| FTBL BAMA uses Karate to aid flexibility

OK, so if this whole karate thing is an improvement over what the team had in the past with regard to flexibility, then what in the heck was the last staff doing with conditioning? That was supposedly Bob Connely's whole "philosophy" and that cat that came to BAMA from Seattle...flexibility training.

No wonder Saban is so edgey. He inherited a cluster funk.

bamafan4ever said:
OK, so if this whole karate thing is an improvement over what the team had in the past with regard to flexibility, then what in the heck was the last staff doing with conditioning? That was supposedly Bob Connely's whole "philosophy" and that cat that came to BAMA from Seattle...flexibility training.

Didn't they have "voluntary" strength and condition training under the last regime? :D

Wiseace615 said:
bamafan4ever said:

Didn't they have "voluntary" strength and condition training under the last regime? :D

It would seem so, huh? With things I have read that players have said, like Mike McCoy, it does make you wonder. McCoy said the last staff advised him that he needed to gain weight and he said he felt horrible adding the extra pounds. This staff comes in and tells him to drop the weight he gained and get into the gym. Reading what the other players have said about him in this off-season, it is easy to tell which method was best.

bamafan4ever said:
It would seem so, huh? With things I have read that players have said, like Mike McCoy, it does make you wonder. McCoy said the last staff advised him that he needed to gain weight and he said he felt horrible adding the extra pounds. This staff comes in and tells him to drop the weight he gained and get into the gym. Reading what the other players have said about him in this off-season, it is easy to tell which method was best.

I agree. That and the fact that Andre Smith is so excited about getting back to his High School playing weight. If he makes to 325 and adds more speed to his strength he will be even more of a beast.

Overall, I think the players are really enjoying the emphasis that is being placed on conditioning now.

lol that sounds cool. never heard of football players doing yoga & karate (ive heard of ballet) but i did take karate when i played football in high school. at least now if we play Miami in a bowl game we know we can kick their asses if they get rowdy. lmao j/k

I think this will be a good thing for our program. We have had a lot of injuries over the last few years, and I'm not saying that all would have been avoided with this but some will.

Back
Top Bottom