| NEWS ⚽ BAMA Soccer '23: Bama falls to UNC 1-0 in 2nd round of NCAA Tournament. Season over...

The Crimson Tide extended its home winning streak to 21 straight victories at the Alabama Soccer Stadium

Seventh-ranked Alabama soccer opened the 2023 campaign with a 2-0 victory over DePaul on Thursday night.

The Crimson Tide saw goals from Gianna Paul (4:57) and Itala Gemelli (43:26) in the win. With the victory, UA extended its home winning streak to an NCAA-leading 21 straight games.

From Head Coach Wes Hart

"It was a win, so we will certainly take it. I was pleased. We're still learning and trying to figure out who we are, but I thought we saw some good moments. It was awesome to get an early goal, and then to end the half with a goal. I thought it was great. I thought our best stretch of the game was early in the second half. We were all over. I think if we could have got a goal there, probably the floodgates would've opened. Credit to DePaul, their keeper made some big saves and they hung tough and made it hard for us. Overall, I'm pleased we got the win."

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – A late goal by Kate Henderson was the difference for the No. 7 Alabama soccer team (2-0) in a 1-0 victory over UAB (0-2) on Sunday.

Henderson received the ball off the head of Marianna Annest near the six-yard box. The UA forward turned and fired through traffic to find the back of the net in the 80th minute.

From Head Coach Wes Hart

"I thought we took another step in the right direction tonight. They challenged us in different ways than our first two opponents, and we were able to answer the test. Good teams find ways to win games, and we did that tonight."

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Seventh-ranked Alabama soccer (3-0) defeated Lipscomb (0-3) in a 3-1 victory on Thursday thanks to a brace from Isabel Smith and a second half goal from Gianna Paul.

Smith recorded her first collegiate goal on her way to a brace, scoring in both the 30th and 51st minute of the game. Paul notched her second goal this season in the 60th minute. With the victory, the Crimson Tide moved to its best start since the 2016 season.

From Head Coach Wes Hart

"Obviously pleased with the result. Wins are important, especially on the road. Despite their slow start, I believe Lipscomb will win a lot of games. It's a good team. Glad our offense came alive tonight. We were able to score three (goals) and had a few more good chances that we missed. Happy for Izzy (Smith). She's been playing well and glad to see her get her first goals for Alabama."

The Game​

• Smith recorded her first collegiate goal in the 30th minute of the game
  • Cameron Silva dribbled towards the box before passing the ball out wide for Itala Gemelli
  • With her first touch, Gemelli crossed the ball for Smith to hit into the back of the net
  • Smith found her second goal in the 51st minute, taking a left footed shot from outside the box
  • Paul would make the score 3-0, fighting off a defender before placing the ball in the left corner of the net in the 60th minute
  • Lipscomb recorded its lone goal in the 66th minute as Kiara Pralle finished a cross from KK Pavatt and Lydia Hindt

Next​

• The Crimson Tide returns to action on Sunday to host No. 17 Memphis
  • The game against the Tigers will kick off at 7 p.m. CT at the Alabama Soccer Stadium

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The seventh-ranked Alabama soccer team emerged victorious in the team's first top-20 matchup of the season Sunday, taking a 2-1 victory over the 17th-ranked Memphis Tigers (3-1). The win marked the program's 300th victory as the Tide moved to 4-0 on the year.

Additionally, Alabama extended its home winning streak to an NCAA-leading 22 wins. Gianna Paul notched her third goal of the season, while Felicia Knox tallied the game-winning shot off a second half penalty kick.

From Head Coach Wes Hart

"I'm just thrilled. I felt like we hadn't really put a complete game together and tonight was our closest thing to a complete game. Certainly, there were some lolls throughout the game, but that's going to happen in a 90-minute game. I thought from the start of the game, we came with our energy, pressing, hunting and work rate, and really that sets the tone for our soccer. I'm super, super pleased with our performance tonight. It was great to be able to manage the game late and we killed the game off. That's an important characteristic of a good team. We frustrated them (Memphis) a bit, and that's a heck of a team. They're a very good team. They had some good results and I expect them to win a lot of games. I think that's going to end up as a great win for us."

Next​

• The Crimson Tide will continue its homestand, hosting Miami on Thursday
  • The two teams will kick off at 7 p.m. CT at the Alabama Soccer Stadium

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – The fifth-ranked Alabama soccer team (4-0-2) recorded a 0-0 draw against the Samford Bulldogs (2-1-3) on Sunday.

The back-and-forth battle saw a combined 35 shots as freshman goalkeeper Coralie Lallier made four crucial saves in the game. Alabama has now recorded back-to-back draws for the first time in program history as the Tide remains undefeated on the year.

From Head Coach Wes Hart

"Going into games, that's our mindset, we expect to win, but so do our opponents. They're trying to win as well and credit to Samford. Their coach does an excellent job. Nine years in a row they've won their conference. They're a team that's used to winning games and they play hard, they're physical, they're aggressive and scrappy. They did not back down and (you've) got to give them a lot of credit.

"Looking at us, we've got room to grow. We are by no means playing to our potential. We lost some great players from a year ago that accounted for a lot of our offense. We have some very good players filling those holes, but we are still trying to figure out how to put all the pieces together and make things click."

The Game​

• Alabama dominated the first half in shots (11-6); however the Tide trailed the Bulldogs (14-4) in the second half
  • Lallier tied a season-high four saves in the game
  • Isabel Smith paced the offense with a team-leading four shots
  • Smith would account for three of the four saves by Bulldog goalkeeper Zoe Clevely
  • The draw is the first in series history between the two teams

Next​

• The Crimson Tide will travel to Hattiesburg, Miss., to face Southern Miss on Thursday
  • The game will kick off at 4 p.m. CT

Uh?

Dude. Good club they have there...dominated their conference for a decade now.
Misread the score. Didn't realize it was an away game for Bama. Still thought they should've won and at least scored as the #5. Didn't even know Samford had a team until I saw it in this post.

I really whish the UA media folks would ditch their current score graphic templates and start adding the opponent's school name to the graphics. I follow the sports closely enough I usually know who is playing who (like today I knew the soccer team was playing So. Miss), but not always. When there's just a graphic of some obscure bulldog, tiger, or eagle as the opponent, and I have to start looking elsewhere to see who it was Alabama actually played? Annoying as hell.

Back
Top Bottom