| FTBL Any word On Jameson’s knee?

There are guys they are targeting via transfer. Also, the new signees have a ton potential. Saban is putting an emphasis on speed at the WR position, he's seen the last 2-3 years what a weapon it can be.

We have two guys in Anderson and Preston potentially in line for a five star bump. They absolutely killed it during All-Star season. Speed as you said. Not big in size, but could not be guarded.

If he couldn't get on the field last night, probably a good sign that he's on the outside looking in next season. I agree he would be a portal candidate.

On the other hand... It's amazing what 1 game can do in terms of Hall! Probably has a completely different taste in his mouth going into the offseason than he did just last week.

It makes little sense for Metchie to hit the draft now, unless he's just dead set on getting paid ASAP. He's got a real chance to be "The Man" and come out bigger & more healthy after a great year. JW has put so much explosiveness and game changing ability on tape that he's still got a ton of value. Probably not 1st round value now, but could def see someone using a 2nd round pick on him, even if he's siting next season.

These young cats will get better quickly when they get the snaps. Earle has game breaking potential. I think Holden has some Hanks like potential with his dependability. Brooks might indeed be the next special one! They just need some aging & experience!

There is very little chance that Jameson went from a Top 10 pick to a second round pick after the injury. 10 years ago? Sure but he'll be back to new before training camp.

Hope you're right. Buuuut - He lost value. And surely won't be 100% in July

There's no way to know that right now, but I'd bet he lost very, very little if any. Teams will get their own medical check on him. He doesn't need the combine, he has enough testing numbers already, and he has more than enough on tape. But if the medicals check out, which they should based the statement from yesterday, he'll be fine.

*Had

We'll see what happens moving forward.
Caleb Farley has dealt with two back problems since 2019. He had surgery on his L5 but chose to let another disc "heal itself" (S1, original injury) back in '19. He was having issues that season with spasms. Just this past year he missed pro day workouts because he reaggravated his S1 and had a procedure done for disc herniation. Oh, by the way, he also torn his ACL and underwent reconstruction back in '17.

All that to say he was a first round pick this past draft with all of those injuries: the back area being more important for a DB than the knee.

We just saw what happened to Waddle's ankle and his subsequent draft status. Ankle, versus knee and quickness and cutting ability versus speed.

BTW, Farley didn't even play in 2020.

Caleb Farley has dealt with two back problems since 2019. He had surgery on his L5 but chose to let another disc "heal itself" (S1, original injury) back in '19. He was having issues that season with spasms. Just this past year he missed pro day workouts because he reaggravated his S1 and had a procedure done for disc herniation. Oh, by the way, he also torn his ACL and underwent reconstruction back in '17.

All that to say he was a first round pick this past draft with all of those injuries: the back area being more important for a DB than the knee.

We just saw what happened to Waddle's ankle and his subsequent draft status. Ankle, versus knee and quickness and cutting ability versus speed.

All good info! You think he goes top 10 after the injury as previously expected?

Your info gives me more confidence he can still be a 1st rounder - But we know there's a big difference between #6 & #22. The GM's picking in the top 10 are either on the hot seat or trying to make a 1st impression. Drafting a guy who isn't fully healthy going into training camp isn't great for the PR campaign under those circumstances.... Not to mention the need for an instance difference maker oppose to a team coming off a playoff run.

Farley only lasted 2 games in the NFL before going down again for the season. He’s had a rough go. I’m surprised the Titans took him so high, it was a risky pick. Waddle has been worth the pick for sure, but completely different injury.

L5 and S1 are names for the actual vertebrae, not the discs. They are next to each other, so this probably means he's herniated discs on either side of the L5, which would be L4-L5 above and L5-S1 below. Based on the size of the rupture, you can have multiple surgeries on the same disc if it recurs.

RTR,

Tim

All good info! You think he goes top 10 after the injury as previously expected?

Your info gives me more confidence he can still be a 1st rounder
I have no clue how he'll end up. The post about Caleb was more to show how fickle the draft can be on players coming off of an injury. I haven't read a mock draft; just heard references to positions. Brandon knows a few in the industry. I'd defer to what he's hearing.

Back
Top Bottom