| MBB/WBB Alabama Men’s Basketball Suffers 71-53 Home Loss to Florida

Ohhh, a little testy are we. I find it of no consequence that Terry and I have shoved statistics in your face for the last month it feels and you continue to ramble on and on about your feelings for the program.

Dwell on this statistic Statboy: Florida 71 vs Alabama 53

I have never hid from your bullshit comments. You're older, think you're wiser than everyone on this board, and a lot of the time you make good points, but your disdain for Alabama basketball is not warranted and cannot be defended whether you believe you're the all knowing or not. Take a seat and put your checkerboard overalls on.

Cecil Hurt seems to have the "same disdain" these days about Avery Johnson and Alabama basketball that TUSKtimes is expressing. Tell us your innermost feelings about those comments of our program?

Dwell on this statistic Statboy: Florida 71 vs Alabama 53

Cecil Hurt seems to have the "same disdain" these days about Avery Johnson and Alabama basketball that TUSKtimes is expressing. Tell us your innermost feelings about those comments of our program?

I believe I have been very outspoken lately about our lack of effort against Mississippi State and I only saw a tick of the Florida game while driving, so I feel the same about that. I have been vocal about us not being a Final Four team, but I feel we are a tournament team. The last two games have sucked, no doubt or argument there with anyone. Pretty cute you threw that in my face, because I could throw this one right back at you... Alabama 77 - Kentucky 75. You know that team that just beat your Vols by 18.

And I don't know Cecil Hurt. I do not read him, know anything about him, nor do I care what he has to say. We all know how crazy the media is today and that they post anything to get clicks, so I will continue to go off the stats and my own eyes to get an opinion.

I believe I have been very outspoken lately about our lack of effort against Mississippi State and I only saw a tick of the Florida game while driving, so I feel the same about that. I have been vocal about us not being a Final Four team, but I feel we are a tournament team. The last two games have sucked, no doubt or argument there with anyone. Pretty cute you threw that in my face, because I could throw this one right back at you... Alabama 77 - Kentucky 75.

The Kentucky loss can't be thrown in my face. I was rooting for Bama as hard as anyone. And it looks like you're also agreeing with everything I too saw and said about Miss State and Florida. So, what's your beef with me?

You know that team that just beat your Vols by 18.

Oh, there's your beef. Still throwing mud. Children, what can you do?

And I don't know Cecil Hurt. I do not read him, know anything about him, nor do I care what he has to say. We all know how crazy the media is today and that they post anything to get clicks, so I will continue to go off the stats and my own eyes to get an opinion.

Let me give you a quick introduction to THE beat writer for the University of Alabama concerning all things sports. The guy that knows if he misspeaks about anything related to any sport related topic he gets taken to the mat by the coaches in question. The guy that so measures his words because he knows jobs can be easily at stake when he speaks. That Cecil Hurts. And so far your stats aren't making much of an impression with the way he sees Alabama basketball after that abortion of an effort against Florida.

The Kentucky loss can't be thrown in my face. I was rooting for Bama as hard as anyone. And it looks like you're also agreeing with everything I too saw and said about Miss State and Florida. So, what's your beef with me?

Oh, there's your beef. Still throwing mud. Children, what can you do?

Let me give you a quick introduction to THE beat writer for the University of Alabama concerning all things sports. The guy that knows if he misspeaks about anything related to any sport related topic he gets taken to the mat by the coaches in question. The guy that so measures his words because he knows jobs can be easily at stake when he speaks. That Cecil Hurts. And so far your stats aren't making much of an impression with the way he sees Alabama basketball after that abortion of an effort against Florida.

I said those two games, not the entire season or anything about the health of our program. I fully expected our guys to lose 10-12 games this year, so I'm not upset with the progressions we've seen in scoring, beating ranked teams, and simply being competitive in 95% of the games we've played.

Childish? A guy screaming as if the walls are closing in after two bad games and a few very close ones is being childish. You were using Tennessee and Rick Barnes as your crutch against our team, so how is it childish for me to throw that back in your face when we also had them beat and gave them the game? You seemingly only want to root for our team when they win and kick them when they are down. That's not a true fan, that's called a bandwagon fan. You can continue chirping all you want, but statistics show this team is better than years before.

So you think one guy, not even an employee of the University of Alabama or a high dollar booster has the clout to get a coach fired or sway a decision by our AD and board by posting a Tweet or writing an article? Please! He may be the beat writer and respected, but that doesn't mean the guy is so pointed and perfected that he can't talk out of his ass every so often. Once again, means absolutely fucking zero to me.

Childish? A guy screaming as if the walls are closing in after two bad games and a few very close ones is being childish. You were using Tennessee and Rick Barnes as your crutch against our team, so how is it childish for me to throw that back in your face when we also had them beat and gave them the game?

Junior, it only feels like I'm screaming at you. Go back and reread when your nice and calm. What you are really experiencing, emotionally speaking, is the acumentive weight of the overwhelming facts blowing your diminutive stats out of the water.

You seemingly only want to root for our team when they win and kick them when they are down.

Did I misread this or are you once again including me in "our" team?

You can continue chirping all you want, but statistics show this team is better than years before.

The squad is better than most REC teams too. But that's not really the point, right?

So you think one guy, not even an employee of the University of Alabama or a high dollar booster has the clout to get a coach fired or sway a decision by our AD and board by posting a Tweet or writing an article? Please! He may be the beat writer and respected, but that doesn't mean the guy is so pointed and perfected that he can't talk out of his ass every so often. Once again, means absolutely fucking zero to me.

Well, there's some more mudslinging logic if I ever heard any. "Buckle Up" 334, I got a feeling you will be in dire need of a whole lot more of your neat statistics before this rodeo is over.

Junior, it only feels like I'm screaming at you. Go back and reread when your nice and calm. What you are really experiencing, emotionally speaking, is the acumentive weight of the overwhelming facts blowing your diminutive stats out of the water.

Did I misread this or are you once again including me in "our" team?

The squad is better than most REC teams too. But that's not really the point, right?

Well, there's some more mudslinging logic if I ever heard any. "Buckle Up" 334, I got a feeling you will be in dire need of a whole lot more of your neat statistics before this rodeo is over.

I think you have me confused with your misleading point of view on this entire deal. There is no mud slinging because everything I have commented against was in you very own words over the last month. I cannot help you think you're the know all be all, but seemingly can't handle a discussion where you are proven wrong. You cannot handle facts, statistics, anything tangible because it proves your sideways measurements out of the water. Once again, not going to continue talking to a wall that cannot absorb facts, only tries bouncing back garbage. Once that statistics bounce in your favor, then we may see eye to eye, but until then, you'll just have to settle for being in second place in this discussion behind 1A and 1B, Terry and myself.

Think we found out who wrote that University of Alabama tweet that caught so much negative attention...

I think you have me confused with your misleading point of view on this entire deal. There is no mud slinging because everything I have commented against was in you very own words over the last month. I cannot help you think you're the know all be all, but seemingly can't handle a discussion where you are proven wrong. You cannot handle facts, statistics, anything tangible because it proves your sideways measurements out of the water. Once again, not going to continue talking to a wall that cannot absorb facts, only tries bouncing back garbage. Once that statistics bounce in your favor, then we may see eye to eye, but until then, you'll just have to settle for being in second place in this discussion behind 1A and 1B, Terry and myself.

Think we found out who wrote that University of Alabama tweet that caught so much negative attention...

Well 334, I tried to warn you about bringing that weak sauce to a gunfight. I still love yeah, in a Philia kind of way.

Well 334, I tried to warn you about bringing that weak sauce to a gunfight. I still love yeah.

Your pellet gun ain't getting the job done squirt. I still find it funny we're in the discussion for the tournament considering you think the walls are closing in. Must be doing something right. Guessing those statistics you speak ill of are actually providing hope to many other professionals in the business that think our team is a solid team.

Your pellet gun ain't getting the job done squirt. I still find it funny we're in the discussion for the tournament considering you think the walls are closing in. Must be doing something right. Guessing those statistics you speak ill of are actually providing hope to many other professionals in the business that think our team is a solid team.

Don't you mean, Cecil Hurt and TUSKtimes pellet gun ain't getting the job done?

Pawwwlllll shot down Mark (along with Mark night putting on a closed course) and Cecil put a big dent on Mike We're Close Shula as well in 2006. Hopefully Avery will find something he likes better than attempting to coach in college BB. He has been easier to take than that fraud Anthony Grant for sure. We'll see. It's very possible that Bruce (I'm grilling but don't tell anybody) Pearl will come to T-town and put the final nail in Avery's deal.

“There are lies, damn lies and statistical lies”

Is the SEC better this year? Yes

Are we better this year than last? Collectively I guess but if we miss NCAA Tournament were we really better? Statistically maybe.

Have we played like schitt while being out hustled, out executed and out coached in the last 2 games when we are at a most critical time of the season? No F’ng doubt!

I’m not a basketball scout, (played thru HS and worked out with our JC team for a bit) but I don’t see all the talent that some of you keep speaking off. I do think we play hard, but very often not smart and we have only 2-3 guys that can create on offense and even they are inconsistent game to game (Petty). Haven’t we signed a few good classes? Besides Lewis, what other freshmen have contributed?

@TUSKtimes this entire thread reads a lot like your comments on Jalen last summer. The criticisms were all over the place. And, when one was debunked you quickly move the goal post and went in a different direction.

Is the SEC better this year? Yes

Are we better this year than last? Collectively I guess but if we miss NCAA Tournament were we really better? Statistically maybe.

Have we played like schitt while being out hustled, out executed and out coached in the last 2 games when we are at a most critical time of the season? No F’ng doubt!
This is a view of which I can relate.

I mentioned IOED to @TUSKtimes earlier today. I see that as a fault in his logic.

As example, last year people were ready to crucify and burn Avery at the stake following that five game slide. Despite being encouraged to "let it play out" there was no stopping the "fahr Avery" crowd. Then we see this team beat the co-SEC regular season champion in the tournament and reach a point the Tide hasn't in years.

OIED-- It's an illusion, so to speak. A belief that a person has a depth of knowledge about a concept that in the end is over estimated. The belief that they are looking at this through a clear and precise point of view.

I see that, in spades, when we're talking about a handful of games and not looking at the entire picture.

Talent: When I consider Donta I like what he's done at Alabama. But, let's face this at its core. He's not the best at his position and certainly wasn't a "top flight recruit" coming out of high school. He's also a guy that committed to Bama under Grant.

One thing I have seen missing is that leadership role being "grabbed." As example, when Bama pulled within six and Mack missed two scoring opportunities on back to back trips down the court the team seemed to lose the energy it was building. That's a point where you need senior leadership to step in.

Now...we find ourselves back to a very old question. Is leadership something a person is born with or is it developed? I'm of the opinion it's developed. BUT, like free throws it's something that has to start at an early age. Like basic fundamentals, it has to be stressed early on.

It's certainly reasonable to say "a coach should be able to develop leaders." It's unreasonable to think that every coach has that ability. It's seldom found even in today's business world. And, I can only acknowledge the difficulty when you're talking about a kid that's 17 when you first get a chance to teach/coach them in life. One of the best in the business is a few hundred feet from Avery and he's missed it a few times in his tenure.

OIED-- It's an illusion, so to speak. A belief that a person has a depth of knowledge about a concept that in the end is over estimated. The belief that they are looking at this through a clear and precise point of view.

That would actually sound a lot more like a common fallacy. A failure in reasoning which renders an argument invalid.

Realistically, you possibly are no closer to the reality of what is the truth on this subject, however, I give you big props for not posting a statistic in the entire comment. Well done.

Realistically, you possibly are no closer to the reality of what is the truth on this subject, however, I give you big props for not posting a statistic in the entire comment. Well done.
You've shown your cards.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The issue, even with these few games, still hasn't been addressed. It's not been mentioned here, anywhere else ive have been, or reported on.

The health of the program has.

And I'll drastically back the point uo there as I've done here.

I'll get the thread up soon... mobile, and work. See ya in the morning.

You've shown your cards.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The issue, even with these few games, still hasn't been addressed. It's not been mentioned here, anywhere else ive have been, or reported on.

The health of the program has.

And I'll drastically back the point uo there as I've done here.

I'll get the thread up soon... mobile, and work. See ya in the morning.

Cryptic enough. Til tomorrow.

Cryptic enough. Til tomorrow.
Not trying to be... pretty tied up with this upgrade and have to do the work thing tonight.

No shit here. The software here is a hobby. This upgrade has been fun, with s few real puzzles. A few a real bitch.

I'm playing with mobile now... can't stop and type like I'd like to on this.

I tried use stats to analyze these last 2 games and the only thing I can come up with is just how f’ng Inconsistent we’ve been in the last 2 games (other than Lewis and some degree Hall). Against State, we got 5, yes 5 whole points from our bench including a big ZERO from Petty. Mack and Ingram had ‘respectable’ games combining for 25pts and shooting collectively just under 50%. Mack three 3s on 9 attempts. We were 7/24 from 3pt range. Not good. We also were out rebounded by 9-10 but shot 92% (not a typo) from FT line. Although the shooting %s were not as dramatically different (along with many other stats) considering we lost by 19, the points in paint were the most glaring: 40-24.

Against FL, we got 6 points from Ingram and Mack combined. Not exactly sure of what positions each guy is considered, but by my count we got 7pts from players I call forwards. After 92% from FT line at State, we shot 7/14 50% on our home court. Out rebounded once again and allow a AVERAGE FL offense to shoot 55% from the floor. Our bench did score 20pts but 10 of those was Petty who should be starting and a minimal output from what is suppose to be 1 of our top scores.

The one person I haven’t mentioned until
now is H. Jones. It’s hard to hate on this kid because he always seems to give effort and he is an elite defender, but we are nowhere near talented enough on offense to play extended minutes of 4 on 5 on offense. I realize Jones missed significant time vs Florida and that’s probably why they shot one of their best FG percentage this year; but Jones stats in last 2 games; 7 points and 1 rebound. Riley has moments from time to time but often a defensive liability and he hasn’t done anything since Vandy.

Our 3pt shooting is Abysmal.

I keep going back to just how much basketball talent do we have on this team?

Back
Top Bottom