| RECRUIT Alabama gets 2020 quarterback commit from Carson Beck

• Thread starter Michael Casagrande | mcasagrande@al.com
  • Start date
M

Michael Casagrande | mcasagrande@al.com

Alabama has its first QB commit for 2020.

Alabama has two quarterbacks in the 2019 recruiting class. Now it has a commitment for the 2020 version.

Carson Beck, previously committed to play baseball at Florida, flipped to Alabama before his junior year. The Jacksonville, Florida product made the announcement via Twitter on Tuesday afternoon.

Beck did not have a 247Sports star rating or class ranking. He's listed at 6-foot-4, 225 pounds.

He will play both baseball and football, according to the Twitter announcement.

Other football offers for Beck included Boston College, Florida, Florida Atlantic and Miami, according to 247Sports.

The commitment gives Alabama four in the class of 2020.

He joins Dazalin Worsham of Hewitt-Trussville, Javier Morton of Stone Mountain, Georgia and Jackson Bratton of Muscle Shoals as 2020 commits. All three of the previous pledges are ranked in the top 150 of the 247Sports composite.

Alabama didn't have any quarterbacks in the 2018 signing class until Layne Hatcher swapped Arkansas State for the Tide late in the process. It has
Taulia Tagovailoa and Paul Tyson committed for the 2019 class.

Take a look at Beck's highlight video from his sophomore season at Providence.

Michael Casagrande | mcasagrande@al.com
Alabama gets 2020 quarterback commit from Carson Beck

He won’t be at Providence next year. Maybe Mandarin High School. My oldest went to Providence (c/o 2017) and I have a mutual friend that teaches with his mother. His highlights are great, but bear in mind that last year, Gus Bradley’s kid was the starter. Hence politics of private school.

Very, very interesting... It's a tough enough road for a QB at Alabama (see 95% of threads), let alone playing another sport!

Must be super talented. Already big as an ox for just being a soph. Should be fun to follow him next year.

RTR!

So...... did we just concede D.J Uiagalelei to clemson and Harrison Bailey to jawja?
I don't think "concede" is the right word. Beck said that Enos told him Bama was only going to take one quarterback in the class. He went on to say that it was a decision the staff made unanimously and it was one of the first times the staff at Bama had everyone on the same page saying "this is the guy we want."

This article goes into more detail

Alabama Football Recruiting: Alabama QB commit on Tide: 'I just fell in love with the place'

Back
Top Bottom