| RECRUIT Auburn recruiting

Is it me, or is Auburn getting the lion's share of in-state blue chippers this cycle?

Only thing I can really tell you is, Freeze is trying to flip the roster with a bunch of talent... specifically at WR and QB... think back to some of those guys he had in Oxford. He's spending a lot of time, and auburn's NIL is spending a lot of money, to make that happen.

But, I've also said since Saban was here... an elite Alabama team is actually good for auburn in terms of regional recruiting if they can take advantage of it. Freeze understands that.

Yea, Saban's dynasty doubled Auburn's all time national championships and tripled their all time national championship game appearances. Obviously Tubberville had that undefeated season when they were left out of the BCS. And Terry Bowden had that undefeated season while on probation.

And the more I look at the Rivals top 250, I see other schools raiding the state of Alabama this cycle: Ole Miss, Tenn, Ark, Miami, etc.

Out of the 12 prospects from the state of Alabama in the top 250:
3 are committed to Bama
8 are committed to elsewhere
1 is uncommitted.

Gosh, so many elite prospects from the state of Georgia. So many, in fact, that lots of schools are raiding the state without keeping the Bulldogs from having the top class!

Only thing I can really tell you is, Freeze is trying to flip the roster with a bunch of talent... specifically at WR and QB... think back to some of those guys he had in Oxford. He's spending a lot of time, and auburn's NIL is spending a lot of money, to make that happen.

But, I've also said since Saban was here... an elite Alabama team is actually good for auburn in terms of regional recruiting if they can take advantage of it. Freeze understands that.
With NIL. Can buy em in bunches these days like bananas

One thing I stopped worrying about early in CNS tenure was recruiting. CNS will be top 5 as long as he is at Bama. Of course the Barn is going to do better in recruiting under Freeze. Should not be a surprise. For sure he wants to upgrade the skill positions so that is a priority in NIL money.

Things sure have changed rapidly with NIL. Just flat out go pay players now smh. They had to find someway to slow down the Bama machine.

One thing I stopped worrying about early in CNS tenure was recruiting. CNS will be top 5 as long as he is at Bama. Of course the Barn is going to do better in recruiting under Freeze. Should not be a surprise. For sure he wants to upgrade the skill positions so that is a priority in NIL money.

Things sure have changed rapidly with NIL. Just flat out go pay players now smh. They had to find someway to slow down the Bama machine.
One thing though....is what one does ....the other does....except clemson....who will start shortly....

Back
Top Bottom