| RECRUIT Alabama Football Recruiting: Arch Manning heads to Tuscaloosa - Roll Tide Wire

So I have been back-and-forth back-and-forth back-and-forth on arch Manning.

Because he is who he is, I’m sure he is going to come out of high school with every bit the same talent level as uncle Peyton and uncle Eli, and because of that he is going to be chased after by every college that thinks they have a shot.

All that being said, I would love for him to sign with Alabama but I do not think he will. Truly, I think Ole Miss has a decent shot only because of family history, but you have to wonder if the Manning Household Wants Lane Kiffin holding the reins. I think Georgia probably has a shot but I’m not sure if they think Kirby can keep the team at a upper echelon level for the next three seasons.

I think Texas has a real shot especially with them moving into the SEC, and if they wanted to I think USC would have a shot strictly because of Lincoln Riley. Now that is strictly my opinion so who the hell knows, but you all know one thing for certain, this is going to be one long football season because every Tuesday you’re going to get some type of Manning breaking news

I think Georgia probably has a shot but I’m not sure if they think Kirby can keep the team at a upper echelon level for the next three seasons.

I'm just the opposite. And it is more the fact that Kirby has proven over and over that he mismanages the QB position. Kind of hard to argue with last years results, but over his tenure as the HC, he does not seem to put the most talented QB on the field. I am looking at this from the lens of a Bama fan, but there always seems to be a turmoil there and it doesn't seem to work in Smart's favor. ie, Justin Field and this past year with JT Daniel. Couple that issue along with the fact that they haven't really developed at that position. Why go there?

I truly think it is between us and Texas. Saban obviously has put an emphasis on the QB position and the development in that role that will make them more prepared for the next level. Sark has an awesome pedigree and has coached some great college/NFL QB's. I think Sark's biggest issue is the expectation of the fan base and being able to meet those expectations within the short time frame he is allotted. If this next season is anywhere like last......he will be taking BOB's spot as OC at Bama again after this next season.

Good point about Kirby, I just don’t think they will land him in the end but I think they probably have a shot but maybe a low level one. I guess I’m going to not get too worked up about it in hopes that we do land him but the way we trade all types of coordinators out every year give or take, could be a factor in sending him elsewhere. You know how it is, it comes down to what school they think is the best to showcase his talent so that he is a number one NFL draft pick and maybe do something all the other Mannings couldn’t do and bring home a national championship

I'm just the opposite. And it is more the fact that Kirby has proven over and over that he mismanages the QB position. Kind of hard to argue with last years results, but over his tenure as the HC, he does not seem to put the most talented QB on the field. I am looking at this from the lens of a Bama fan, but there always seems to be a turmoil there and it doesn't seem to work in Smart's favor. ie, Justin Field and this past year with JT Daniel. Couple that issue along with the fact that they haven't really developed at that position. Why go there?

I truly think it is between us and Texas. Saban obviously has put an emphasis on the QB position and the development in that role that will make them more prepared for the next level. Sark has an awesome pedigree and has coached some great college/NFL QB's. I think Sark's biggest issue is the expectation of the fan base and being able to meet those expectations within the short time frame he is allotted. If this next season is anywhere like last......he will be taking BOB's spot as OC at Bama again after this next season.

I agree with this. Brock Vandagriff isn't happy in Athens. Still with the program, but many are saying he will be gone if he can't get time over Stetson this Fall. Another five star is why I say that. Carson Beck was a high four star that I'm shocked hasn't left. Gunner Stockton may stay with his lag and getting a year in while Stetson has his encore. All that being said, you are right that Kirby doesn't know how to develop offensive talent. He won last yesr because of defense, not offense. Bennett was bailed out a few times by that smothering defense.

Back
Top Bottom