| NEWS BAMA / SEC at the NCAA Women's Golf Championship

The 2016 NCAA Division I Women's Golf Championship takes place May 20-25 at Eugene County Club in Eugene, Oregon.

The University of Oregon will serve as the host of the championship and the Golf Channel will provide live coverage for the final three days of the championships May 23, 24 and 25.

The championship format consists of all 24 teams and 12 individuals completing 54 holes of stroke play, and then the top 15 teams along with the top nine individuals not on an advancing team will advance for one additional day of stroke play to determine the top eight teams for match play competition and the 72-hole stroke play individual champion. The top eight teams then compete in match play for the championship.

Leaderboard

Nevermind. I see now that it is six days rather than five. So is the sixth and final day a match play round with just the two final teams? Seems to me that, with 8 teams, you would still need 3 days of match play to get down to one. Eight on the fourth day, four on the fifth day, and two on the sixth day.

Back
Top Bottom