| FTBL Big 12 votes to accept adding BYU, Cincinnati, Houston, UCF to conference

The Big 12 has voted to add these teams.

I'd say G5 the whole lot but they're likely better in football than the PAC.

Well, we can now have a Big 12 Conference! :ROFLMAO: But what are these guys saying now that those teams have left their other conference? I haven't heard anything!
So now those teams will be a P-5 teams?

I'd say G5 the whole lot but they're likely better in football than the PAC.
Good football teams being added. UC, BYU and Houston are pretty good in basketball, don't know much about UCF. Overall, I am not sure about the other athletic teams from each school. I do know it is going to be a long plane ride from UCF to Provo for games.

Agree they could be better than the PAC 10.

May lack the clout Texas has, but their on the field product has been just as good if not better. Good for the Big 12. now the Group of 5 will have a couple of members see if they can hang and get their chance.

Lose Texas and Oklahoma and this is the best the Big 12 could come up with?

What are they losing in Texas? Oklahoma atleast you can say football, basketball, softball, and gymnastics. Texas ain't killing it in anything from what I recall. BYU, UCF would challenge them in football, probably beat them in basketball. Texas may get them in baseball and golf, may. Outside of football and basketball, who truly cares for the most part?

What are they losing in Texas? Oklahoma atleast you can say football, basketball, softball, and gymnastics. Texas ain't killing it in anything from what I recall. BYU, UCF would challenge them in football, probably beat them in basketball. Texas may get them in baseball and golf, may. Outside of football and basketball, who truly cares for the most part?
The results on the field for Texas has been less than stellar for a decade plus but there is a lot of interest in Texas. I am not enamored by their arrogance but they have a ton of fans and history they are losing and UCF/BYU does not come close.

Last edited:
The results on the field for Texas has been less than stellar for a decade plus but there is a lot of interest in Texas. I am not enamored by their arrogance but they have a ton of fans and history they are losing and UCF/BYU do not come close.
To expand on that, in the last 10 seasons Texas is 73-53. In that timeframe they had 3 losing seasons (two of which they did not get a bowl) and won 10 games 1 time. In the 20 years prior they had 10 seasons of 10 wins and 3 losing seasons (one was really 5-5-1). So their 10 win percentage went from 50% to 10% and their losing season percentage went from 15% to 30%. Oh, they also have exactly 0 Conference Titles in the last 10 years compared to 5 in the 20 before that (0% compared to 25%). And even more, in the last 10 years they have lost 14% of the total games lost in their 128 year history but won only 7.9% of their total wins (ignoring all ties in their history for this), meaning this is a below average decade for them historically.

Back
Top Bottom