| FTBL Bama's OL was a monster...

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Staff
Went back and watched some of the game this am. One overlooked performance last night, IMO, was Bama's offensive line. We've seen that it often takes the Tide's big uglies 4 or 5 games to really settle in as a unit and play their best ball. Well, even though it's mid-October, that was game #4. It was just two weeks ago after the Texas A&M game that Saban basically stated we needed more out of them and their coaching. They went out last night and made a statement. That was the most talented front 7 on Bama's schedule, and the OL went to work on them, especially in the 2nd half. Ended up owning UGA in the running game... that last drive the dawgs knew what was coming and couldn't stop them. In the passing game (other than a couple of breakdowns), Mac had not only a clean pocket all night, but more time to throw than anyone could have hoped for. Just an absolutely dominating game by the guys up front...

Went back and watched some of the game this am. One overlooked performance last night, IMO, was Bama's offensive line. We've seen that it often takes the Tide's big uglies 4 or 5 games to really settle in as a unit and play their best ball. Well, even though it's mid-October, that was game #4. It was just two weeks ago after the Texas A&M game that Saban basically stated we needed more out of them and their coaching. They went out last night and made a statement. That was the most talented front 7 on Bama's schedule, and the OL went to work on them, especially in the 2nd half. Ended up owning UGA in the running game... that last drive the dawgs knew what was coming and couldn't stop them. In the passing game (other than a couple of breakdowns), Mac had not only a clean pocket all night, but more time to throw than anyone could have hoped for. Just an absolutely dominating game by the guys up front...

havent rewatched...but i felt they were pretty good last night....
Wore out the uga D line and fourth quarter it really showed...

In my good/bad/ugly my good was the OL. Basically said they were the MVP of the game. The receivers do what they do and they are good at it but the OL protection and the running game was critical.. Allowed balance and kept the D from turning the pass rush loose. Najee Harris ran as hard as I have seen him run and that is saying something. Very impressed with the offense in all phases.

Landon Dickerson was a MONSTER himself, abusing many a DAWG all night!!!
It was a laugh out loud moment when he pancaked LeCounte. I'm glad Cubelic caught it and tweeted the highlight. After one of the TD's you could see him in the end zone with three of the wideouts: looked like a bear looking down on cubs.

Leatherwood played very well. He was throwing guys all over the place. Najee went left one play and they showed the replay and I am pretty sure it was Leatherwood that launched a guy across the screen. He doesn't get enough credit in my mind. He's a good lineman.

Back
Top Bottom