Any contractors on here?

Argo

I'm going to get some quotes from area contractors, but I'm wondering if anyone here could help me out with construction rates.

I'm looking to add a 1000 square addition on my house. Most likely 1 master bedroom w/bath, one bedroom and one family room. I would like to get a ballpark estimate.

I grew up in construction, but I'm not current on costs. I can tell you a few things, in considering the design, that will significantly affect the cost. The pitch of the roof system, whether the addition will be on a crawlspace or slab foundation, eight or nine foot ceilings (or vaulted), what type HVAC will be needed (ducted or can you get away with two "motel" type heat pumps?), or if a separate hot water heater is needed or tied into the current hot water.

Good Luck,

Tim

I grew up in construction, but I'm not current on costs. I can tell you a few things, in considering the design, that will significantly affect the cost. The pitch of the roof system, whether the addition will be on a crawlspace or slab foundation, eight or nine foot ceilings (or vaulted), what type HVAC will be needed (ducted or can you get away with two "motel" type heat pumps?), or if a separate hot water heater is needed or tied into the current hot water.

Good Luck,

Tim

The roof is going to be on a 5 or 6 pitch. Complete block foundation and 8 foot ceilings, not vaulted. I actually bought a house built in the 20's so I've already had to do a lot of work to it myself. Very solid house though. 3/4 inch tongue and groove on floors, walls and ceilings. No stud finding when hanging new sheet rock.

I'm really just looking at adding 1000 square feet with just the block work and drying it in. I believe the most difficult part of the job will be tying the new roof into the existing roof.

I only paid 30,000 for the house and only owe a few more payments on it. I'm going to have around 10,000 to work with and I'm wondering how far it's going to take me. Because the house is almost paid off, I'm not interested in refinancing to borrow money.

Back
Top Bottom