| FTBL BDS-Future look

Certainly dispels the rumor, or argument, or whatever you want to call it, that the South end zone can not be expanded because of Bryant Drive. I never did believe that was an issue.

AlabamaMan said:
252BAMA said:
Certainly dispels the rumor, or argument, or whatever you want to call it, that the South end zone can not be expanded because of Bryant Drive. I never did believe that was an issue.

Has more to do with the cemetary than Bryant Drive.

Key to my comment is "can not be expanded". Are you saying that the South end zone CAN NOT BE EXPANDED because of the cemetery?

252BAMA said:
AlabamaMan said:
252BAMA said:

Key to my comment is "can not be expanded". Are you saying that the South end zone CAN NOT BE EXPANDED because of the cemetery?

I'm not saying it can't, only that it would be very hard. Notice how much room had to be cleared out for the North end zone expansion... They would have to build something that would go over the road, making a parking deck almost for all the material.

AlabamaMan said:
252BAMA said:
AlabamaMan said:
252BAMA said:

I'm not saying it can't, only that it would be very hard. Notice how much room had to be cleared out for the North end zone expansion... They would have to build something that would go over the road, making a parking deck almost for all the material.

I expect the ground level footprint in the south end zone to be smaller than the north (no A Club or large gathering space), and that the upper deck would be cantilevered over the pedestrian area and street.

AlabamaMan said:
252BAMA said:
AlabamaMan said:
252BAMA said:

Thanks for your remarks. I take it you are refering to the room needed to work and place materials, rather than the actual space needeed for the expansion. In that regard, the cemetery would come into play. Surely these concerns will be addresed in the construction contract. If not, then we can only hope that whoever gets the bid will not only care about getting the job done, but will also care about Bama while doing the job. Bama has weathered everything the media has ever thrown at them, and need I say that has been extensive. But I don't know if they could ovecome what the media would do to them if they tore up a cemetery while expanding the football stadium.

252BAMA said:
AlabamaMan said:
252BAMA said:
AlabamaMan said:
252BAMA said:

Thanks for your remarks. I take it you are refering to the room needed to work and place materials, rather than the actual space needeed for the expansion. In that regard, the cemetery would come into play. Surely these concerns will be addresed in the construction contract. If not, then we can only hope that whoever gets the bid will not only care about getting the job done, but will also care about Bama while doing the job. Bama has weathered everything the media has ever thrown at them, and need I say that has been extensive. But I don't know if they could ovecome what the media would do to them if they tore up a cemetery while expanding the football stadium.

Politicians can do amazing things when they enact legislation... The people who are interned in the cemetary are dead... Give their relatives free season tcikets and move them out of there already...

Today is for those who are living... In Miami the dead people are still voting in our elections... Get out to the cemetary and get those people to vote on this productive initiative. If they build it the spirits will come...

Back
Top Bottom