| FTBL Article

bama4life said:
Do you think CNS would be hated and talked about like this if he went to a school other than Alabama?

I say screw the media. As long as Saban can find a way to put up wins he will be in fine shape. UA fans love him and we should not be so sensitive to the national hatred. Remember 1992? Everyone in the national media said UA didn't have a chance against Miami. This criticism has been going on for years. I also think Finebaum is actually doing a good job at ripping the national media.

BamaBullies said:
bama4life said:
Do you think CNS would be hated and talked about like this if he went to a school other than Alabama?

I say screw the media. As long as Saban can find a way to put up wins he will be in fine shape. UA fans love him and we should not be so sensitive to the national hatred. Remember 1992? Everyone in the national media said UA didn't have a chance against Miami. This criticism has been going on for years. I also think Finebaum is actually doing a good job at ripping the national media.

I am in total agreement with you here. Damn the media....full Saban ahead!!

Hopefull Saban will use all the negativety to drive the staff and players to focus extra hard and dot the eyes of the hating bunch.

I totally agree and no, it does not bother me at all what the media or anyone else thinks. I like the fact that the press does not have a grip on CNS and he has turned the tables on them.

I would probably bi$#@ slap a few of them if they spoke to me like they do some of the coaches.

Count down the days and lets play some football

RTR a$#

bama4life said:

I think this would have happened no matter which college team he left the Dolphins for (in the manner in which it went down). It is a bigger story because it is Alabama, with all of your program's history.

bama4life said:

I'm gonna have to say no. I don't think he would be hated and talked about if he went somewhere else....unless a coach that was having some success got fired to make room for Saban.

I think you guys are at a crossroads right now in your program. There is so much media attention on you right now because of Saban. If this year is very successful, you will be set for years. If this year is a flop, you will be hurt for years. With respect to the media, I mean. And we all know how important the media is in the polls nowadays.

One thing is for sure though, a lot of eyes will be on you this fall.

circledrill said:
bama4life said:

I'm gonna have to say no. I don't think he would be hated and talked about if he went somewhere else....unless a coach that was having some success got fired to make room for Saban.

I think you guys are at a crossroads right now in your program. There is so much media attention on you right now because of Saban. If this year is very successful, you will be set for years. If this year is a flop, you will be hurt for years. With respect to the media, I mean. And we all know how important the media is in the polls nowadays.

One thing is for sure though, a lot of eyes will be on you this fall.

If we beat Auburn and LSU they will be hurting for years in recruiting IMO.

Back
Top Bottom