| RECRUIT Arch Manning recruitment... Dan Patrick says ' @AlabamaFTBL is the leader'.

Max

After throwing for five touchdowns in New Orleans (La.) Isidore Newman’s Friday night win over Pearl River, five-star 2023 quarterback Arch Manning was back in the facility on Saturday morning going through film and corrections.

“There weren’t a bunch,” head coach Nelson Stewart said of the latter. “He got through the cutups with the quarterbacks and that was a pretty neat example to set for our young guys. That’s kind of refreshing he didn’t take the morning off.”

Manning was certainly excited about his afternoon plans.

“It was like ‘Roll Tide, have fun' and I know he did,” Stewart said.

After wrapping up with his own team, the 6-foot-4, 218-pound junior captain made it to Tuscaloosa in time to watch top-ranked Alabama take care of Ole Miss, 42-21.

“He had a great time of course,” Stewart said. “I think the biggest thing, he got to sit in with Coach (Nick) Saban and Coach (Pete) Golding for about 30 minutes before he went out. He said he really enjoyed that he got to sit in on a meeting and see the way they did things. He said it was an awesome experience to watch them work.”

Led by Golding’s efforts, Alabama is obviously a program Manning is taking a close look at. Georgia, Texas, Clemson and the Rebels are a few of the others.

Pete Golding has been recruiting him a long time,” Stewart said. “He’s one of the first coaches on him and I think he’s developed a good relationship with Arch and (his dad) Cooper. My goodness going back to his freshman year they’ve been able to start formatting that and he’s been able to Zoom and meet with Coach Saban a number of times. It’s a great program and (Arch) did say many times their strength of conditioning and level of detail, I think that’s the biggest thing, the organization of it and how they do everything. He’s got a great relationship with our strength coach and he likes that stuff and he really likes those nuances at Alabama. He’s been nothing but impressed.”

Manning said as much himself a couple weeks ago.

“It’s just a machine,” Manning said. “Saban he runs a great program and there’s really no loopholes in that, no cutting corners which was amazing.”

Manning also got a chance to visit Tuscaloosa in the summer.

“I went to go see Bryce (Young) in a player run practice and it was cool because there was no coaches on the field and how organized and tight it was with just the players. They get after it and it’s organized and it was cool to watch.

“I’d love to be in a program like that, that organized with Coach Saban, that would be a dream come true.”

I have zero information on any of this. My gut is that Arch goes elsewhere.

Until he came to the Bama/OM game last week, I didn't realize he was only a junior. I thought this was his senior year. He still has another year of HS. I think that is just enough to put us out of the running. I know Saban has a contract ,etc.....but Arch is 6 years away from playing his senior year of college football. I don't think Saban will be here in 6 years. I hope to the 7 pound 4 ounce Baby Jesus in the manager in Bethlehem that he is, but I have my doubts.

I think that plays a role in where he ends up. JMHO

An absolute guess on my part, but if Sark does decent this year and can improve and look better next year....I think he has a real shot. He obviously can coach QB's and offense.

Until he came to the Bama/OM game last week, I didn't realize he was only a junior. I thought this was his senior year. He still has another year of HS. I think that is just enough to put us out of the running. I know Saban has a contract ,etc.....but Arch is 6 years away from playing his senior year of college football. I don't think Saban will be here in 6 years. I hope to the 7 pound 4 ounce Baby Jesus in the manager in Bethlehem that he is, but I have my doubts.

An absolute guess on my part, but if Sark does decent this year and can improve and look better next year....I think he has a real shot. He obviously can coach QB's and offense.

You may be correct, but I'd bet Saban is at Bama longer than Sark is at Texas.

An absolute guess on my part, but if Sark does decent this year and can improve and look better next year....I think he has a real shot. He obviously can coach QB's and

The other thing is ..
How does he feel about competition

I think many of us are not acknowledging what infrastructure CNS has created at 'Bama for players. S&C are state of the art if not innovators of this industry & player student support is outstanding etc. From what I understand Cooper Manning was blown away this last weekend. That means something.

I agree with this also. Manning family has deep ties with OM and OM people usually hate Bama. Not to say they will not get past it but I think that history will cause them to look for alternatives. Long way to go until his signing day and when it is all said and done Saban is the GOAT.

I agree with this also. Manning family has deep ties with OM and OM people usually hate Bama. Not to say they will not get past it but I think that history will cause them to look for alternatives. Long way to go until his signing day and when it is all said and done Saban is the GOAT.

One son went to Tennessee though. They cross me as a more business minded family, not one that makes a decision based on their heart. I could be wrong, but I see Arch going where he could be developed, not where he can stay stagnant and not get better for the sake of it being the hometown team.

By the way, have we ever seen Georgia, Texas, or Ole Miss develop a quarterback?

The other thing is ..
How does he feel about competition
Scared, just like the rest of his family. He hates film work, never pays attention in meetings because of who he is and where he came from, and I've never seen a kid who ignored game plans for his team as badly as Arch. The lack of respect he gets from his high school coach and his teammates tells the whole story.

I still remember sitting up with my daddy on that October night back in 1969 and watching the shoot-out between Scott Hunter and Archie Manning. I can still hear him say , " son that is one heck of a quarterback" in referring to Archie....it would be so ironic on so many levels if Arch came to the Capstone.

Cause Kirby has cool hair?

Because UGA may win the title this year?

They'll sell him on Monken used to throw the ball all over when he was at Oklahoma St maybe?
For the hell of it, let's think about this for a second.

Hair? Good point considering Arch and Peyton. It's a selling point.

May win the title? That's a valid point if we look at the players he'd be playing with: talent abounds.

Monken? Okay...because of the job he did with Brandon Weeden? I don't follow the league closely but I do follow it closely enough to have to ask: was he even over .500 in the league on TD to INT's?

IF they are going to look at Okie State, wouldn't his time at Southern Miss, as head coach, be something they'd consider. 😈

On a serious note, if Monkey is a key with this committment I'd think the Cooper and Arch would pay more attention to his time as OC with the Bucs, or with the Browns. Hell of a resume highlight there.

</slightssarcasm>

Back
Top Bottom