| FTBL Anyone notice the student section ?

I try to be a good student and give my ticket to my friends if I don't attend. Either that or I sell them for face value, knowing that someone will be going to replace my support in BDS.

Don't worry JT, it's not just you, alagator never misses an opportunity to moan about the possibility of an expanded student section.

Also, despite what he says he does disregard the opinion of everyone below an unknown age level (I estimate somewhere around 30+). He even went so far as to label me a "petulant freshman," despite the fact, that I'm not even a freshman. This is to be expected though as the only facts he worries with are his own. He doesn't consider one's like: student tickets sold out in two hours this past spring (and, allegedly, a server was crashed due to the traffic). Which means that there is plenty of demand, just that those who end up with the tickets may have had more pressing matters this weekend. He also keeps questioning why students elected to get this ticket if they knew they couldn't/wouldn't go. Well, I think I speak for all students when I say that we had our entire year planned out when we purchased tickets 7 months ago. So, I'll admit that should have been taken into consideration. Oh wait, it wouldn't have mattered? That's right, student tickets come as a package, so if a student had any desire to attend a game this year they had to get this ticket anyway.

I could go on, but it would be in vain. From here, he will likely do one of two things, a. label me a troll and continue to spread his infinite knowledge to more receptive ears, or b. he will try and crush me with one of his incredible arguments. I would bet on the second. Undoubtedly, he will start by breaking my post apart and addressing individual pieces. He will reject the facts above. Then he will likely proceed by insulting my knowledge of the University, the world, possibly myself, who knows. Then he will triumphantly decree that my argument has no merit, as he did you. That's fine because you know what, there has been no argument here, merely observation's on how he has treated you, me, and other posters, and how he formulates his oh so persuasive arguments. So don't get down, he is just better than us, respect it.

uagrad93 said:
Bamafan19 that to me is the thing to do if you aren't going.

Tell me about it, most people just think it's a status thing to have them. Using them is what's important and supporting your team, even when they're down. I've been at Bama since last Fall, and it still makes me furious to see students leave early when we're up. The Greeks are notorious for this, but I can't really judge fairly since I'm not in a fraternity. I know there are die-hard fans there, but bandwagoning should be outlawed. :lol:

RussB said:
Don't worry JT, it's not just you, alagator never misses an opportunity to moan about the possibility of an expanded student section.

Also, despite what he says he does disregard the opinion of everyone below an unknown age level (I estimate somewhere around 30+). He even went so far as to label me a "petulant freshman," despite the fact, that I'm not even a freshman. This is to be expected though as the only facts he worries with are his own. He doesn't consider one's like: student tickets sold out in two hours this past spring (and, allegedly, a server was crashed due to the traffic). Which means that there is plenty of demand, just that those who end up with the tickets may have had more pressing matters this weekend. He also keeps questioning why students elected to get this ticket if they knew they couldn't/wouldn't go. Well, I think I speak for all students when I say that we had our entire year planned out when we purchased tickets 7 months ago. So, I'll admit that should have been taken into consideration. Oh wait, it wouldn't have mattered? That's right, student tickets come as a package, so if a student had any desire to attend a game this year they had to get this ticket anyway.

I could go on, but it would be in vain. From here, he will likely do one of two things, a. label me a troll and continue to spread his infinite knowledge to more receptive ears, or b. he will try and crush me with one of his incredible arguments. I would bet on the second. Undoubtedly, he will start by breaking my post apart and addressing individual pieces. He will reject the facts above. Then he will likely proceed by insulting my knowledge of the University, the world, possibly myself, who knows. Then he will triumphantly decree that my argument has no merit, as he did you. That's fine because you know what, there has been no argument here, merely observation's on how he has treated you, me, and other posters, and how he formulates his oh so persuasive arguments. So don't get down, he is just better than us, respect it.

Thank you for the kind words. It hasn't gotten me down in any way. I just wanted to shine a small light to the student's side. After all, nobody really knows the reason they have for leaving. I really don't understand why everyone hates the student section so much, just as many "alumni" leave the game early, but when one or five thousand people leave from a group of 88,000, it is not as noticeable, but when 1,000 leave a small section, then it is much more noticeable. I know that when I was still a student, the upper decks would empty before anything else, then there are the Tide Pride members that sell their tickets to opposing fans, but no "consequences" come from that. The students have only around four years to enjoy being a student at UA, but some apparently don't want you to enjoy it as much as possible. I know I went to games for the first half and then left to go to work. I got to do what I was able to do and made the most of it. Not going to apologize for it either. Have a nice night everyone and Roll Tide.

Back
Top Bottom