how much time Bo spent up in that area. To speculate he's got a "connection" up there isn't far fetched.

Hard to know what is fact and what is rumor at this point, but there is noise that this net is going to scoop up more than just Bohannon.
I don't look at Thamel's tweet as 'breaking news.' We would have heard about player suspensions by this point.

More than one state suspending betting leads me to believe it's more than a guy in Cincy.

There's a part of me that isn't sad seeing the end of the '22-'23 sports year come to an end.

Didn’t see this coming! I expected more along the lines of a Reds scout or two learning of the “scratch start” and calling a friend with the “inside info”.

Back
Top Bottom