| BSB/SB Alabama Hires Brad Bohannon as new Baseball Coach

Seems like an emotional guy. Comes across as passionate and he made a point of letting everyone know that you can love the kids and still push them. That last dude must have been close to child abuse.

What is their gripe? That he was introduced as the baseball coach when the barn had another game?

"I can understand it because they didn't want to have any press leaks. But, why couldn't they wait until Tuesday?"

"I'm not blaming the loss...but, everyone is human, how could..."

Just trying to stir...they're just trying to stir.

"I can understand it because they didn't want to have any press leaks. But, why couldn't they wait until Tuesday?"

"I'm not blaming the loss...but, everyone is human, how could..."

Just trying to stir...they're just trying to stir.

small-violin.gif

@Brandon Van de Graaff Did you catch the presser?

I cringed, literally, hearing reference to Finus. I hope beyond all hopes that he's getting his name in the spotlight on this hire as his last act--Byrne giving him a H/T on his way out. But if not? You see why I cringed?

I did watch and noticed he was mentioned, seems like he was mentioned when Byrne was hired too. I honestly don’t now much about him other than some stuff I’ve heard but can’t verify. I do know his name is Finus, so for that alone, he already has a strike against him in my book.

I did watch and noticed he was mentioned, seems like he was mentioned when Byrne was hired too. I honestly don’t now much about him other than some stuff I’ve heard but can’t verify. I do know his name is Finus, so for that alone, he already has a strike against him in my book.
His father--by the same name so don't hold Finus against him--had quite an instrumental role within the Athletic Department in his time. His son, the aforementioned Finus Jr, has had his roles as well. One can only be compared to the other in name only.

I recall how pissed off fRan was when he and Finus Jr. got "into it" over facility improvements. That was my first experience with him and what fRan wanted was piddly, in my opinion. It certainly wasn't something to exercise authority over--which is the opinion I have until this day.

I'm holding on to the hope this is his swan song--him going out on his "high note." I hope that is the case because with this latest hire he's been mentioned as being involved in...it's one of the few high notes he's had in the last decade plus.

Imagine what this would have looked like next year if Goff was still around.

Interesting looking at the financials. Interesting that Auburn is 3rd highest on scholarship costs, aid.

59306f75a8132.image.jpg

REALLY interesting numbers - I wonder if any of you guys can educate me on this? And not just game day expenses on South Carolina at 1.6 mil, which is just wrong. BUT, why the wide range of $91K from UK to (taking out USCe) $479K at A&M? I can see wide variables on travel, and therefore also recruiting, just based on geography. I hope we give Coach Bo a BIG recruiting budget. But how can the aubies come up with over $110K MORE aid than their fellow (and superior) state school??? And IF the stats are correct, how does Florida keep as much talent as they have kept in state lately, when the 'aid' they offer comes to only $374K, the lowest in the leauge by $70K???!!!!

Keep an eye out for the name Dave Serrano.
Yesterday, I saw a few post comments on other sites that Serrano was no longer in the mix. Over the last two days he's followed Byrne, Rick Pendley (Grandslammer,) and Chandler Rome.

Now, make of this what you will. Personally, "keep an eye out..." stands until I hear something differently.

FWIW, joining Bohannon as the likely hitting coach is Jerry Zulli. (Google results if you aren't familiar with Zulli.)

Back
Top Bottom