| LIFE Anyone Put Out a Garden?

alabama mike

Just Win Baby!
Last Friday, I was finally able to put out some of my garden here in southern Ohio. We have to wait until the chance of frost and snow have passed. I planted tomato's, sweet corn, green beans and squash. Did anyone else put out a garden this year and what did you plant?

been there...done that...no thanks

i'm not a fan of plowing (yep, actual plowing), raking it all out a few times a year, and picking whatever was planted (beans, potatoes, corn, tomatoes, okra, squash, radish, etc.)

doing that a few years on a half-acre area is NOT fun, to me.

Did anyone else put out a garden this year and what did you plant?
I'm now at six raised beds. My pole beans this season...already at 5' or so...got seven quart bags frozen already and have been eating them for weeks. Four different strains of tomatoes this season...two of okra (a new hybrid plant I'm trying)...peppers, kale (been going for months,) several spices this season...

I'm now at six raised beds. My pole beans this season...already at 5' or so...got seven quart bags frozen already and have been eating them for weeks. Four different strains of tomatoes this season...two of okra (a new hybrid plant I'm trying)...peppers, kale (been going for months,) several spices this season...

I checked my garden yesterday and I have green beans and sweet corn popping through the ground. If the rain holds off, I am going to put out more beans and corn later in the week. I always stagger mine to avoid everything coming in at the same time.

Let's see some pics 😜

That's a different tomato strain I'm trying this year...it's a cherry variety I"ll slice, freeze, and sue for a base throughout the year. Based on production now and what I'll eat? Eight, but likely more, quarts off of that plant.

Wait 'til the Tiny Tots start blooming ... think I shot @Bamabww I pic of those last season. Maybe you as well?
IMG_20200524_080538515_HDR.jpg

That's a different tomato strain I'm trying this year...it's a cherry variety I"ll slice, freeze, and sue for a base throughout the year. Based on production now and what I'll eat? Eight, but likely more, quarts off of that plant.

Wait 'til the Tiny Tots start blooming ... think I shot @Bamabww I pic of those last season. Maybe you as well?
View attachment 13881

damn the tiny tots! is there a plant that can grow tater tots? 'cause that would be awesome!

I bought these seeds from Lowe's about two months ago. The pack was labeled "Bush Beans" but as you can see...

First of three, maybe four, "crops" I'll grow this season. That one section you see (matured) has produced about 10 quarts of beans I've already frozen. I suspect it'll phase itself out about the middle of next month.

3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom