| GAME THREAD Alabama Holds Off Texas A&M, 24-20

You're trying too hard "Barner Boomer". Now plug in your heating pad, and go to bed with some A535 rub. Past your bedtime, grandpa. Gotta save that hate for next week. LOL
I remember you....I think you called me a jackwagon once šŸ˜‚ Well you enjoy your Shula era ugly wins against inferior competition. Be happy with mediocrity šŸ˜‚

With all due respect, you're a fucking moron.
Ha ha ha ha ha! Once again, not a one of you sunshine pumping Care Bears can come up with ANY type of actual rebuttal, Just childish name calling. Hilarious. Saban may have some years left in him on the sidelines, but the best is over. Donā€™t feed me that shit about how the best is still ā€œyet to comeā€. HA! Show me ONE indicator of that! The dynasty peeked some time back, whether anyone wants to admit it or not. So far, this season has looked and felt like a time before Saban. But, as Iā€™m being told, the best is still yet to come. So, Iā€™ll sit back and wait for that to happen. Iā€™m sure a team better than the 2020 team is on the horizon šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

17 points off turnovers is the main story to me.
Undisciplined team is another. We were like 129th in penalties last season. This year we're 112th.

There was a time Saban went nuclear for littlest things. I guess it's his age catching up, because that level of intensity is gone.

Still think we have a good team though. Gibbs is a great RB, the offensive line is good, and Bryce can make any throw on the field.

The game is passing Saban by just like it did The Bear 40 years ago
He is definitely slowing down, but he is 70. Bear was in his 80s. Happens to everyone eventually. Iā€™m just glad that I was able to see part of the Bear Era as a kid, and all of the Saban era. Great times for sure. I believe Saban has one, maybe 2 more in him before he hangs it up. But if not , so what , no one can complain about what he has accomplished or the joy he has brought to us as fans. ROLLTIDE

He is definitely slowing down, but he is 70. Bear was in his 80s. Happens to everyone eventually. Iā€™m just glad that I was able to see part of the Bear Era as a kid, and all of the Saban era. Great times for sure. I believe Saban has one, maybe 2 more in him before he hangs it up. But if not , so what , no one can complain about what he has accomplished or the joy he has brought to us as fans. ROLLTIDE
The Bear never even made it to 70. He died at age 69 in 1983. I am forever grateful to Saban. He took over a program that had been debilitated by probation and had been further run into the ground by the previous regime, He fixed Shulaā€™s disaster in such a short time and that in itself was a miracle. Let alone the run that followed. He has slowed down. And yes, it happens to everyone. And he may still have some years left in him. But, anyone thinking that the best is still ahead is simply telling themselves a feel good lie. To say that the best is still ahead is to say that a team better than the 2020 national championship team is still on the horizon. Thatā€™s just not plausible. This dynasty peeked. At some point, the general consensus will be that Saban has done what Paterno and Bowden did. Hung around too long. RetIring after the 2020 championship year would have been a good note to bow out on and nobody would have faulted him. It is not inconceivable that we could see a 4-5 loss season while Saban is still here

The Bear never even made it to 70. He died at age 69 in 1983. I am forever grateful to Saban. He took over a program that had been debilitated by probation and had been further run into the ground by the previous regime, He fixed Shulaā€™s disaster in such a short time and that in itself was a miracle. Let alone the run that followed. He has slowed down. And yes, it happens to everyone. And he may still have some years left in him. But, anyone thinking that the best is still ahead is simply telling themselves a feel good lie. To say that the best is still ahead is to say that a team better than the 2020 national championship team is still on the horizon. Thatā€™s just not plausible. This dynasty peeked. At some point, the general consensus will be that Saban has done what Paterno and Bowden did. Hung around too long. RetIring after the 2020 championship year would have been a good note to bow out on and nobody would have faulted him. It is not inconceivable that we could see a 4-5 loss season while Saban is still here
I agree, and stand corrected on the Bears age. I was young when he passed, only 12. I do remember I was n the 7th grade. Coach came into the Jr High locker room and said practice was cancelled because the greatest coach had passed away that day. But, as a fan I can only be grateful for all that the Bear and Saban have been able to do. And yes , coaching is not like wine, it tends to not get better as it ages.

A lot of people said the game passed Bear by in 1969 and 1970. but he made a change and Bama DOMINATED the 70s.
Saban has also made philosophical changes. And it has obviously worked well, he has many more years left in coaching.
Roll Tide!!
I think Sabans version of this was when he brought in Kiffin and changed from a focus on D to the RPO offense.

Considering he wasn't even able to throw passes in "warmups" I doubt very seriously he is anywhere near being 100%.
I did not get to see the game but was this the report? I thought he had been practicing and throwing first time I am hearing this. Hope it is not true.

I think Sabans version of this was when he brought in Kiffin and changed from a focus on D to the RPO offense.

I did not get to see the game but was this the report? I thought he had been practicing and throwing first time I am hearing this. Hope it is not true.

No clue what happened at practice but during warm ups he stood with the other QBs and either watched or just went through the motions and stopping before throwing a pass.

No clue what happened at practice but during warm ups he stood with the other QBs and either watched or just went through the motions and stopping before throwing a pass.

Hmmmm sorry to see that. Time for the needle :). I know that would help with the pain but not sure how it would help the strenght and ability to put zip on the ball.

Not sure, but it may have been that since they had already decided to hold him out they were making sure the shoulder was rested.
According to CNS on his show Thursday night, the injury responds best to ā€œcomplete restā€ of the joint.

Back
Top Bottom