| RECRUIT Alabama Football Recruiting: Arch Manning heads to Tuscaloosa - Roll Tide Wire

B

Bama News

The chase for Arch Manning continues this weekend after stops in Athens to see the Georgia Bulldogs and Austin for another look at the Texas Longhorns. Recently, Texas pulled out all the stops with Sam Ehlinger and Colt McCoy returning to help convince Manning to choose the Burnt Orange.

This weekend it will be the Alabama Crimson Tide that will host the No. 1 recruit in the 2023 class. Head coach Nick Saban and the staff are expecting some huge visitors over the weekend alongside Manning. According to Joseph Hastings of On3, this is a “crucial” visit for the Tide. Recent recruiting projections have Texas as the clear-cut favorite to land Manning at this point.

“This is going to be a crucial visit for Alabama,” Hastings said. “Arch Manning is coming off a multi-day trip to Texas that, by all accounts, went as well as the Longhorns could have hoped for. Texas, along with Georgia — a school Manning visited earlier this month as well — pose the biggest threats to Alabama’s chances of landing the Five-Star Plus+ quarterback.”

All is not lost if Manning did opt to join former Crimson Tide OC Steve Sarkisian in Austin. Alabama currently has Jalen Milroe and last year’s five-star signee Ty Simpson waiting in the wings behind Bryce Young. They have recently been among the top teams for Texas A&M decommit, Eli Holstein.

Still, the focus should be on pulling out every trick in the bag to secure the nation’s top recruit. Not that Nick Saban needs to do anything other than show the premier quarterback the Crimson Tide’s trophy room.

When it is all said and done I expect Saban to do what he did with Julio and tell Manning we will win with you or without you. Seems like the best approach instead of pulling out all the stops as these writers imply. This is Bama and sure Manning would be great in T-Town but Bama is going to be ok either way.

Yes, I agree with this 1000%. I'm already sick of this dog and pony show. Not Arch's fault as he's only a kid doing what every other kid his age is doing. The media has made this so crazy that I'm almost to the point of wishing he'd go elsewhere so we don't have to hear about it anymore. He's not going to transcend this university or the quarterback position. He won't do anything that hasn't been done before in my mind. Natty's, Heisman's, All-American's, Academic All-American's etc. I say that because I hope we don't tip to any recruit like a lot of these schools are with Arch. I want him to come in if he chooses us and prepare like everyone else, and if he can cut it then he gets to lead the offense. This train ain't stopping for him or anyone else, so that whole Julio speech is exactly what needs to be used. We are in good hands either way with Milroe and Simpson. The good thing about Arch is that I honestly don't think these schools are swaying him one way or the other by going over the top. He has some of the best ever within arm's reCh of him and they raised him to handle this unemotionally. Alabama is exactly the fit he has been raised for, it's all bitness.

Yes, I agree with this 1000%. I'm already sick of this dog and pony show. Not Arch's fault as he's only a kid doing what every other kid his age is doing. The media has made this so crazy that I'm almost to the point of wishing he'd go elsewhere so we don't have to hear about it anymore. He's not going to transcend this university or the quarterback position. He won't do anything that hasn't been done before in my mind. Natty's, Heisman's, All-American's, Academic All-American's etc. I say that because I hope we don't tip to any recruit like a lot of these schools are with Arch. I want him to come in if he chooses us and prepare like everyone else, and if he can cut it then he gets to lead the offense. This train ain't stopping for him or anyone else, so that whole Julio speech is exactly what needs to be used. We are in good hands either way with Milroe and Simpson. The good thing about Arch is that I honestly don't think these schools are swaying him one way or the other by going over the top. He has some of the best ever within arm's reCh of him and they raised him to handle this unemotionally. Alabama is exactly the fit he has been raised for, it's all bitness.
And he is really hurting the school he goes to...( maybe not hurtng...)
Whoever.....he could just choose....and they...bama, uga, texas ....could use as a recruiting tool...for receivers .... etc

He probably knows...has a pick...but
just enjoying the recruiting....aspect...

Do it....get it over...start helping his choice recruit

I just can't envision any of the Manning's (including Arch) being swayed by recruiting ploys. Its about development as a player, being a team mate, preparing for the league & believe it or not, an education is still a factor.

What's funny & obvious to me, is that Texas & Jawja would be nothing without the CNS influence... Sooooooooo, as @BamaFan334 noted "it's all bitness"

I'm numb to that joke.
That's just cold.............

I mean gold. That was absolute gold!!!!

1bbb735b948c4d8df721e4b622e39fc1.jpg

Alabama’s loaded recruiting weekend features a trio of players who are the top-ranked prospects at their respective positions in the Class of 2023. Those three are quarterback Arch Manning, safety Caleb Downs, and tight end Duce Robinson.

Getting Manning on campus was crucial for the Crimson Tide. He previously took trips to Georgia and Texas in March, with that stay in Austin lasting multiple days.

It is also an important visit when looking at the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine. With this visit to Alabama, the RPM gives the Crimson Tide a 35.6 percent chance of landing the Five-Star Plus+ target.

A quick note is that the RPM takes into account machine learning, social sentiment, visits, historical trends, and other factors. However, expert predictions are still a big piece of the RPM equation.

Not a BCS member? Sign up today and pay just 10 dollars for four months of access. That’s nearly 30 dollars’ worth of savings!

What makes Alabama’s lead interesting here is that there is only one prediction on Manning’s On3 profile, and it’s in favor of the Longhorns. As mentioned above, visits are also taken into account, but Manning has checked out Alabama the same amount of times — three — as he’s been to Texas.

All of this is to say that Nick Saban and Company do not hold the lead on the RPM due to just a higher volume of visits or having a prediction in their favor; there are other factors at play here benefitting the program.

Another intriguing note is that the Crimson Tide are also the favorites on the RPM for fellow Louisiana-based quarterback Eli Holstein. Alabama’s 2023 class won’t feature both quarterbacks, but they appear likely to land one based on the RPM’s current projections.

The RPM does fluctuate, but the Crimson Tide do hold the lead following recent visits to three schools — Alabama, Georgia, and Texas — that most presume to be the favorites for Manning at this time.

LOOK: Arch Manning on Alabama’s campus​

Although Manning is not one to use his social media accounts too often (he just created a Twitter account in February), we were able to get a look at him on Alabama’s campus.

The photo below is via On3 National Recruiting Analyst Sam Spiegelman, and it shows Manning at Bryant-Denny Stadium on Saturday. While on the field, he’s seen talking with 2022 Crimson Tide signee Shazz Preston.

Preston is a recent example of how well the Crimson Tide do on the recruiting trail. Preston, a top-50 overall prospect on the 2022 On3 Consensus, was a part of an Alabama class that finished second nationally last cycle.

Consistently recruiting top talent has led to immense success for the program on the field. Manning’s head coach, Nelson Stewart, highlighted that success in a conversation with BCS last month.

“Obviously, they’re a winner,” Stewart previously told us. “They’ve won year in and year out. That’s why they’re in it [for Manning’s recruitment] because of the total success that they’ve had as a team.”

Stewart also credited Alabama for their development of quarterbacks, especially in recent years.

“He loves it,” Stewart said of Manning’s thoughts on Alabama’s QB development. “From Lane Kiffin to [Steve Sarkisian] to now Coach [Bill] O’Brien, they stay the same. They build on what they do. I think that’s a staple of good organization. Regardless of the coordinator, they’ve found success. I think that’s speaks volumes about how they are as a team… I think he’s been tremendously impressed with how they’ve developed quarterbacks.”

The No. 1 player overall regardless of position, Manning is one of just three Five-Star Plus+ prospects in the 2023 class, the others being Cormani McClain and Malachi Nelson. A Five-Star Plus+ recruit is a player who is a five-star on all four major recruiting media services

I don’t think Saban’s ever landed the number 1 rated player in the 247 Composite … though maybe Hand was on top of the 247 list? It seems those players typically do like to be gushed over and promised paths to glory. Or maybe I just feel that way because they don’t sign with Bama! 😖

I don’t think Saban’s ever landed the number 1 rated player in the 247 Composite … though maybe Hand was on top of the 247 list? It seems those players typically do like to be gushed over and promised paths to glory. Or maybe I just feel that way because they don’t sign with Bama! 😖

Yes, Hand was #1 for Rivals over Myles Garrett. Najee was #1 as well.

Bryce was #2.

Back
Top Bottom