| BSB/SB Anyone know of any Travel Baseball message forums In Georgia

BamaFan334

Does anyone here live in Georgia and know or have access to any travel baseball forums?

We are looking to add a few players to our roster and having a tough time locating solid ball players near our area (Madison, Georgia). If anyone knows of any 9U kids looking to play for a top organization and compete, any reference or help is appreciated.

I'm not familiar with this end of the game, but I'll tell you what I thought when reading this.

A travel team has expenses, therefore some kind of budget.
Start a Facebook group page for the team.
Run a promoted post that's specific to the Madison area. It's not that expensive.

I've run dozens over the last few years for several different products/businesses. Across the board, in a range from books about management to local restaurants, on average I see about $10 per 1000 impressions. Sharing would be your key here.

🤷‍♂️

I'm not familiar with this end of the game, but I'll tell you what I thought when reading this.

A travel team has expenses, therefore some kind of budget.
Start a Facebook group page for the team.
Run a promoted post that's specific to the Madison area. It's not that expensive.

I've run dozens over the last few years for several different products/businesses. Across the board, in a range from books about management to local restaurants, on average I see about $10 per 1000 impressions. Sharing would be your key here.

🤷‍♂️

What is an impression? Just views? Are you able to target the Madison area and surrounding areas if I gave you city names to create more of an area? I may be willing to pay you to do something like that for me.

If your playing usssa or nations, you can go on there sites and post that you are looking to add players. Been several years since i was involved in travel ball. We traveled and played all over the southeast and Texas.

Does anyone here live in Georgia and know or have access to any travel baseball forums?

We are looking to add a few players to our roster and having a tough time locating solid ball players near our area (Madison, Georgia). If anyone knows of any 9U kids looking to play for a top organization and compete, any reference or help is appreciated.
There are usually Facebook groups for an area that will let you post directly to them without having to pay. My nieces fiance spent some time in the Dodger org and is now teaching pitching as well as coaching travel ball. He does that a lot of times to get the info out. Then you can go with Terry's idea too, just pay for targeted ads.

If your playing usssa or nations, you can go on there sites and post that you are looking to add players. Been several years since i was involved in travel ball. We traveled and played all over the southeast and Texas.

Nice, thanks man. We just started with an organization called Five Star Team Georgia. USSSA and Perfect Game are the goals, so that would be great if I can get on there. Thanks for the information.

There are usually Facebook groups for an area that will let you post directly to them without having to pay. My nieces fiance spent some time in the Dodger org and is now teaching pitching as well as coaching travel ball. He does that a lot of times to get the info out. Then you can go with Terry's idea too, just pay for targeted ads.

Where does he teach location wise out of curiosity? My son is wanting to learn to pitch. It was the one position I never played outside of coach telling me to get out there and hit the mitt as a kid a few times just due to my abilities when he needed someone to get the job done. I just never went forward with it as a was a better middle infielder, so I can't really teach my son any of the mechanics of the position.

Where does he teach location wise out of curiosity? My son is wanting to learn to pitch. It was the one position I never played outside of coach telling me to get out there and hit the mitt as a kid a few times just due to my abilities when he needed someone to get the job done. I just never went forward with it as a was a better middle infielder, so I can't really teach my son any of the mechanics of the position.
Columbus GA / Phenix City AL Area

What is an impression? Just views? Are you able to target the Madison area and surrounding areas if I gave you city names to create more of an area? I may be willing to pay you to do something like that for me.
The number of times your content appears on someone's screen.

Rock brings up a point, but I assumed you'd have already known about community groups. Around here there's one for W. Ashley, Goose Creek, et. al. Some of those will allow you to post "ads," some won't, depends on the community leader and whether or not they consider this an ad.

There's no long term commitment to their ad program so if you want to spend $10 a week for three weeks just to gauge its reach it's easily done.

Their demographics can be defined quite easily:
  • By location: IE: 25 miles surrounding Madison.
  • Age groups: IE: 9u would lead me to 30-60 (include grandparents.)
  • Income
  • Likes (sports, outdoors, etc.)
...and you can delve deeper into that as well.

FWIW, if you did both, you'll be able to see Organic and Paid reach...

The number of times your content appears on someone's screen.

Rock brings up a point, but I assumed you'd have already known about community groups. Around here there's one for W. Ashley, Goose Creek, et. al. Some of those will allow you to post "ads," some won't, depends on the community leader and whether or not they consider this an ad.

There's no long term commitment to their ad program so if you want to spend $10 a week for three weeks just to gauge its reach it's easily done.

Their demographics can be defined quite easily:
  • By location: IE: 25 miles surrounding Madison.
  • Age groups: IE: 9u would lead me to 30-60 (include grandparents.)
  • Income
  • Likes (sports, outdoors, etc.)
...and you can delve deeper into that as well.

FWIW, if you did both, you'll be able to see Organic and Paid reach...

I haven't been on Facebook in probably ten year, so would need to take a look at it. I am interested in letting you work a little something for me to test it like you stated. You offering that service or just telling me it can be done?

Back
Top Bottom