| FTBL Andre Smith Pancakes

G

andre1-1.jpg

I don't know about this. I could see one or two organizations getting in an uproar over the racial reminder inferred by this--you know, the whole Aunt Jemima flap revisited.

I like it, though. Too bad folks are too dang sensitive these days.

bear facts said:
I don't know about this. I could see one or two organizations getting in an uproar over the racial reminder inferred by this--you know, the whole Aunt Jemima flap revisited.

I just see one hell of a football player! Best thing is he wears crimson! :wink:

bear facts said:

Exactly what does Andre Smith pancakes have to do with an image of a black female stereotype from the early 19th century?

Seriously. The only relation is that he is black and that has absolutely no bearing on the subject of the fark...The pic is not a caricature, it is a team photo...it could be Wesley Britt pancakes and not make any difference.

Sometimes people dig so hard to find something to be PC about that it makes me want to puke. I think I will go watch old reruns of Tom and Jerry with the "Mammy" just to feel cleaner.

Big_Fan said:
bear facts said:

Exactly what does Andre Smith pancakes have to do with an image of a black female stereotype from the early 19th century?

Seriously. The only relation is that he is black and that has absolutely no bearing on the subject of the fark...The pic is not a caricature, it is a team photo...it could be Wesley Britt pancakes and not make any difference.

Sometimes people dig so hard to find something to be PC about that it makes me want to puke. I think I will go watch old reruns of Tom and Jerry with the "Mammy" just to feel cleaner.

I didn't say I was offended by it, but I'm sure there are those that would be.

Back
Top Bottom