| FTBL BAMA's most competitive game

Which game will be the most closely contested?

• Tulane

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Western Kentucky

• @ Arkansas

• @ Georgia

• Kentucky

• Ole Miss

• @ Tennessee

• Arkansas State

• @ LSU

• Mississippi State

• Auburn

• Total voters
G

When the '08 season is done, which game will we look back upon and see as the closest, most "could have gone either way" game?

My gut tells me it is going to be UT. Not discounting the score last year, but looking back it has been a closely fought contest the majority of the time.

However, I have to add this caveat. If we come out of ATL with a win vs Clemson I'd say it's going to be the UGA or LSU game. A win vs Clemson and if could (I don't expect it) pull out an upset vs UGA...look out SEC.

i would have to say the clemson game. i just think it being the first game of the year, everyone is fresh, and its kind of been built up a little, i think it will be a slugfest. i think it will come down to the last possession. time will time, its not that far away

The Clemson game intrigues me a bit and I expect it to be a really good one. Probably pretty close too, but for some reason my gut tells me it's gonna be LSU.

Saban and Miles might downplay it but you know they both want that one as bad as our most rabid fans do. Also take into account how the game went last year and given the roster turnover, Saban's defensive prowess, Miles' coaching abilities, and it should be a tight one this year as well.

Tennessee is most likely toughest.

LSU's quarterback is young therefore how they do is unkownn??

Georgia is at home and very very good but they have away games in the Pac 10 conference and enough bumps on their schedule to be a worry.

Arkansas has been gutted but still does have a tough runningback. Petrino will have his chance to make an impression soon.

Auburn's Burns is a real threat & shoots his passing straight. They may be even worse than UT!?

Mr L E Phant said:

Georgia is at home and very very good but they have away games in the Pac 10 conference and enough bumps on their schedule to be a worry.

Arkansas has been gutted but still does have a tough runningback. Petrino will have his chance to make an impression soon.

Auburn's Burns is a real threat & shoots his passing straight. They may be even worse than UT!?

Interesting....
Tennessee, New OC, New QB, young defense....
LSU New QB....a lot of new players but loaded with talent still.
Aubrun New OC, Untested Qb

Basically an untested QB starts under center for all three, yet Aubrun and Tenn are the tough ones...nice logic. :o All are SEC teams...they are all gonna be tough.

Mr L E Phant said:

UT, agreed.

LSU, agreed.

UGA. They play Arizona State the week before they play us, true. They finished 10-3 last year, true. They finished 2nd in the Pac10 only to be smacked around like a red-headed step-child by an average Tx team in their bowl game. However, one can not discount how Richt's teams play on the road and I can't see a Az. St. team pound Georgia to the point they are hurting when we visit.

One small note: This is a team that gave up 55 sacks last year with Erickson (good coach) adding more 4-5 WR sets and is going to be relying on JUCO transfers to shore up the OL. UGA has a lot of experience on the DL.

Arkansas: Good RB, agreed. I still say Dick under the Petrino's is going to have a break out year. Their RB's will be used, but not as much as they passing attack.

Auburn: Burns, by no means possible, can be described as a "straight shooting" QB unless you are talking about those shots being in front of, behind or over the Rcvrs. The reason the spent most of spring ball working the passing attack (with no rush, btw) is it is the weakest part of their offense right now. By the end of the season? Depends on how much pressure he gets in games...teams will be able to get into his head and make him run.

TerryP said:
Mr L E Phant said:

UT, agreed.

LSU, agreed.

UGA. They play Arizona State the week before they play us, true. They finished 10-3 last year, true. They finished 2nd in the Pac10 only to be smacked around like a red-headed step-child by an average Tx team in their bowl game. However, one can not discount how Richt's teams play on the road and I can't see a Az. St. team pound Georgia to the point they are hurting when we visit.

One small note: This is a team that gave up 55 sacks last year with Erickson (good coach) adding more 4-5 WR sets and is going to be relying on JUCO transfers to shore up the OL. UGA has a lot of experience on the DL.

Arkansas: Good RB, agreed. I still say Dick under the Petrino's is going to have a break out year. Their RB's will be used, but not as much as they passing attack.

Auburn: Burns, by no means possible, can be described as a "straight shooting" QB unless you are talking about those shots being in front of, behind or over the Rcvrs. The reason the spent most of spring ball working the passing attack (with no rush, btw) is it is the weakest part of their offense right now. By the end of the season? Depends on how much pressure he gets in games...teams will be able to get into his head and make him run.

Tenn will be tough, it always is. Plus Bama is playing in NS this year. Hard to get calls there

UGA's weak spot is their secondary... from listening to my UGA friends talk and still some questions at LB. Their OL will be a little green I think as well and need depth.

As far as Aubrun and the spread....Troys QB could barley walk at the end of the year.....teams forced him to run and take hits.

Kc said:
As far as Aubrun and the spread....Troys QB could barley walk at the end of the year.....teams forced him to run and take hits.

Side note on that.

I started reading, for the 3rd time, Crimson Coronation by Al Browning again this week. In one chapter, Coach Bryant it talking to Coach Thomas about how Thomas' team could defend the wishbone.

Bryant: You'll need good LB'ers and DB's because the 'bone will spread the field.

Funny, how the same concept fits today with the modern day schemes spreading the D along the LOS.

LBS said:
When the '08 season is done, which game will we look back upon and see as the closest, most "could have gone either way" game?

Probably GA. I hope we win the game and realize we could have lost.

My husband is die hard Georgia so I have been hearing it since the Sugar Bowl...blah, blah. He has the right to brag but my ears hurt. We are going to be in Athens that weekend are on the lookout for tickets. There will be 6 of us going and only 2 are bama fans. We really dont care where we sit as long as we are together...I am hoping to luck up and find tickets in the Bama section to make the game just a little miserable for my fellow Georgia fans that will be going with us.

I hope all the other games are hands down we won and it could not have gone any other way. :D

They finished 2nd in the Pac10 only to be smacked around like a red-headed step-child by an average Tx team in their bowl game. However, one can not discount how Richt's teams play on the road and I can't see a Az. St. team pound Georgia to the point they are hurting when we visit.

Speaking of T.e.x.a.s.when will The Alabama Crimson take them on!?

The results are coming back quite interesting. It seems that your outlook says that the teams that we will best compare to are the Top-15 teams. 77% of votes imply that you think we are on par with the Top-12.

This has spawned a new question to poll masses with.

Georgia 31% #2
LSU 25% #12
Auburn 21% #10
Tennessee 10% #15
Clemson 10% #7
Non-ranked teams 0%

(As of Friday, 16MAY)

Back
Top Bottom