| FTBL Best site to sell away tickets?

• Thread starter BleedsCrimson35
  • Start date
B

BleedsCrimson35

I finally had enough credit hours to buy away tickets this year, so I bought all the away games (2 for Clemson) except Arkansas. Later, during the summer, the ticket office took away one of my tickets for some bs reason (don't know which, I suspect LSU). Anyways, where should I sell them? I know the obvious eBay and StubHub, but I wanted to hear yall's opinion.

I always sell on this board or another dedicated Alabama board with fans that I know are Alabama fans, but that's just me. :) I never deal with eBay or Stubhub.

BleedsCrimson35 said:
I finally had enough credit hours to buy away tickets this year, so I bought all the away games (2 for Clemson) except Arkansas. Later, during the summer, the ticket office took away one of my tickets for some bs reason (don't know which, I suspect LSU). Anyways, where should I sell them? I know the obvious eBay and StubHub, but I wanted to hear yall's opinion.
Well, quite honestly, if you bought the away-game tickets with the intention (clearly it seems from your post here) to merely sell them for a profit I wish the ticket office would have taken ALL your tickets away. That would not be a 'bs reason' at all.

I fully stand behind the concept of free-market economics and you being able to sell that which you do not want. But you chose to deny other students the opportunity to purchase tickets and attend away games for the selfish reason that you had enough hours and had rather have the cash available from reselling the tickets. (And if you argue that other students would have done the same thing if they had bought the tickets instead of you, then the same reasoning would apply to them too. Surely there would have eventually been a student who wanted the tickets for their personal use to travel and personally support the squad.)

Why not just get to some of your classes early and make the announcement that you have tickets to road games for sale - and priced at the same cost you had to pay? This would ensure that a rabid UA student and fan (probably on a tight budget) would get to participate first-hand in a great experience otherwise denied to them by people who merely buy tickets for resale.

Sorry, but your actions just rub me the wrong way this morning. If you were just looking to re-sell one game's tickets because something suddenly came up that prevented you from traveling I would feel differently - for who has not been in such a situation. I remember the joy I personally experienced when, as a student, I go away game tickets to places like Georgia Tech and LSU and Tennessee and Sugar (versus Arkansas) and Cotton (versus Texas and Baylor) and Liberty (versus Illinois) Bowls - and how irate I would have been to heard another student ask how he could best sell his entire inventory of such tickets had I been told the supply was gone before my name came up on the list.

BleedsCrimson35 said:

Go to the Games, or sell them for what you paid for them. BleedCrimson....Not BleedGreen

alagator said:
BleedsCrimson35 said:
Well, quite honestly, if you bought the away-game tickets with the intention (clearly it seems from your post here) to merely sell them for a profit I wish the ticket office would have taken ALL your tickets away. That would not be a 'bs reason' at all.

I fully stand behind the concept of free-market economics and you being able to sell that which you do not want. But you chose to deny other students the opportunity to purchase tickets and attend away games for the selfish reason that you had enough hours and had rather have the cash available from reselling the tickets. (And if you argue that other students would have done the same thing if they had bought the tickets instead of you, then the same reasoning would apply to them too. Surely there would have eventually been a student who wanted the tickets for their personal use to travel and personally support the squad.)

Why not just get to some of your classes early and make the announcement that you have tickets to road games for sale - and priced at the same cost you had to pay? This would ensure that a rabid UA student and fan (probably on a tight budget) would get to participate first-hand in a great experience otherwise denied to them by people who merely buy tickets for resale.

Sorry, but your actions just rub me the wrong way this morning. If you were just looking to re-sell one game's tickets because something suddenly came up that prevented you from traveling I would feel differently - for who has not been in such a situation. I remember the joy I personally experienced when, as a student, I go away game tickets to places like Georgia Tech and LSU and Tennessee and Sugar (versus Arkansas) and Cotton (versus Texas and Baylor) and Liberty (versus Illinois) Bowls - and how irate I would have been to heard another student ask how he could best sell his entire inventory of such tickets had I been told the supply was gone before my name came up on the list.

Disregard alagator. He's kind of uptight and no one likes him much. :p :wink:

Seriously, I won't give you a hard time on it, and ultimately the decision is yours, but if you could sell them to a UA fan or student that would be cool. I know there are a lot of people that would like to try and make that Clemson game. if it comes down to using Stub Hub or eBay, I can't give you any info on that. I've never sold on either site.

If you are just selling them for face, you can do it here, and I am positive there is some great fans here that would purchase them gladly.

If you are wanting to sell for a profit, I would prefer you do it privately, I kind of feel the same way as Alagator as far as the profit thing goes. JMHO.

As far as other sites, I haven't a clue really. Sorry bro.

Y'all give BleedCrimson35 a break. He's from Decatur--at one time the largest "dry" city in the nation.

He's probably the son of a son of a bootlegger, who was charging folks $10-$15 for a pint of JW Dant back in the 70s.

:wink:

alagator said:
BleedsCrimson35 said:

Actually I intended on going to every game, and my wife and I are still going to Clemson, but there have been a series of unfortunate events that are forcing me to sell them against my will. Believe me I would be at every single game if I could afford to and if my circumstances were different. Way to be a jerk about it though.

bear facts said:
Y'all give BleedCrimson35 a break. He's from Decatur--at one time the largest "dry" city in the nation.

He's probably the son of a son of a bootlegger, who was charging folks $10-$15 for a pint of JW Dant back in the 70s.

:wink:
You're closer than you think. My great-grand dad was a bootlegger in Lawrence County :D

So long ago that it almost seems like another lifetime I worked with a man who was an "A" club member and had the kind of tickets that "A" club status could provide. He had a family emergency come up and was not goingto be able to attend the Alabama-LSU game at Legion Field. He told me the tickets were mine for what he paid for them, and I got to witness Bama and LSU from the forty yard line, about half way up on the west side. He could easily have turned a profit had he wanted to.

BleedsCrimson35 said:
Actually I intended on going to every game, and my wife and I are still going to Clemson, but there have been a series of unfortunate events that are forcing me to sell them against my will. Believe me I would be at every single game if I could afford to and if my circumstances were different. Way to be a jerk about it though.
I am so hurt.

Your new explanation seems to dovetail nicely with the out I provided. Coincidence?

Best of luck in your efforts.

I will buy ga, lsu, clemson or ut tickets

i love going to the away games as much as home games. kinda mini vacations for us. let me know if you have em still.

Back
Top Bottom