| NEWS Antonio Brown tells Julio Jones ‘to look up the stats’- AL.com

B

Bama News

Wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins, traded this month by the Houston Texans to the Arizona Cardinals, has been a first-team All-Pro wide receiver each of the past three seasons. Michael Thomas of the New Orleans Saints has joined Hopkins on the All-Pro first team the past two seasons and set an NFL single-season record with 149 receptions in 2019.

But when Antonio Brown, despite having played only once in the 2019 season and with no team affiliation at this time, decided on Instagram Live to declare himself “the best receiver in the game,” he singled out Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones as the player he’d put down to build himself up.

A sixth-round draft choice from Central Michigan in 2010 NFL Draft, Brown has caught 841 passes for 11,263 yards and 75 touchdowns in 131 regular-season games and 51 passes for 837 yards and four touchdowns in 10 postseason contests.

A first-round draft choice from Alabama in the 2011 NFL Draft, Jones has caught 797 passes for 12,125 yards and 57 touchdowns in 126 regular-season games and 61 passes for 834 yards and six touchdowns in eight postseason contests.

Brown has received six Pro Bowl invitations and been selected first-team All-Pro four times.

Jones has received seven Pro Bowl invitations and been selected first-team All-Pro twice.

Jones has spent his entire career with the Falcons.

Brown had played solely for the Pittsburgh Steelers until being traded to the Oakland Raiders last offseason. But Brown was released without ever playing for Oakland after a series of disputes and disciplinary incidents. Picked up by the New England Patriots, Brown played in one game in the 2019 season before being released in the wake of allegations of sexual misconduct. In January, Brown was accused of assaulting a moving-truck driver.

When Tom Brady left the New England Patriots after 20 seasons to join the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in free agency this month, there were reports that he wanted his new team to add Brown. Tampa Bay coach Bruce Arians worked with Brown for two seasons as the Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator.

“It’s not going to happen,” Arians said during a Thursday appearance on CBS Sports Network’s “Tiki and Tierney.” “There’s no room. And probably not enough money. But it’s not going to happen. It’s not a fit here. … I just know him, and it’s not a fit in our locker room.”

One is one of the highest paid and most respected receivers in the NFL. The other is an unemployed weirdo. You do the math. And do you know who will not give one solid single F about this? Julio. He's busy worrying about actually getting ready for next season, while Brown is worried about staying outta jail. He just buries himself further when he does stupid shit like this.

The sad thing is that Jerry Jeudy has been hanging out and training with Brown. No doubt Brown has talent, but his behavior is something to stay very far away from and I hope he doesn't poison Jerry before his career even takes off. Julio is a team player and Brown is a Team Me guy, so he's not the guy I would prefer Jeudy be around. Of course he's out of work and probably a lot easier to locate than Julio.

The sad thing is that Jerry Jeudy has been hanging out and training with Brown. No doubt Brown has talent, but his behavior is something to stay very far away from and I hope he doesn't poison Jerry before his career even takes off. Julio is a team player and Brown is a Team Me guy, so he's not the guy I would prefer Jeudy be around. Of course he's out of work and probably a lot easier to locate than Julio.

IMO there should never be an Alabama receiver that ever comes out and doesn't immediately try to latch on to working with Julio, even if just for a short time. There is certainly plenty Jeudy can learn from AB on the field but there isn't a whole hell of a lot he can learn from him off it.

Could be said there is more to learn from Antonio than not. Up to Jerry to determine what those are. I don't see him letting the negative have a negative influence.

IMO there should never be an Alabama receiver that ever comes out and doesn't immediately try to latch on to working with Julio, even if just for a short time. There is certainly plenty Jeudy can learn from AB on the field but there isn't a whole hell of a lot he can learn from him off it.

Completely agree. I believe Calvin did exactly as you said, and then luckily got drafted by the Falcons. I want to say Amari did the same. My concern is that just that nasty off the field attitude from Brown seeps into that on the field training and mentality if you know what I mean. Highly doubt he's intelligent enough to separate the two.

Could be said there is more to learn from Antonio than not. Up to Jerry to determine what those are. I don't see him letting the negative have a negative influence.

I'd like to think you're right, but at 20 years old I doubt Jerry is keeping Antonio Brown close to learn from his mistakes considering he's slap dab in the middle of his issues. I'm guessing he's more star struck and think he's learning from one of the greats and it an opportunity. For his best, I hope this is strictly professional.

@BamaFan334 What has Jerry done in 3 years at Alabama that leads you to doubt him? Don't know why you're throwing shade at him.

You're not even giving the young man the benefit of the doubt.

Oh because every bad seed in the NFL was also bad in college. I'm not throwing shade as you put it, just hoping a bad person doesn't rub off on a good one. Why you trying to start something over a simple remark about the company he is keeping? Would you want your kid hanging out with Antonio Brown of all people? Even knowing they haven't give you any trouble? I'll wait.

#hurtfeelings?

Doubt the man when he's given you reason. You seem to have already made your mind up that he's going to be tainted.

They're both from Miami right? Antonio was arguably the best WR in the NFL for many years, there is a lot of learn from the guy. Hell, even the poor decisions by Antonio are something to learn a lesson from.

I'm trying to start something...lol, are you kidding? Read what you posted above. This thread wasn't even about Jerry, you interjected him into this thread and took a pessimistic view.

Would I want my kid hanging out with him? I'd hope I gave my kid enough lessons by now that he'd be man enough to make his own decisions about to hang around with.

Hurt feelings? Not at all, just not sure why you're disrespecting someone who's given you no reason to.

Last edited:
Doubt the man when he's given you reason. You seem to have already made your mind up that he's going to be tainted.

They're both from Miami right? Antonio was arguably the best WR in the NFL for many years, there is a lot of learn from the guy. Hell, even the poor decisions by Antonio are something to learn a lesson from.

I'm trying to start something...lol, are you kidding? Read what you posted above. This thread wasn't even about Jerry, you interjected him into this thread and took a pessimistic view.

Would I want my kid hanging out with him? I'd hope I gave my kid enough lessons by now that he'd be man enough to make his own decisions about to hang around with.

Hurt feelings? Not at all, just not sure why you're disrespecting someone who's given you no reason to.

Dude, just be quiet. You're clearly taking this to a level even you can't make sense of. I simply made a comment about Jeudy hanging out with a bad apple and hoped he doesn't take on any bad traits. I don't give a shit what he does or who he hangs out with, I just hope he has a successful career. Take your self-righteous whatever arguement you're trying to splatter here and move on.

Back
Top Bottom