| FTBL ATTENTION MEMBERS; Please read this

• Thread starter imported_porkchop
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_porkchop

If anyone here is receiving unsolicited private messages from people promoting other sites please feel free to contact one of the administrators and let them know.

They need to stop trying to get people to their site, and just post here. :roll:

porkchop said:
If anyone here is receiving unsolicited private messages from people promoting other sites please feel free to contact one of the administrators and let them know.

What kind of sites are they soliciting people for?

A new BAMA site.

I want to make this clear from the get go. People here can come and go as they choose. We won't hinder anyone and we stand behind our product. Most people here enjoy it and that's why they stay. Some do not as much, and that is fine. But here's what is not going to happen on the site though.

(1) Members here that have never participated on any regular basis are not going to use their accounts to steer people away to other sites. They will be banned before that is ever allowed to go on because quite frankly, it's just underhanded and we're not going to be a party to it. Those people need not trouble the rest of the board with their presence any longer. They know who they are.

(2) We have been more than accomodating to the other small-time BAMA sites out there and have let them advertize on a small scale here (which is more than many sites will allow). We're not going to just hand over our memberbase for exploitation though.

Pride, I think we're talking about two different issues.

re

Being the owner of another small Bama site, I completely understand what you are saying here. It's ok to attempt to put your site out there, and when asked to remove it, you should politely comply, like I did.

But if someone is pm'ing your members to come to their site,
a) what kind of person are the people doing this?
b) what kind of site community will that make up?
and
c) pm'ing other sites members is lame. You might as well call a guys wife on the phone and ask if she can come over.

I stand behind your thoughts 100% on this, please report anyone who has done this to me, username, email, ip addresses, etc, so I can ban them from ever getting to my site. I will report the same to you if I find out anyone doing this.

RTR guys

Re: re

RTR2006 said:
c) pm'ing other sites members is lame. You might as well call a guys wife on the phone and ask if she can come over.

Ahhh, might be a bit of a difference then that. :lol:

I wondered how long it would take this fella to get over here Keith. I've watched him spam sites for days now. Heck, he hit me...but, it was an easy response.

"I make my judgements based on content. 14 topics doesn't quite qualify as a great site (as he advertised)."

I have yet to be hit by them that I know of, but maybe we should get a list together of the "recruiters" to share amongst us. I have one name I will send you Keith.

I have no clue as to who or what ya'll are talking about but I will say this....They can kiss my arse! I agree with most of what you sais PC accept this.

porkchop said:
(1) Members here that have never participated on any regular basis are not going to use their accounts to steer people away to other sites.

I do not think it is right to try and use this site to promote any site that will steer people away from this site period! Whether they are here on a regular basis or not. This site is what it is because of you admins and mods. If these so called people want to contribute and are that damn good why don't they help out with this site? Unless it is an ego thing and in that case they need to be rooting for AU any way. Sorry, I really like this site and appreciate the hell oout of the members and people that have accepted me as well as other's opinions with out fear of being banned or labeled. We have good people working here. Ban the hell out of these assholes. Why do people always have to start shit? PLEASE BAN THEM PERIOD.

porkchop said:
Pride, I think we're talking about two different issues.

I was trying to make a joke. Humor me and laugh. :p

Ban the guy thats promoting other sites using your bandwidth. :twisted:

re

Porkchop, would it possibly to make a new forum that just you, CrimsonNKentucky, and myself could see, so we could share this information?

Apparently people know who is doing the recruiting, but I have no clue, so I need to be informed somehow lol.

gary funderburk said:
I have no clue as to who or what ya'll are talking about but I will say this....They can kiss my arse! I agree with most of what you sais PC accept this.

porkchop said:
(1) Members here that have never participated on any regular basis are not going to use their accounts to steer people away to other sites.

I do not think it is right to try and use this site to promote any site that will steer people away from this site period! Whether they are here on a regular basis or not. This site is what it is because of you admins and mods. If these so called people want to contribute and are that damn good why don't they help out with this site? Unless it is an ego thing and in that case they need to be rooting for AU any way. Sorry, I really like this site and appreciate the hell oout of the members and people that have accepted me as well as other's opinions with out fear of being banned or labeled. We have good people working here. Ban the hell out of these assholes. Why do people always have to start sh*t? PLEASE BAN THEM PERIOD.

Well, that's what I'm saying Gary. Sorry I didn't clarify it better.

The people that have been spamming (and I suspect PMing people behind the scenes) are those that have had accounts here for a while now, but have never contributed positively to the site in any way. Basically lurkers and knots on logs that have decided to try and pursuade our members to join them on another new BAMA site instead of contributing here.

Those people here that are active are not the ones doing it. That's never been an issue.

It just irks me that someone would sign up here and lurk for months on end without doing anything to contribute but then take the time to try and try to get people to leave. That's what I meant. Sorry I didn't clarify that better.

Anyway, not to turn it into a production or anything.

If anyone receives annoying, unsolicited PM's just let us know. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom