| FTBL Big 12 votes to accept adding BYU, Cincinnati, Houston, UCF to conference

The results on the field for Texas has been less than stellar for a decade plus but there is a lot of interest in Texas. I am not enamored by their arrogance but they have a ton of fans and history they are losing and UCF/BYU does not come close.

I understand that, but you think the SEC gives a crap about their history or just their checkbooks and viewers? We took Missouri, and it wasn't due to their history. I'm just stating the switch here isn't like the Big 12 is losing odds on the field anywhere. Oklahoma, yes, they are leaving a huge hole for the conference.

I personally have watched more BYU games than Texas games the last five years. I have probably watched the same amount of UCF games as Texas games.

I understand that, but you think the SEC gives a crap about their history or just their checkbooks and viewers? We took Missouri, and it wasn't due to their history. I'm just stating the switch here isn't like the Big 12 is losing odds on the field anywhere. Oklahoma, yes, they are leaving a huge hole for the conference.

I personally have watched more BYU games than Texas games the last five years. I have probably watched the same amount of UCF games as Texas games.
Yeah I was not thinking you were just talking about on the field. The Big 12 was Texas/OU. Them not being there is a huge loss just based on viewers but I also based on tradition of those two schools. I think the SEC does care about this. Doubt they would have shown the same openness if it had been tcu or baylor. It sent a huge shock wave throughout college football due to these schools history and viewers.

Back
Top Bottom