Anybody got any opinions one way or another on Toyota Tacomas?

I have a 2007 Tacoma double cab, V6 and love it. Everyday driving I get 21 mpg. It increases about 3 mpg on long trips. I've owned a 2004 Tundra V8 also and loved it. It would average 17 mpg but lots more room and power. The ride was incredible for a truck. The Tacoma isn't bad either but the Tundra was exceptional. In recent years they have '"supersized" the Tundra and it is a much bigger truck than the one I owned. In 2006 I was selling a 1978 Ford truck for my father-in-law and a guy stopped by my house one day to look at it. He asked if the Tundra was for sale and I said not really. He asked if he could drive it and when he returned offered almost as much as I paid for the Tundra new. I sold it to him and bought the Tacoma.

I have about 124k miles on the Tacoma still with the original spark plugs. The front brakes were replaced at 121k. The battery lasted 5 years. The only other maintenance I've ever done was balance and rotate the tires and change the oil every 5k miles. Filled it up yesterday and got 21.7 mpg on the last tank. I've learned from owning a Tundra and a Tacoma that the key to good gas milage is to hold the rpms to 2k or less. It really makes a difference.

I'd buy another one if I had the need.

Toyotas last forever. My uncle has an 18 year old Tacoma, my parents have 1988 and 1993 Camrys that run like new and are over 300,000 miles each, my brother and I both have Toyotas (1997 and 2007), etc. It's great cuz dad knows the ins and outs of Toyota cars now and can fix 'em up if need be, so we've learned how as well. Toyotas last forever though. Highly recommend them. My next car will probably be a Toyota Tacoma or Tundra.

Definitely want to get one... hoping they will have some decent sales of some sort near Christmas. I'm not in a huge hurry, but the longer I wait, the more likely my current 13+ yearly truck is going to need repairs that I don't want to spend $ on.

I have a 2010 Highlander with a 4 cylinder engine. Everyone i know tells me the Toyota 4 cylinder engines are legendary. Another friend of mine told me he didnt have to get his brakes worked on until after he had over 100000 miles on his Toyota. I think it would be safe to say everyone i know that has Toyotas are very pleased with the service and reliability they get including myself.

Back
Top Bottom