| OT Any members here in the Jackson, MS area? Deion Sanders: "Jax State in a crisis mode."

TerryP

Staff
I can't identify with what's going on there other than comparisons to the aftermath of a Hurricane. Hope any of you guys in the area are "wading" through this. 🙏

Jackson State football coach Deion Sanders on Tuesday said in an Instagram video that his program and players are now "in crisis mode" when it comes to grappling with the multiple water problems that have afflicted Mississippi's capital city in the past week.

Parts of Jackson were without running water Tuesday because flooding exacerbated longstanding problems in one of two water-treatment plants. The city of 150,000 had already been under a boil-water notice for a month because the Health Department found cloudy water that could cause digestive problems. Now, residents are also faced with too much water on the ground after the heavy rainfall in the past week, and not enough safe water coming through the pipes for people to use.

"We've been hit with a little crisis in the city of Jackson," Sanders said in the video. " We don't have water; water means we don't have air conditioning. We can't use toilets. We don't have water, therefore we don't have ice, which pretty much places a burden on the program. So right now we're operating in crisis mode."

Jackson State University brought in temporary restrooms for students, and Sanders said the water crisis has left his players without drinking water and unable to flush toilets or take showers at their practice facility. In the Instagram video, Sanders -- also known as Coach Prime -- said he wanted to move players into a hotel so they could shower.

"I got to get these kids off campus ... into a hotel and accommodate them so that they can shower properly and take care of their needs, make sure all our kids are fed and all our kids have the necessities of life for the next several days until this crisis subsides," Sanders said. "That's where we're operating in right now."

Link to the ESPN write-up.

Hitting the hotels and motels for fresh, clean water. That's natural disaster, post Hurricane vibes.

I can't identify with what's going on there other than comparisons to the aftermath of a Hurricane. Hope any of you guys in the area are "wading" through this. 🙏

Jackson State football coach Deion Sanders on Tuesday said in an Instagram video that his program and players are now "in crisis mode" when it comes to grappling with the multiple water problems that have afflicted Mississippi's capital city in the past week.

Parts of Jackson were without running water Tuesday because flooding exacerbated longstanding problems in one of two water-treatment plants. The city of 150,000 had already been under a boil-water notice for a month because the Health Department found cloudy water that could cause digestive problems. Now, residents are also faced with too much water on the ground after the heavy rainfall in the past week, and not enough safe water coming through the pipes for people to use.

"We've been hit with a little crisis in the city of Jackson," Sanders said in the video. " We don't have water; water means we don't have air conditioning. We can't use toilets. We don't have water, therefore we don't have ice, which pretty much places a burden on the program. So right now we're operating in crisis mode."

Jackson State University brought in temporary restrooms for students, and Sanders said the water crisis has left his players without drinking water and unable to flush toilets or take showers at their practice facility. In the Instagram video, Sanders -- also known as Coach Prime -- said he wanted to move players into a hotel so they could shower.

"I got to get these kids off campus ... into a hotel and accommodate them so that they can shower properly and take care of their needs, make sure all our kids are fed and all our kids have the necessities of life for the next several days until this crisis subsides," Sanders said. "That's where we're operating in right now."

Link to the ESPN write-up.

Hitting the hotels and motels for fresh, clean water. That's natural disaster, post Hurricane vibes.
Great he's on top of it, but what about students on campus?

he's not wearing slides, he's wearing house slippers lol

Besides that, I think what he's doing is great, those kids need to hear that, quit being a punk and act like a representative of your school. I bet that would have never crossed the minds of 99% of today's college athlete

Like my momma yusta say , do like I say. Not like I do.
Do you guys not distinguish the difference between a coach and players in the field house and a player in a classroom?

Fine. Terry, I don't know if this is what you mean (or maybe the complete opposite), but I'm thinking...The players are never going to see Coach Saban dressed like that when he's telling others not to wear and/or do whatever. Like BAMAneck said, model what you're preaching/insisting.

Fine. Terry, I don't know if this is what you mean (or maybe the complete opposite), but I'm thinking...The players are never going to see Coach Saban dressed like that when he's telling others not to wear and/or do whatever. Like BAMAneck said, model what you're preaching/insisting.
Follow my thinking here.

Do you remember when Fran and Finis got into it about carpet in the athletic building? Cleat damage was a big culprit. Players are changing shoes going into the meeting room and I suspect he does as well. I'd be shocked if he wasn't wearing cleats. Even if he isn't I imagine he has practice shoes versus shoes he wears outside of the building. I don't see him dressed that way in his office.

I am about 90 miles north of Jax. Got lots of acquaintances in Jax. Worst situation is the water supply. Nasty. Really not even acceptable to bathe/shower in. They are bringing in crews from surrounding areas to try and address it but the public works infrastructure in Jax has been horrible for a long time. Long line of crooked pols on both sides of the aisle have created this situation

Follow my thinking here.

Do you remember when Fran and Finish got into it about carpet in the athletic building? Cleat damage was a big culprit. Players are changing shoes going into the meeting room and I suspect he does as well. I'd be shocked if he wasn't wearing cleats. Even if he isn't I imagine he has practice shoes versus shoes he wears outside of the building. I don't see him dressed that way in his office.

You're not wrong; in fact, you've made a good point. I guess I'm just spoiled. Coach Saban would have found a different way to dress...say pants and regular shoes.

Back
Top Bottom