| BSB/SB šŸ„Ž Bama splits Saturday's double header with Auburn (Rubber Match, Sunday at 11:30 CT on the SEC Network)

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. ā€“ For the first time since 2017, Alabama (33-13, 9-6 SEC) and Auburn (33-13, 9-6 SEC) softball will face off in Tuscaloosa, with the three-game series beginning Friday at 8 p.m. CT at Rhoads Stadium.

This Week: #14/13 Alabama (33-13, 9-6 SEC) vs. #19/21 Auburn (33-13, 9-6 SEC)​

• Tuscaloosa, Ala. ā€“ Rhoads Stadium
  • Friday/Saturday Video: SEC Network
  • Sunday Video: ESPN
  • Radio: The Crimson Tide Sports Network at 97.5 FM in Tuscaloosa | nick975.com | Varsity App
  • Friday, April 21 ā€“ 8 p.m. CT
  • Saturday, April 22 ā€“ 3 p.m. CT
  • Sunday, April 23 ā€“ 11:30 a.m. CT

We'll be lucky to have a winning record with Fouts gone. That mystique is gone and I simply don't see the program looking any better in the bear future. Prospects mean nothing anymore because there is no development with the talent we have. I can't even say Fouts has gotten better per say, but she cane in pretty refined. Which is not the norm.

We'll be lucky to have a winning record with Fouts gone. That mystique is gone and I simply don't see the program looking any better in the bear future. Prospects mean nothing anymore because there is no development with the talent we have. I can't even say Fouts has gotten better per se, but she cane in pretty refined. Which is not the norm.
Unfortunately, Fouts will leave Bama without a NC. This program has been declining the past 2-3 years. Donā€™t see it happening but time for a complete coaching change.

Unfortunately, Fouts will leave Bama without a NC. This program has been declining the past 2-3 years. Donā€™t see it happening but time for a complete coaching change.

Agreed. I felt we have been missing a piece since before Fouts got here. I felt we had more of a shot with Hemphill and McCleney, but since rhem we have had zero offense. We have beat up on lesser teams this year, otherwise we'd be already looking at under .500.

Hate saying this as not to appreciate the program Murphy built and gave us some good memories, but he's acting like a lame duck president and coasting it seems.

We are not dominant anymore in softball. I am not sure what is wrong or happening but something is not right.

There were some recruiting misses, and Murphy was (IMO) too particular in who he took in the portal (he wanted good players but also players that he knew would fit in with the team after last year's issues). The biggest thing, SEC softball, as a whole, isn't what is used to be. There has been a shit ton of money poured into the other programs (thanks to the TV deals), and most of those programs have reaped the benefits and caught up to Alabama and Florida. OU and TX coming in will expand the bubble of top programs even more... with OU being on a level by themselves (at the start anyway). But, the softball programs have become what the baseball programs are for the most part... not much separation from most teams from a 1000 ft view.

That's not to say Alabama can't make some adjustments and improve... they certainly can, and should. Luring more SEC caliber transfers is needed. Overall player development needs to improve. The new (additional) coaching spot for '24, IMO, really needs to be filled with a hitting coach that Murphy will trust, and free him up to concentrate on more things, day-to-day.

On this series in particular, the two teams are about as evenly matched as they could be. If they played 10 times, it would probably be a 5-5 split.

There were some recruiting misses, and Murphy was (IMO) too particular in who he took in the portal (he wanted good players but also players that he knew would fit in with the team after last year's issues). The biggest thing, SEC softball, as a whole, isn't what is used to be. There has been a shit ton of money poured into the other programs (thanks to the TV deals), and most of those programs have reaped the benefits and caught up to Alabama and Florida. OU and TX coming in will expand the bubble of top programs even more... with OU being on a level by themselves (at the start anyway). But, the softball programs have become what the baseball programs are for the most part... not much separation from most teams from a 1000 ft view.

That's not to say Alabama can't make some adjustments and improve... they certainly can, and should. Luring more SEC caliber transfers is needed. Overall player development needs to improve. The new (additional) coaching spot for '24, IMO, really needs to be filled with a hitting coach that Murphy will trust, and free him up to concentrate on more things, day-to-day.

On this series in particular, the two teams are about as evenly matched as they could be. If they played 10 times, it would probably be a 5-5 split.
Will he be allowed to spend enough $$$ to get a quality hitting coach?

I wonder if Kelly Kretschman would be interested in coming home ?

Personally, I still feel as though Murphy is resting a bit on his laurels of that ā€˜12 Natty. Feels like he thinks he knows better than a hitting coach because ā€œit worked in ā€˜12!ā€ You should always be looking to stay out front with your program.
Constantly evolving! Just look at Saban!!! Pretty good example to look at across campus there Murphy!!!

Personally, I still feel as though Murphy is resting a bit on his laurels of that ā€˜12 Natty. Feels like he thinks he knows better than a hitting coach because ā€œit worked in ā€˜12!ā€ You should always be looking to stay out front with your program.
Constantly evolving! Just look at Saban!!! Pretty good example to look at across campus there Murphy!!!

I know very little about him, but I can see he's doing this. He's pulled a Joe Paterno qere the program is suffering and everyone else is passing us by

Something happened last season with the transfers of Goodnight, Bloodworth, and Lord all freshman and all starters not to mention Lexi Kilfoyl. Poor coaching and internal problems result in whatā€™s happening this season.

Back
Top Bottom