| CURRENT EVENTS Bham/Mobile/Huntsville Newspapers all end print versions

Print is dead. Has been for a while. What is going to be worse is that they are going to wind up putting everything behind a paywall at some point, not even allowing x per month or the like.
Yeah, it's a shame that you have to pay for a product instead of get it free. Wonder how WalMart would feel if I walked into one of their stores and yell at them for trying to charge me for something on the shelf? Just not fair.

Yeah, it's a shame that you have to pay for a product instead of get it free. Wonder how WalMart would feel if I walked into one of their stores and yell at them for trying to charge me for something on the shelf? Just not fair.
I don't mind paying for something. The issue is that they start putting everything behind a $10 a month paywall as well as serving up more ads and pop-ups than we used to see on shitty Geocities sites. One or the other would be fine.

I don't mind paying for something. The issue is that they start putting everything behind a $10 a month paywall as well as serving up more ads and pop-ups than we used to see on shitty Geocities sites. One or the other would be fine.

What news outlets do that with pop ups on a subscription? I've never seen that with any around here, at least. Typically the subscription does away with pop-ups at all with minimum ads on the page (remember, ads are the biggest way a paper makes money). That should be the standard IMO, if you pay for a subscription, the pop-ups are gone and ads are kept to a minimum.

What news outlets do that with pop ups on a subscription? I've never seen that with any around here, at least. Typically the subscription does away with pop-ups at all with minimum ads on the page (remember, ads are the biggest way a paper makes money). That should be the standard IMO, if you pay for a subscription, the pop-ups are gone and ads are kept to a minimum.
I subscribed for one month two years ago. The only thing that changed was that I had access to more than 4 articles a month. Pop-up ads, etc all continued. Since then, I use an ad blocking DNS in my home along with ad blocking extensions on my browsers to stop that garbage. I will occasionally subscribe to the online for a few days when I need access to something, but I am not dealing with the ads.

Back
Top Bottom