| FTBL Any injury reports for Bama yet?

We won't really know until tomorrow afternoon... though it appears McCoy's (hamstring) was the most serious. Ingram (bruised knee supposedly) probably isn't anything that should keep him out of action this week.

Porter said:
We won't really know until tomorrow afternoon... though it appears McCoy's (hamstring) was the most serious. Ingram (bruised knee supposedly) probably isn't anything that should keep him out of action this week.

Porter/others,

What do you guys attribute our good fortune to regarding injuries this season? Is it the strength and conditioning program? Is it the constant rotation of players? Lucky?

What say you?

bamafan4ever said:
Porter said:

Porter/others,

What do you guys attribute our good fortune to regarding injuries this season? Is it the strength and conditioning program? Is it the constant rotation of players? Lucky?

What say you?

A lot of it is probably just luck. One reason we don't have a lot of guys hurt in practice is because of the thud tackling and some other measures that the staff takes. A good S&C program can help reduce some things like separated shoulders and such, but can't do much for concussions, broken fingers, etc. Knee braces and good tape jobs can reduce knee and ankle injuries, but they are not fool proof by any means. Andre got dinged up with a knee sprain earlier, and that was with a brace on. Who knows if it might have been much worse without that brace though.

I've always held the belief that a deeper roster (more guys in the playing rotation) corresponds with fewer serious injuries, but I have no data to back that up. It is just a hypothesis that I've held for years.

Back
Top Bottom