| BSB/SB ⚾Bama Baseball v. Lipscomb - Sweep Complete: Offense Shines Once Again in Baseball’s 10-5 Win over Lipscomb

Playing earlier Friday to try and dodge the rain...
Ha! I opened this thread to ask about this. I just saw the national weather map for the weekend and it looked like the area could get as much as a half of a foot of rain. That leads me to think Saturday's game might be postponed/canceled, or pushed back.

That's a lot of water for the field to absorb in this time of the year...

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – A long day for Alabama baseball finished with a pair of wins over the Lipscomb Bisons. The 13th-ranked Crimson Tide took game one of the doubleheader, 20-13, before a 10-1 victory in the nightcap. With the pair of wins, the Tide is now 14-1 on the young season.

The Crimson Tide offense totaled 27 hits across the two games, including seven doubles and five home runs, on to the way to 30 total runs. Gage Miller led the way with a 7-for-10 day that included three doubles, two home runs, four RBI five runs and one walk. Close behind was Will Hodo, who finished 3-for-5 with two home runs – including a grand slam – seven RBI, five runs and five walks.

From Head Coach Rob Vaughn

"Obviously, this was a really long day of baseball, especially if you play an almost four-hour first game and then have to bounce back. You have 40 minutes before you roll back out there and play it again. It was a long day for our kids, but I thought it was a great day overall getting two wins out of it."

GAME ONE

Alabama and Lipscomb traded runs in a high-scoring affair with the Crimson Tide coming out on top in the end, 20-13.

Seven of the nine starters recorded at least one hit in game one, led by Miller's 3-for-4 effort. The junior recorded two homers, three RBI, three runs and a walk. Hodo joined Miller with a two-homer outing and finished 2-for-2 in game one. Hodo recorded a grand slam to go with three runs and his team-high four walks and seven RBI. Evan Sleight led in runs with four as part of a 2-for-4 effort that also included a double and two walks.

Tyler Fay (1-0) picked up the win with 2.0 relief innings and was followed by Alton Davis II, who tossed the final 1.1 frames with two strikeouts for his third save of the year.

GAME TWO

Alabama's highly productive offense carried over to the nightcap, with the Crimson Tide earning a 10-1 victory to secure the doubleheader sweep of Lipscomb.

The Tide racked up 13 total hits in game two with eight of the nine starters contributing at least one knock. The offense was led by Miller, who went 4-for-6 with two doubles, an RBI and two runs scored. Close behind was Bryce Eblin who put together a 3-for-5 game two that included one RBI and a pair of runs.

Greg Farone (2-0) was solid in his fourth start of the season. The southpaw tossed 5.0 scoreless innings, allowing only three hits while striking out six. The relief duo of Zane Probst and Jansen Kenty followed, combining for the final 4.0 frames and striking out five while allowing only one hit across that stretch.

Back
Top Bottom